MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
About shipping :

Next week we will add UPS Express shipping upgrade option to the website.
This is going to be avaliable ONLY for AES orders.
Upgrade will cost 20 euros and will be sold as an article alone, so everyone that has ordered AES in USA will be able to receive NEOSD 2-3 days after we have stock.

Will the same 20 Euro UPS shipping upgrade apply if you order a couple AES units? Or is it 20 Euro per unit ordered?

I plan to order an AES one either next week or the following week and another forum member who is local to me wanted to order one as well and we were going to combine our orders together.

So 2 AES flash carts = 20 Euro upgrade or 40?

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello

Can us Canadians use this UPS Express shipping as well? Will the delivery time be comparable?
Yes, same for Canada and Japan aswel

Will the same 20 Euro UPS shipping upgrade apply if you order a couple AES units? Or is it 20 Euro per unit ordered?

I plan to order an AES one either next week or the following week and another forum member who is local to me wanted to order one as well and we were going to combine our orders together.

So 2 AES flash carts = 20 Euro upgrade or 40?

20 euros per packet, not per unit

So yes, 2 AES flash carts = 20 Euro upgrade

Thanks

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello,

We have figured Metal Slug X protection, so its working without patching on last NeoSD firmware.

Now every single Neo Geo game works in NeoSD without patching.

This video shows unibios CRC check

Happy Christmas.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hello,

We have figured Metal Slug X protection, so its working without patching on last NeoSD firmware.

This video shows unibios CRC check

Happy Christmas.

T H A T . . . I S . . I M P R E S S I V E ! !

x R O T x

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
So, now there is a correctly decrypted rom for Metal Slug X? if so, will it be released and included in MAME?

neodev

Neosd Tech
So, now there is a correctly decrypted rom for Metal Slug X? if so, will it be released and included in MAME?

You don't need a new rom. The current one is fine, and there is no encryption.
Mslugx was failing the crc check because the protection checks were patched by the neosd in order to bypass it, but now it's emulated in hardware and the patches aren't needed anymore, so it passes the crc check now.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

Aha pal...

I'm gonna stop this now... The MS X that you can "find"... is the SAME one that people have been using for years... (SO NO need to release a new one...)

ALL thats happened... is that it is able to be played without patching the neosd firmware to overcome the encryption...

It's ALL happening now via the new firmware update... essentially... it now plays every game WITHOUT the need to be patched....

xROTx

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Aha pal...

I'm gonna stop this now... The MS X that you can "find"... is the SAME one that people have been using for years... (SO NO need to release a new one...)

ALL thats happened... is that it is able to be played without patching the neosd firmware to overcome the encryption...

It's ALL happening now via the new firmware update... essentially... it now plays every game WITHOUT the need to be patched....

xROTx

Oh, I totally misunderstood the meaning of this. Thanks Rot.

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
This is totally IMPRESSIVE and unexpected (well, not so much, we were aware of NeoSD team's power... ;)!!!

I'm glad to contribute testing this new firmware update and so I proudly confirm the good news. Thank you NeoSD team for this excellent work, again!

Same ROM, the only change is that now it's not automatically patched "on-the-fly" upon being flashed, thanks to the new firmware update. Just a simple experiment to clarify this: Try flashing Metal Slug X BEFORE firmware updating and run the UniBIOS CRC32 check, which will show ROM Region as 'NG' (= No Good). Next, apply the new firmware update and once finished load the previously flashed Metal Slug X with 'Launch current game' option. When performing the UniBIOS CRC check, it'll still fail the ROM Region with an 'NG', since this is the previously patched game. Then, flash again Metal Slug X. Now it'll completely pass the UniBIOS CRC check, giving 'OK' for all ROMs, as they are no longer patched. :-)

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
You don't need a new rom. The current one is fine, and there is no encryption.
Mslugx was failing the crc check because the protection checks were patched by the neosd in order to bypass it, but now it's emulated in hardware and the patches aren't needed anymore, so it passes the crc check now.
nice

very nice

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Nice one on Metal Slug X, don't forget there is still Super Bubble Pop that relies on a patch (thats not a SNK game though).

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Hope you don't mind me asking this here, but if I want to buy a NEOGEO just for this flashcard, what's my best option? I'm leaning towards Arcadeworks OMEGA console (their consoleized MVS), but what are my other options for something pre-built? Something that does RGB through scart is a must.

Can't wait to see this thing in action. MVS collecting just keeps getting more expensive, so hopefully this brings prices down a bit.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Xian Xi/Jamma Nation X also builds awesome CMVS units - you should check with him whether you are lucky and he isn't fully booked.

Xian Xi/Jamma Nation X also builds awesome CMVS units - you should check with him whether you are lucky and he isn't fully booked.

I got mine from him a couple of weeks ago. Works perfectly with my NeoSD and he is a really nice guy. Drop him a message :)

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Boo, looks like he's all sold out. It's another option at least. Appreciate the tip.
He makes them custom (and still it won't be necessarily more expansive than an omega). You will have to message him on here or via his website.

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
Hope you don't mind me asking this here, but if I want to buy a NEOGEO just for this flashcard, what's my best option? I'm leaning towards Arcadeworks OMEGA console (their consoleized MVS), but what are my other options for something pre-built? Something that does RGB through scart is a must.

Can't wait to see this thing in action. MVS collecting just keeps getting more expensive, so hopefully this brings prices down a bit.

I have the Omega (well 2 of them actually) and it is a work of art.
RGB SCART w/ stereo fully supported out of the box and looks factory made. Couldn't be happier with it.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
looks factory made. Couldn't be happier with it.

That's because they are factory-made (as opposed to home-made). Glad you enjoy them, I really liked mine before I sold it and fucking USPS lost/stole it. Fortunately they paid for it.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Damn my mak strike is dead and I'm still refurbishing the cab... can't try the card!!

I may need to buy a control box..

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
I have the Omega (well 2 of them actually) and it is a work of art.
RGB SCART w/ stereo fully supported out of the box and looks factory made. Couldn't be happier with it.

Completed listings on eBay show they sell for $750 (It's a net gain just to buy one), so build quality & price aren't an issue, I'm just worried about video quality. Is there any difference between an RGB scart setup through the Omega & running the same games through a supergun? Jamma-Nation hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
Completed listings on eBay show they sell for $750 (It's a net gain just to buy one), so build quality & price aren't an issue, I'm just worried about video quality. Is there any difference between an RGB scart setup through the Omega & running the same games through a supergun? Jamma-Nation hasn't gotten back to me yet.

No difference.
They both pull RGB straight from the board, there is no conversion involved.