MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Will the NEOSD interfere in any way with existing modifications to an AES console such as 60Hz switches or UniBIOS installations?

It should work totally with the unibios (I guess there would be reports already if it never). I suspect it will be totally fine on 60hz AES given thats the normal MVS spec but there might be an outside chance of issues on PAL AES systems. I suspect however neosd and neodev have already factored that in before they released it on AES so it should be fine also. Does anyone want to keep an AES running at 50hz though, I'm not so sure.

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
Can you post a picture of the issue.

A couple of comparative pics showing the 'vertical bar' glitch at the intro on Bakatonosama Mahjong Manyuuki. It appears about once out of five times the intro is run, and only when the first geisha appears. The vertical bar seems to show the title screen, which would be 'behind the scene'. The glitch also occurs in NeoRAGE X emulator, but not in MAME (as far as I can remember). It is persistent even with .neo files from different sources.

Correct screen:

20170310_145716-Good.jpg

Glitched screen:

20170310_145628-Bad.jpg

- Set-up: Consolized Neo-Geo MVS MV-1F with UniBIOS 3.2 Free, Arcade mode, USA region, RGB video input
- NeoSD-MVS firmware version: MCU 1.05 R05; 68K 1.03; Prog 1D2F; Cha BDC4

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I have no idea on whats causing that issue to happen (vram corruptiion), I never seen it before in this game. Try making sure you are in Japan region and see if that makes a difference.

Last edited:

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
I have no idea on whats causing that issue to happen (vram corruptiion), I never seen it before in this game. Try making sure you are in Japan region and see if that makes a difference.

Confirmed: The glitch only occurs in USA region - Arcade mode. I haven't seen it in the rest of possible combinations. I wonder if the putative VRAM corruption might be due to the 'Winners don't use drugs' screen, as it is the only difference when the game is run in MVS-USA mode.

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
Confirmed: The glitch only occurs in USA region - Arcade mode. I haven't seen it in the rest of possible combinations. I wonder if the putative VRAM corruption might be due to the 'Winners don't use drugs' screen, as it is the only difference when the game is run in MVS-USA mode.

Not sure but on your pic there's no credit display on the left, which is supposed to be there in USA region.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Credit display is handled by the game and not the bios and this game was never released in USA.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Hello,

We have stock of both MVS and AES.

Just checked the webshop and everything is ok there ....

Thanks

I must have visited the wrong page in error. My bad. Do you have a working link? Thanks so much.

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
Not sure but on your pic there's no credit display on the left, which is supposed to be there in USA region.

As Razoola says, this game lacks the left credit display and only has the right one, a distinctive feature of both JAP/EUR regions, since it was a Japan-only release and seems not to be 'fully ready' to be run in USA region. My guess is that this is the main reason for the aforementioned glitch, maybe due to the forced introduction of the 'Winners don't use drugs' screen characteristic of such region.

fustylad

n00b
I just wanted to pop in and say thank you to Neo SD team, Razoola, Rot and everyone in the community for all of your hard work and support in making this a success. I just ordered one and I am very excited to try it out!

FikNaldo

n00b
I just wanted to pop in and say thank you to Neo SD team, Razoola, Rot and everyone in the community for all of your hard work and support in making this a success. I just ordered one and I am very excited to try it out!

I'd like to offer the same thanks - got my cart the other day, and it's amazing!
I had a little issue with speckles - but contacted support and despite how busy they are I got an updated firmware very quickly which fixed the problem.

Thanks guys!

OGHUGO

n00b
So I received my NeoSD cart about a week and a half ago and the cart works well however when taking it out of the package it had a hole in it at first I did now know if it was an actual hole since it had sticker residue from the label but after taking that little piece of label that was hanging sure enough was a hole and apparently went through from the front to the back. I quickly contacted NEOSD store only to get accused of doing this myself. The guy I have been emailing back and forth claimed that he packed all of them himself. I said "why would I do this to my own cart" As I have been waiting a very long time for something like this. The package does not have a hole in it like the cart shell does so I do not know how the hole got there. My suspicion is that either was packed this way and the guy who packed did not notice or something happened in customs as this was held for 2 days there. I am trying to work this out with NEOSD but they claim they are contacting USP for answers. All I can say is if anyone has had the same problem please voice it here as other people need to know.. They could get a perfectly working one with no defects or get one that works fine but with cosmetic issues like I did. Last email I sent I just offered to pay for a new shell as this is getting ridiculous.

