MVS Cabs with Steering Wheels in South America? - Never Mind -

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Edit: Never mind - just chatted with him. He had it confused with another game. Well - Better question, I've seen a bartop arcade mod with a steering wheel running Thrash Rally so I guess it theoretically would work?

A follower of mine on Instagram commented on my post today about Neo Drift Out. Dude is from Chile, and I know the MVS was crazy popular down in SA. He said he played the game a lot back in the day, on large cabs with steering wheels. I've never seen anything like this in over 25 years. Was this a thing? I know bootlegs were/are rampant down there, so could this have been some sort of cab mod/conversion? I don't even how how that would control - does it even support analog control? There isn't an option in the dip menu for joystick vs analog (like, say, with Puchi Carat on Taito F3).

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Roads Edge for the Hyper NEO•GEO 64 had a steering wheel.
I got to play it one time and remember really liking it.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Roads Edge for the Hyper NEO•GEO 64 had a steering wheel.
I got to play it one time and remember really liking it.
Aye, Roads Edge is the only driving SNK cab I could think of as well. Fun game, as you said. I've only got to play it once at a chance finding in the wild a long time ago. Spent a few bucks I remember.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Loris Biaggi did some cool stuff w/ NT’s schematic.
Scroll down for vids of MVS wheels in action!