MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

neosd

Neosd Developer
I never even acknowledge what was done and said in PCEFx since that was just a cluster fuck situation. That got out of control and therefore I did not even want to go there as the guy arguing with me started to get my family involved.
I understand your terms and conditions and I thank you for being fair. I will try to make an effort to contribute to this forum.
I am a gamer just like everyone else here, and it's an awesome hobby but as a hobby I don't want it to become something that I will end up being hated on for.
People that commented are lucky this did not happen to them as I believe they would feel the same way. NeoSD team thinks that I am trying to harm their reputation. How is that? If I keep saying that this is a great product ! I am glad that this got resolved and ultimately that was what I was looking for, a resolution.

Hugo,

Just heard about the PCEFx stuff now, really sorry to heard about that, some people are beyond ethics doing such things.

I will have your shell shipped before this week ends for sure, i have some shipments that goes outside Europe already packed and i am just waiting to finish packing the rest of those to just go once to the postal office (correos) as they don´t come here as UPS to pick the packets and i allways have to loose a big amount of time filling papers there and waiting the line ...
Thats one the delay reasons, the other one was that i asigned your shell low priority, cause i thought at the end you had a working cart and the hole was not our fault at all.

Anyways, my apologize if for some reason this PCEFx stuff came here, at the end of the day, its just a shell.

Alex,

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Yes,

And i am explaining open WHY, thats much more than others would do.

I understand that people loves to criticize, most of the times without a clue about what they are talking about.

Let me tell you that with other words : blame SNK for not ever consider they would do carts with front labels so they didnエt care to swap the logical order betwen horizontal and vertiral MVS boards. Or blame OMEGA manufactured to not produce a connector that would swap the direction on the connector so carts with front labels would be pointed on the same direction as horizontal MVS boards do.

Critics will allways criticize, customers deserve an explanation about WHY. We care about customers.

Thanks

Not to be an asshole but both the MVS and AES cart sit exactly in the same orientation in their respective cart slot. The bottom of the CHAR board faces the front of the console. Even if there wasn't a front sticker on MVS carts, they can only be inserted one way due to the offset off the PCB separator in the shell. On the MVS cart, one side has screws, the other side is clean and flat, even from a logical standpoint, why would you think the front of an MVS cart is the side with the screws? Do you flip over a phonograph player?

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
Not to be an asshole but both the MVS and AES cart sit exactly in the same orientation in their respective cart slot. The bottom of the CHAR board faces the front of the console. Even if there wasn't a front sticker on MVS carts, they can only be inserted one way due to the offset off the PCB separator in the shell. On the MVS cart, one side has screws, the other side is clean and flat, even from a logical standpoint, why would you think the front of an MVS cart is the side with the screws? Do you flip over a phonograph player?

Hello,

There are vertical and horizontal loading MVS boards, the orientation differs on those.

Thanks

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
This thing about the shell design was waiting to happen given how it is designed. With better planning in the design process it could have been avoided and a better solution designed. Given whats done is done there is no way to change it now easily. I guess a little leway can be given as I think its clear we understand that neosd would have been rushing to get something out as soon as possible and when something is rushed, unforseen issues and problems tend to pop up. Thankfully there is the saving grace that the shell can be opened and the PCB's reversed.

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
Surprising at the number of people here that have apparently no real experience with a drill. That was a careless person that drilled a hole starting in the back of the shell. They weren't planning on drilling all the way through. But they didn't let up on the pressure soon enough. Which caused the drill bit to "walk" on the front side of the shell from the inside hence the larger, irregular shaped hole underneath the label. But they stopped the drill just in time for the drill bit to make it's way through the shell and start into the label, twisting up the label in the process.

Who drilled the hole I can't say. All I can add to the convo is that it was someone that drilled from the back towards the front, was slightly careless with it, and tried to stop it before going all the way through but mostly failed at that.

Small parenthesis for bubba966:

I'm working in mechanics and manufacturing of industrial machinery, so I know what I 'm talking about, the hole was drilled from the front to the back.

But you're right when you say they weren't planning on drilling all the way through and they did not let up on the pressure soon enough.

Under the pressure ,the chuck jaws has hurted and nibbled the label and the shell front, heating plastic and stuffing the tip which enlarged the hole.
drillerc.jpg
No doubt , on the front it is clearly seen the direction of rotation of the drill and on the back we can see the burr popping out.
drillera.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Hello,

There are vertical and horizontal loading MVS boards, the orientation differs on those.

Thanks

There is no difference. If you lay the riser boards flat, they are still in the same orientation. Instead of making excuses, I hope you plan to fix the problem. I'm sure those who paid for this aren't happy with the item they are receiving. It's hard to fully enjoy a product when something is completely wrong with the design of it to the eye.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
There is no difference. If you lay the riser boards flat, they are still in the same orientation. Instead of making excuses, I hope you plan to fix the problem. I'm sure those who paid for this aren't happy with the item they are receiving. It's hard to fully enjoy a product when something is completely wrong with the design of it to the eye.

I don't get it (sorry I have not a shell yet, so I may be wrong) but in an horizontal MV-1 the label will be visible, while in an MV1C will face backwards...sounds NeoSD picked the most common board type (at least fro them) and built the shell thinking of it?