neosd

Neosd Developer
So I received my NeoSD cart about a week and a half ago and the cart works well however when taking it out of the package it had a hole in it at first I did now know if it was an actual hole since it had sticker residue from the label but after taking that little piece of label that was hanging sure enough was a hole and apparently went through from the front to the back. I quickly contacted NEOSD store only to get accused of doing this myself. The guy I have been emailing back and forth claimed that he packed all of them himself. I said "why would I do this to my own cart" As I have been waiting a very long time for something like this. The package does not have a hole in it like the cart shell does so I do not know how the hole got there. My suspicion is that either was packed this way and the guy who packed did not notice or something happened in customs as this was held for 2 days there. I am trying to work this out with NEOSD but they claim they are contacting USP for answers. All I can say is if anyone has had the same problem please voice it here as other people need to know.. They could get a perfectly working one with no defects or get one that works fine but with cosmetic issues like I did. Last email I sent I just offered to pay for a new shell as this is getting ridiculous.

Quoted to avoid he edits his post while i prepare the answer

Thanks

On 28/2/17 14:58 Mr OGHUGO sent us an email (i answered all his emails) claiming his neosd arrived with a hole (his details will be hidden to protect his ident.

Thank you I have received the unit but there is a problem with the casing.
it seems to be some kind of hole or issue with the case and label.
here is a pic of the cart..

driller2.jpgdriller1.jpg

I would like to see if I can get a replacement shell and sticker for this.. atleast for the front one. the back seems to be fine.
Also do you guys have different color shells?

Cart seems to be working just fine but i don't like that ugly blemish for something that cost so much i would like it fixed..

Let me know, thanks.

XXX XXX

15 minutes latter, on 28/2/17 15:03 i answered his email asking if the pacage was damaged

Hello XXX,

Was the packing damanged ? Are you sure about the shell is damaged aswel or is it only the sticker ?

Thanks

10 minutes after my email, he answered with another email at 28/2/17 15:13

Thank you for the quick reply.. I don't believe the package was not damaged in shipping, however when I shake it I can hear something loose inside. the box was a bit crushed but the pic I sent does nto seem to have happened during shipping it seems that it is a manufacturing defect..
it seems like the actual casing has a hole on it cause I can see the inside of it.
Here are pics of the cardboard box.

driller4.jpgdriller3.jpg

At this stage i had my serious doubts about what happed there. So i started discussing with other team members about what could have caused the hole.

We had a crazy idea about what could have caused that, consisting in a bubble air betwen the sticker and the shell that could have damaged it with a preasure change on the plane (crazy, but it was the only thing we could think about)

So i anwered him that on 28/2/17 15:24:

Hello XXX,

This is something we have to research, so we need that you ship it back to us.

We need to determine what caused the hole there, as the plastic is strong and i can tell you the hole was not there when we put the sticker on it. I can just tell you that cause i muyself put every sticker on every NEOSD, so i know there were no shells with holes or i would have sent the shell back to the factory.

We will send this shell back to the factory so they can analize it and determine the cause of the hole.

Anyways, don´t worry, you will get a replacement shell on your NEOSD as soon as it arrives here.

Thanks

He answered 11 minutes after, at 28/2/17 15:35

Yeah the thing is how long is this going to take..?
and will you pay for the return shipping back?

also i took off the little piece of label hanging and there is a hole on it and goes from the front to the back just took a closer look at it..
here are additional pictures..

drillerc.jpgdrillerb.jpgdrillera.jpg

At this stage our previous idea got discarded and we get a feeling about being cheated.

First thing that took out atention was that the hole in those new pictures was bigger than on the first ones.
Also, looking at the pictures close, this was cleary caused by a driller, cause the direction of the drilling marks

hole_closeup.jpg

Our resources are really limited and we don´t want to send testing/packing to 3rd parties to ensure every customer gets a working unit, so if someone cames with a function claim, we know for sure the board was shipped working, so we can rule out others fault.

I myself do all the mounting/testing/shipping/process, there is no anyone else doing that.

This is how shells came from factory in boxes

shell_box.jpeg

So the process to ship a NEOSD is :

I pick a shell, put the boards inside, put the screws, put the sticker and ship the order to the customer

So basically its impossible that we ship a neosd with a driller hole for a lot of reasons :

1 - there are two shell boxes, one for front shell and another one for the back shell. It would be impossible to pick two parts with a driller hole on the same position for both parts

2 - this driller hole was cleary done after the whole sell was mounted and the sticker was put there.

3 - i myself don´t have a driller or something like that here, but Mr OGHUGO has one for sure, looking at the pictures he sent us :

just check this picture he sent me

driller3.jpg

black_and_decker.png

So at this stage we were totally sure he was cheating on us, even that we decided to ship him a free of charge shell just to not waste more time answering his emails or discussing with him, it costs us much more to answer his emails than ship a replacement shell.

