MVS Bust-A-Move problem

mhkohne

n00b
10 Year Member
I have a 2 slot MVS (in the wood-grain cab with the 19" monitor). When I bought it, I got two carts - Metal Slug & Bust-a-move. Metal slug performs flawlessly, but I've got some issues with Bust-a-move.

Note that I did start by swapping the carts between the two slots, and the problem follows the card. I also pulled them and cleaned the contacts with no effect. I've had the bust-a-move open and touched up some solder joints, also no effect.

The first problem is that there are graphical glitches on the opening screen -
DSC02977.JPG

The second (and more important) problem is that I'm seeing some VERY high scores when I play. Like in the millions. And I'm actually not that good. So I'm pretty sure that there's a problem here.

Anyone got any hints on what to do next? I'd like my high scores to be correct, and I would like the graphics glitches to go away.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
I have a 2 slot MVS (in the wood-grain cab with the 19" monitor). When I bought it, I got two carts - Metal Slug & Bust-a-move. Metal slug performs flawlessly, but I've got some issues with Bust-a-move.

Note that I did start by swapping the carts between the two slots, and the problem follows the card. I also pulled them and cleaned the contacts with no effect. I've had the bust-a-move open and touched up some solder joints, also no effect.

The first problem is that there are graphical glitches on the opening screen -
DSC02977.JPG

The second (and more important) problem is that I'm seeing some VERY high scores when I play. Like in the millions. And I'm actually not that good. So I'm pretty sure that there's a problem here.

Anyone got any hints on what to do next? I'd like my high scores to be correct, and I would like the graphics glitches to go away.

Could it be a boot? There does seem to be a Bust a Move boot epidemic.