MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
All this recent Twitter trolling issue is no more than a pure sample of what in Spain is well-known as:
---PORK ENVY (ENVIDIA COCHINA)---

For the average customer, it is very clear that NeoSD is a must-have, both for its quality and the outstanding constant support its creators are offering. So, congrats again and screw that discrediting attacks. ¡Anda y que les den morcilla! :angry:

nornor1

NEST Puppet
Yeah all the haters were either Not going to buy one anyway, or dont have to funds, and are butt hurt about it. Im not rich, I had to sell some gaming stuff to help me purchase the NeoSD, Im loving it so far. I cant wait for the new FW updates. there is always going to be haters. they talk shit to make themselves feel better they dont have want they cant get.

neofonta

Zero's Secretary
I'm not going to buy the NeoSD cartridge because I'd rather wait for Darksoft to release his.
Seeing all the work that Darksoft has done before gives me the confidence to think that his cartridge may be better than the NeoSD.

This does not mean that I can not recognize the merit of the team behind the NeoSD and seeing that the people who have already bought it are happy with it confirms my thoughts.

What I do not understand is the animadversion in the forum against Darksoft.
We have 2 companies making two gadgets for our beloved Neo Geo's, let's enjoy them.

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
I'm not going to buy the NeoSD cartridge because I'd rather wait for Darksoft to release his.
Seeing all the work that Darksoft has done before gives me the confidence to think that his cartridge may be better than the NeoSD.
This is out of place here. This thread is about NeoSD and not another product...

This does not mean that I can not recognize the merit of the team behind the NeoSD and seeing that the people who have already bought it are happy with it confirms my thoughts.

This completely contradicts what you just said... And Yes, this is a great product. I am very happy with mine. Besides, how would you be able to make any type of comparison when you haven't even purchased the product? Geez

This product is out and it is great. There is no point comparing it to something that has not been released yet!

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
The neo sd is perfect if you care about the quality of the performance instead of the presentation. Even then the NeoSd looks as if it will improve more as time passes. The NeoSd team obviously has made a product for the people, by the people. They didn't develop this thing for a cash grab, they developed it because like the rest of us here, they are passionate about the Neo Geo.

And I know this isn't a comparison thread, but you're not getting that kind of passion with any device being produced (if ever produced) anytime in the near future. NeoSD team OBVIOUSLY know EXACTLY what they are doing. If there was a faster way it would have been implemented.

The only thing kinda lacking in the NeoSD is the GUI, and the load times on a few games.That's it! I assume in future updates this product will rectify those solutions to some extent. WHEN they are important.

Last edited:

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member

We have 2 companies making two gadgets for our beloved Neo Geo's, let's enjoy them.
Thanks for the heads up

ban pls

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Seriously, is there still anybody thinking Darksoft is gonna release a Neo-Geo flashcart ever?

Only after he analyzes his new NeoSD card in awe and attemps to replicate it with enhancements.

Its not sounding like its very likely. From my understanding NeoSD is designed by a team of experienced engineers and programmers. I think darksofts crew is a 2 or 3 man show. Not sure of their experience, or credentials, but I feel like the NeoSD is a little over his head or his multi wpuld have been completed already. When I was following the forums there the possible design seemed to change weekly because it just wouldnt work right. I think if he had some more expertise it would have been laid out on paper near correct the first time.

Im not bashing the guy, he's done some decent work with his other multi carts, but the quality of their design and the possible design of his neo multi seem to be not quite on par with neosd.

He is catering to another crowd though. Peoplevwho want neo and want it now. They dont care that the games pass CRC checks. Where as the neosd caters to those who want accurate performance with solid compatibility.

Last edited:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member

LoL RIP your account tomorrow morning when rot reads this after his morning glass of scotch.

Got mine a couple of days ago (Best Coast), no tracking update, but signature required. Everything works so far. Load times are acceptable (less is always more). Thanks for doing something exceptional. Now, I'm just waiting for the shell so I can return my room into its wool carpeted glory.

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder

Seeing someone stumble and fumble and get things wrong and not actually commit to a design gives you confidence?

Silly sausage :keke:

nio

Cheng's Errand Boy
Everytime I read about complaints about the GUI I have to repeat: NeoSD has a GuI, a nice GUI, a perfect GUI.
- It has the option to auto load the last game without any interaction of the GUI if wanted!
- It has a lot of filters for ganes! (not fully working jet)
- It has a progress bar ...

