MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Black_Tiger

Kuroko's Training Dummy
The general idea of that label design could be alright if it's going to be printed on shiny metallic sticker paper and the white will just be clear.

But "MVS" should still be dropped, the "Multi Video System" band would need to be darker (black?) and the Metal Slug silhouette should be behind the bottom horizontal lines. Maybe if those lines were also black?

Even if it's not going to be printed on metallic paper, I think that a new color probably needs to be introduced to make it work.

Trying to fit the NeoSD logo inside the Metal Slug profile compromises it as the main product title and makes it feel like a minor detail.

Replacing the Metal Slug pic with something that works with a prominent NeoSD logo right across would probably be the best fix.

You of all people should do one. You're a graphic designer for crying out loud! :P

It is impossible to please the entire Neo Geo crowd :) - it has to please NeoSD because it is his/their product. In fact when I do graphic design work for a client I refuse to deal with many people, but just one. Ideally you give him/her 3-5 designs to choose from and then move on from there.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
It looks great, IMHO! Specially considering the final shell will be black. I'd only add the original metal silver NeoSD logo, as a major sign of identity. :)

Your right, I forgot the final shell is black and not white. I still not keen on the design though, for example I more see the NeoSD text should be more like the graphic in neosd's sig.

Jontox

Quiz Detective
Just my 2 cents, your designer could have a look at some official AES cartridge labels pictures (as the shell is from the aes model) and identify common details that make them feel Neogeo genuine.

Then, he could try to insert them in your current proposal and gather some additional feedback

http://www.neostore.com/category-s/3.htm?searching=Y&sort=7&cat=3&show=12&page=1

Hello everyone,

What you guys think about this label design ?
Designer wants feedback.

View attachment 40729

Thanks !!

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Just a quick update on the n00b registrations...

There's a lot of them still.... I'd appreciate if some of you guys would join in the fun... I mean... why join and say nothing?

xROTx

EDIT: I am considering maybe... an extra... more tech minded guy to look after you guys...

I am NOT a geeky/nerdy Techhead... I handle other stuffs... SO, sometimes, I can come across as aggressive and not to everyones tastes... Jeff is usually very VERY busy and so I am considering asking Raz to help Jeff oversee such stuff in future...

He can talk your language... and well... he's prob more level headed than me concerning geeky stuff I don't understand..

manic23

n00b
Aggghhh dilemma!! My dad has very kindly said that he will get me this neosd for Christmas. I am to give it to him to wrap when it turns up. This is good as I effectively get it for free, but it means I can't play with it till Dec 25th!!! Torture!!! lol

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Aggghhh dilemma!! My dad has very kindly said that he will get me this neosd for Christmas. I am to give it to him to wrap when it turns up. This is good as I effectively get it for free, but it means I can't play with it till Dec 25th!!! Torture!!! lol

Who's to say when it arrives? Maybe it only gets to you on December 23rd ;)

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I'm not a big fan of the label design to be honest. I agree that it's not formatted correctly for the top of the cart. It's going to be really hard to please everyone to be honest so bear that in mind :).

Just a thought...why not offer two options if its not too much hassle? A "Classic" design for the purists, and something like you're doing now as the 2nd option. I understand this may be extra work you don't need but I think it would definitely appeal to "more" people.

Great work by the way on getting the first shipment out. I'll be looking to make an order in the New Year :D

Last edited:

nornor1

NEST Puppet
Only way to please everyone would be to create one of those Hologram stickers, that when you tilt them they have like 3 or 4 frames of animation on them. have 3 or 4 designs in one :).

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Pat the NES Punk did a quick video about it, for those who are interested.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member

That could have been worse. Not too much misinformation. I stopped listening to their podcast because they talked too much about movies and comics, and they opened their presents from fans on the show. I can't imagine most of their fans care about this information.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

I follow Pat's podcast as well, and was suprised that he mentioned that he had acquired an mvs in addition to the aes unit he already picked up at a flea market a little while ago. It will be interesting to see just how many new fans and collectors the neosd cart brings into the neo hobby. I am assuming that consolized units will receive a good bump until the aes version of the neosd is released.

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
Received my NeoSD! :buttrock:

What to say... I endorse every world in Razoola's review. It works perfect. Games display, sound, play & behave EXACTLY as original cartridges. I'll continue playing and making tests. Anyway, now there is no doubt: It's not a sham, it's real.

Thank you so much & congratulations to NeoSD team for their excellent work and for making the dream comes true. :)

The Future Is Now!!!

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Received my NeoSD! :buttrock:

What to say... I endorse each world in Razoola's review. It works perfect. Games display, sound, play & behave EXACTLY as original cartridges. I'll continue playing and making tests. Anyway, now there is no doubt: It's not a sham, it's real.

Thank you so much & congratulations to NeoSD team for their excellent work and for making the dream comes true. :)

The Future Is Now!!!

That's nice to hear... for one minute there... I thought this was the best scam in NG.com history...

PHEW... DavidG is still numero uno...

xROTx

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
Here are some pics: ;)

* Unboxing:
Unboxing - 20161124_160603.jpg

* NeoSD in my consolized Neo-Geo MVS MV-1F:
MVS - 20161124_161252-.jpg

* NeoSD UI:
NeoSD Menu - 20161124_161319.jpg

* A standard game (Rage of the Dragons) with Razoola's UniBIOS 3.2:
ROTD & UniBIOS - 20161124_162645-.jpg

* Neo no Panepon (homebrew game, 'handmade' .neo file):
Neo no Panepon - 20161124_163004-.jpg

* Treasure of the Caribbean (prototype game, 'handmade' .neo file):
Treasure of the Caribbean - 20161124_163549.jpg

Last edited:

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
Thanks, Raz!

BTW, KOF2003 loading time (total, erasing+flashing): 4' 10'' (lesser than expected!). The pseudo-transparency effects in life-bars are present, as expected. I hadn't even noticed them never before when using MAME or the 161-in-1 multicart...

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Your sdcard is probably a little faster than the brand I use.