BTW, we still wonder why someone would get a driller and make a hole there, but this is something we will never know about, for sure.

So ....

We sent him an email back asking him for his neosd serial number to ship him a replacement shell as soon as it was possible, we decided that legit customers had priority over such things, time is limited and there are still pending orders as today ...

Hello XXX,

Please, let me know your NEOSD serial, so we can arrange you a replacemente shell on 28/2/17 16:51

Thanks

He answered back on 28/2/17 17:36 with just a picture of his neosd serial number (serial hidden to protect his info)

driller_serial.jpg

In the meanwhile we keept packing and shiping orders. Among suffering 2 flus, an Intestinal virus and answering infinite emails about "when are you going to ship my order" and so, 16 hours per day working basic Terraonion thingle ...

So he sent another email on 8/3/17 18:35, just 8 days after we told him he would ship him the shell.

Hi following up on this just wanna see if and when the shell replacement will be sent out.. thanks

On this moment i was pretty tired and decided that as he wont just want to wait until the shell we promissed him arrives i wanted to hear his version about what happened with the shell.

So 1,5 hours after his email, on 8/3/17 20:04 i asked him about the shell again :

Hello Hugo,

Could you please tell me how this :

driller1.jpg

Became this ? :

respuesta2.jpg

I can see plastic arround the hole on the first picture you sent me

respuesta3.jpg

But i can´t see it on the seccond picture you sent me

respuesta4.jpg

Please, give me a good explanation about what happened there, i am really interested about listen it

Thanks

I was expecting a good answer such as :

hey, i am sorry it was me with the driller, cause the shell felt on the floor or something like that ...

But instead of that he answered that on 8/3/17 20:10

Yes when I first took the picture it was a little piece of the label hanging and it fell off exposing the hole that was behind it.. the hole goes all the way through to the other side I do not know how this got on there as there is no hole on the package and no hole in the cardboard box this was sent this way..

At first I thought it was some kind of like hot glue or something but when the small label price fell off it was a hole that went from one side to the other.

Let me know if you need additional pictures as I would NOT do this to my own cart have been waiting for this for a long time. The cart works fine but just the shell is the one damaged.

Let me know please.

So i decided to tell him that i am not stupid, so i sent him another email on 8/3/17 20:20 :

XXX,

This is plastic, not label.

Also, i want to let you know that i myself put every sticker on the shells and pack the neosds, no one else does that.

So, please, explain me what happened with the shell, cause this damage was clearly done with a driller seeing the directional marks on the hole.

Thanks

He answered at 8/3/17 20:24

Look this is the way I got this unit I DO NOT KNOW WHT HAPPENED as this is how it was when I opened the unit.. this did hit customs and it was there for a few days I do not know if they opened it and did something to it.. I do not appreciate you accusing me or doing anything to this.. if you cannot help me with this I will have to get my credit card company involved in this matter.. as I said the unit works the casing has a hole and yes looks like someone drilled through it.. someone did but not me.. I want a replacement shell as the unit works.. let me know what you want to do next.

So he came with the credit card stuff that got me even more pissed.
I just let you know Mr OGHUGO that we fight all those, no matters if we have to spend 1.000s on this, we take bank wire frauds seriously.

He was sugesting ups caused the damage, so i decided to ask him again about that just to see how he says the damage was caused by UPS

I sent this email on 8/3/17 20:27

Hugo,

I want to know who did it to send you a replacement.

I have no problem on sending a replacement, but i want to know what happened there.

So, your neosd was shipped by UPS it isn´t ? if so, let me call ups to know if the packet was stopped and what happened there.

Thanks

He answered at 8/3/17 20:31

All I want is a replacement case I truthfully do not know how or why or who did this. I was expecting this from ups and I called as it was delayed in customs and they said that it would be delayed until customs released the package.. that took 2 additional days.. then I got it and I emailed you the day after that is what happened not trying to pull one on you guys I like the product it works great just has that hole..

Please let me know if you need additional pics of the packaging or the casing it self just want to get this resolved thanks..

So i decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and call UPS asking if could be possible that someone at customs got a driller and made a hole there (i think i saw some many episodes of this airport show where police does that on bags ....)

I sent him this email on 8/3/17 20:35

Don´t worry

We don´t really have a problem sending a replacement shell, its more about the time to pack it and ship than the cost of the shipment/shell itself.

But we want to know what happened there.

You say the packet was delayed at customs 2 days and this makes sense to me, so please, allow me to contact UPS tomorrow and ask what happened there, i should be able to ship you a replacement at the end of this week or at the begining of next week.

Thanks

he answred back at 8/3/17 20:38

Sounds good like I said I would not purposely do this to my own card and I do want it just need this fixed...