I really like the GUI of the NeoSD a lot!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
LoL RIP your account tomorrow morning when rot reads this after his morning glass of scotch.

Nope... Just having my first cup of coffee tbh...

ANYWAY.... Neofonta... we've had enough issues with the subject in hand without people trying to compare a non-existent product...

You wanna wait for Darksofts stuff ... FINE... Neosd, his team and the forum are sick of hearing about how Darksoft will do it...

Darksoft has no confirmed fully working product (from the website... it seems like smoke, mirrors and bullshit atm), so, It's not important..

But the Neosd is important to the forum and the lads.....

xROTx

PS. War Room Lock... prob let you out on Xmas day.... think of it as my Xmas gift to you..

EDIT: JUST so everyone knows.... I am willing to discuss re-instating Darksoft and his whole team if they contact myself and I can set out rules that they can play by...

Can't say fairer than that... can I?

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
Everytime I read about complaints about the GUI I have to repeat: NeoSD has a GuI, a nice GUI, a perfect GUI.
- It has the option to auto load the last game without any interaction of the GUI if wanted!

Me too.
I say it's fine as it is (without the damn monkey...)

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I agree. It does what it's supposed to (and when the filters are fixed it will do an even better job), which is what matters. I just don't get people who think looks are more important than function - even if this is the Neo Geo.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Thanks to everyone for the great coments.

About the filters : GadgetUK and Sceptre_JLRB can tell you this has already been fixed weeks ago and improved aswel, now you can also hide hacks and so ....

We are just working in having a perfect firmware update so we can distribute this one to everyone.

This update will include flast loading aswel

Thanks

I agree. It does what it's supposed to (and when the filters are fixed it will do an even better job), which is what matters. I just don't get people who think looks are more important than function - even if this is the Neo Geo.

Last edited:
Dear neosd - please could you check your DMs?

Sent you a message about trying to order a cart, but am having trouble with the payment method you have on your site.

Best,

Simon

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello Simon,

Yes, neodev just forwared me your message some minutes ago, allow me to anwser you by email in some minutes please.

Thanks

EDIT : email sent

Dear neosd - please could you check your DMs?

Sent you a message about trying to order a cart, but am having trouble with the payment method you have on your site.

Best,

Simon

Last edited:

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Thanks to everyone for the great coments.

About the filters : GadgetUK and Sceptre_JLRB can tell you this has already been fixed weeks ago and improved aswel, now you can also hide hacks and so ....

We are just working in having a perfect firmware update so we can distribute this one to everyone.

This update will include flast loading aswel

Thanks

Yes, the new filters are great, and the load times for games are much better!!!

WNivek

Overtop Pathfinder
I've just received my NeoSD. Looking forward to trying it tonight.

edit: So far as I can tell, it appears to be working fine. :)

Last edited:

Niko

Whip's Subordinate

x3

I cant wrap my head around what people are expecting here? This multi has the nicest menu I've seen on any multicart ever.

neosd

Neosd Developer
x3

I cant wrap my head around what people are expecting here? This multi has the nicest menu I've seen on any multicart ever.

Everyting can be improved .We are going to add more functions to the GUI.

Now it comes my personal opinion about the GUI :

I dont like GUIs that end being a management application for the tons of menus and submenus you have there. I preffer something simple and effective, something to launch games, this is the goal of the gui at all, not being a game itself. I know others have different taste, i understand that.

But this is my point. We allways listen to everyone and we try to improve things as much as possible, some changes have already been done on the GUI and others are comming aswel.

Thanks

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Everyting can be improved .We are going to add more functions to the GUI.

Now it comes my personal opinion about the GUI :

I dont like GUIs that end being a management application for the tons of menus and submenus you have there. I preffer something simple and effective, something to launch games, this is the goal of the gui at all, not being a game itself. I know others have different taste, i understand that.

But this is my point. We allways listen to everyone and we try to improve things as much as possible, some changes have already been done on the GUI and others are comming aswel.

Thanks

I personally am very happy with the GUI. I prefer it simple too

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
I was wondering about this for a while....could the card be turned into "headless"?

I guess an hardcore fan who play one game at time for weeks would have been fine using a PC to tell the card which SD file to flash (USB-to-serial?), so no need for any menu at all ...I understand the user experience would be "different" but I personally like more the idea of not using the cabinet with a "foreign" GUI to play...like a devel kit.

I completely agree, any kind of feature reach frontend shoudl be a separate app/game.. as a matter of taste, i.e. the SuperEverdrive interface for me is perfectly fine and UNIX CLI looks good.