Anyway, I think there is a reason for which SNK used the MVS labels without sides, and it was to recognize the titles despite having different board models ... I still don't get why using an AES Shell for MVS though...is it the same mold for AES?

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Small parenthesis for bubba966:

I'm working in mechanics and manufacturing of industrial machinery, so I know what I 'm talking about, the hole was drilled from the front to the back.

But you're right when you say they weren't planning on drilling all the way through and they did not let up on the pressure soon enough.

Under the pressure ,the chuck jaws has hurted and nibbled the label and the shell front, heating plastic and stuffing the tip which enlarged the hole.
View attachment 43537
No doubt , on the front it is clearly seen the direction of rotation of the drill and on the back we can see the burr popping out.
View attachment 43538

I agree 100%, also, I still think we are talking about two different attempts using different tips (I initially thought it started from the back, but then realized a few things)... the spindle lock may have impacted the label area, as you can see plastic has been "burned" around the hole (no way it could have happened drilling from behind)

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Yeah, I don't get people kicking off about the label. If you stand the cart next to an existing MVS cart - is the game title label the same way up (ie. the label on the side - the label were are all used to?), or does it not have an end label?

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Yeah, I don't get people kicking off about the label. If you stand the cart next to an existing MVS cart - is the game title label the same way up (ie. the label on the side - the label were are all used to?), or does it not have an end label?

Can you please rephrase? (please bear with me, English is not my first language!)

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Can you please rephrase? (please bear with me, English is not my first language!)

MVS carts have the label on the side - which we are all familiar with. If you stand the Neo SD cart next to an original SNK cart - with the direction triangles both facing the same way, what does the edge label look like - is it the correct orientation or not - ie. is the text the correct way up, or does it appear upside down?

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
MVS carts have the label on the side - which we are all familiar with. If you stand the Neo SD cart next to an original SNK cart - with the direction triangles both facing the same way, what does the edge label look like - is it the correct orientation or not - ie. is the text the correct way up, or does it appear upside down?

Oh I see, you say "side" I call it "top"..gotcha. As said I have no shell, but my understanding is that the label will go down on the opposite side of the arrow.

nio

Cheng's Errand Boy
you can change the oriwntstion of the cart inside the shell. it will fit perfect

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I'm not sure that is the best way to speak to someone like James given he has far more NeoGeo experiance than you.

Edit... glad you see you edited your post neosd, your comments to James were quite uncalled for.

Last edited:

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
It seems to me that people need to calm down and chill! Since the shell can be fitted either way it really isn't the end of the world.

I am fully expecting people to be complaining about the colour of the plastic not being black enough next, or maybe that the plastic used was not coated in denatonium benzoate and their kids are trying to eat the MVS cart as a result. :lolz:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
This is NG.com... drama is a way of life....

It's important for people to realise how things are handled around here... I could micro-manage the thread like i did in the past... but no one learns anything from that...

Drama level is sorta low atm.... people need to learn for themselves how to handle stuff...

xROTx

PS. I've seen worse... much worse.... this is sorta tame so far...

EDIT: Wake me up when it becomes a Plane Ticket affair....

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I'm not sure that is the best way to speak to someone like James given he has far more NeoGeo experiance than you.

I see the different points of view here - tbh, my gut feeling when I keep reading these posts about the label is "do people not have anything better to complain about?" - but, I do get it, I do see that some people are frustrated on both sides - but it's a really minor thing. As said earlier - the "default" orientation was for the more common boards. The boards can be flipped so it's not a big deal. James was letting off steam, and Neo SD are bound to react. They've clearly calmed down now and I would recommend that everyone else do the same. Someone is going to end up having a heart attack at this rate lol.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I see the different points of view here - tbh, my gut feeling when I keep reading these posts about the label is "do people not have anything better to complain about?" - but, I do get it, I do see that some people are frustrated on both sides - but it's a really minor thing. As said earlier - the "default" orientation was for the more common boards. The boards can be flipped so it's not a big deal. James was letting off steam, and Neo SD are bound to react. They've clearly calmed down now and I would recommend that everyone else do the same. Someone is going to end up having a heart attack at this rate lol.

Yea, I see both sides also. It is minor. When neosd gets around to sending me the final MVS NeoSD version I'll be able to complete my review of the NeoSD (including the shell). Not sure how long neosd is going still to take before sendning it given its been three months already, but hopefully it will be soon.

Last edited:

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Are the MVS shells done? I haven't seen any pics of those?

lions3

Igniz's Servent

I think the thing is that many consolized MVS systems are vertical. I myself use a MV2F. While most of the forum is familiar with the CMVS systems James builds from a MV1C. So in both cases, to us, the NEOSD would have to be inserted backwards. Label to the back. Yes there's the work around of opening the case and flipping the pcbs. Very doable. It's more of user expectation issue. Not the end of the world.

Also we need to remember that different MVS motherboards are more common in different regions. Isn't the MV1FZ much more prevalent in Europe? So I'm not surprised a Spanish company made a Cart case with the label so it would face up on their MVS system.

(Personally going to just cheat and buy one for my AES instead. lol)