Thanks for ur help.

On 13/3/17 1:44 he sent another email

Hello I was waiting for a follow up on this.
Did you guys get a chance to call ups to ask what happen on this issue ?
As I said I would like to get this resolved let me know if you were able to send a replacement case for me
Thanks

I already had called UPS about that and you guys wondered what UPS said about that ? they laught about me, the sales representative just said : i saw so many things in 20 years working on UPS but never something like that. I forwarded him Mr OGHUGO email with the hole pictures and told the sales representative : i know what happens here, but i just want an answer by email in case this ends in court or somewhere else.

As yesterday i still didnt´have this email from UPS, i answered Mr OGHUGO that :

Hello XXX,

We contacted UPS and we are waiting for an answer, we should get one this week.

Thanks

Mr OGHUGO just answered today at 17:21, it seems he wanted to "post this on forums" to let know others how bad we are

This is ridiculous I understand you don't want to eat up the cost of another shell and shipping however I am getting a bit tired of waiting. If I have to I will pay for the shell replacement. Why would I mess up my own cartridge... this will be posted on the forums for other people to see what they could expect.. either they will get a good one or one with a hole like I did.

I answered him today at 17:24

Hello Hugo,

We will be happy to discuss this on the forums if you want that.

You send an email everyday and i told you a lot of times that i am going to ship you a replacemente shell asap (its planed for this week).

Thanks

So he decided to come here defaming us so i had to stop packing orders and create this post.

In the meanwhile (while i was creating/editing this post), he sent another email at 18:12

Here is the email communications..
Everyday ,?? from the 8th to the 12th is 4 days.. not 1 day not every day.

emails.png

Look I just want to get this solved. What are we going to do about this?

So what happens now ?

Well, right now i had to stop shipping and i have spent 2 hours on that stuff, i had some packets ready to ship but i can´t go to correos today anymore cause its 19:29 here and its about to close.

So what are we going to do now ?
Ship him a replacement shell

When ?
as soon as possible

When as soon as possible is ?
I hope before the week ends, once we have every order as today shipped.

He offered you to purchase a replacement shell, why didnt´you acepted that ?
Cause he tried to cheat on us and got us tired while doing that.

EDIT :

His first email complaining about the hole came on 28/2/17 14:58

Captura de pantalla 2017-03-14 a las 19.41.47.png

while he got the packet one day after, he took his time to make the drill for sure ...

Attachments

• driller3.JPG
    driller3.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 175
Last edited:

OGHUGO

n00b
Quoted to avoid he edits his post while i prepare the answer

Thanks

On 28/2/17 14:58 Mr OGHUGO sent us an email (i answered all his emails) claiming his neosd arrived with a hole (his details will be hidden to protect his ident.

15 minutes latter, on 28/2/17 15:03 i answered his email asking if the pacage was damaged

10 minutes after my email, he answered with another email at 28/2/17 15:13

Look we have been going back and forth all I want is to get this resolved if I have to pay for a new shell and label so be it. But something that cost $500 should not have a frigging hole in it. You say I contact you every day.. The last time i contacted you before this yesterday was on the 8th. On the 12th I asked for a follow up. So let me know what we can do to work this out.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
That looks really strange, I'm just trying to understand what is plastic and what is the label in the damaged area and what could have caused such a thing.

OGHUGO

n00b
That looks really strange, I'm just trying to understand what is plastic and what is the label in the damaged area and what could have caused such a thing.

Yes and this is what I have been trying to explain to NEOSD.. They think I am the one that did this. I have no idea how this was done. As I said I am just looking to resolve this issue if it means buying a new sell. I gave them bunch of pictures and even asked if they needed more to let me know.. This is why I am wondering if anyone else had an issue similar to mines. Could it have been customs that this did ? I do not know as this was held there for 2 days before it was picked up again by ups and shipped to me.. When you cannot explain what happen and the item has some strange hole drilled on the casing with no hole drilled on the box or the bobble envelope it either happen when it was packed, or on the way to me as this is the way I received it.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
That's absolutely a drill hole. That's the sort of thing customs sometimes do (in some countries) - but they would mark the package (and it would be obvious it has been opened by customs previously). But yes, clearly drilled imo.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I got to jump in here.... And without seeing the cart with my own eyes, here is what I say has happened.

Customs drilled into this item (from the back) to see what is inside given what to them would look like an unneeded space inside as it went through an xray. They are more likely to do this when there is a product seal. The drill went through the back of the shell and then started into the front of the shell but did not make it all the way through (which is why the label looks like it did in first pictures).

I think that is highly unlikly that this person drilled into the shell purposely or even by accident, its far far more likely to be customs.

Last edited: