MVS-4 : Vertical line issue on all 4 slot

thavarin

n00b
Hello everyone.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I have a MVS-4 slot board and recently after not playing my cab for a few months there are vertical lines running through the screen on all four slots. These lines don't show up on the service cross hair screen.

What I have done so far is replace the top board, clean cartridge, clean slots, and check board for any battery damages.

Any ideas on what I can check and any recommendation of any board repair places?pic.png

Last edited:

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Hello everyone.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I have a MVS-4 slot board and recently after not playing my cab for a few months there are vertical lines running through the screen on all four slots. These lines don't show up on the service cross hair screen.

What I have done so far is replace the top board, clean cartridge, clean slots, and check board for any battery damages.

Any ideas on what I can check and any recommendation of any board repair places?

When you say its happens "on all four slots". I'm assuming you tried different games correct?

thavarin

n00b
When you say its happens "on all four slots". I'm assuming you tried different games correct?

Yes that would be correct, tried several different carts in different slots. Swapped the top board with another spare I had also and saw the same issue so I'm wondering if I have a bad trace or chip somewhere.

ps. Kentucky! not very far from here. :) We're like neighbors.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Yes that would be correct, tried several different carts in different slots. Swapped the top board with another spare I had also and saw the same issue so I'm wondering if I have a bad trace or chip somewhere.

ps. Kentucky! not very far from here. :) We're like neighbors.

Hah, yea Louisville here. I'm really close.

Since you tried multiple games, a different top board, and it doesnt happen on the test screen. My guess would be an issue with the NEO-257 or maybe the PRO-CT0. Whether that be a bad trace or the IC itself.

Maybe wait for one of the more experienced guys to give their input, but its probably easiest to just replace the board.

EDIT: Have you verified the voltages at the MVS edge?

EDIT2: Does it look like this?

800px-S_D_0.png

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Remove the battery and check for trace damage under it.

thavarin

n00b
Thanks guys for the quick response.

I didnt check the voltage yet on the MVS edge? Where is this located and what volt should I read?Also updated pic of my issue. I just got my 161 in 1 and the menus have no vertical line.

Xian - thanks for the idea! I will check that next.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Thanks guys for the quick response.

I didnt check the voltage yet on the MVS edge? Where is this located and what volt should I read?Also updated pic of my issue. I just got my 161 in 1 and the menus have no vertical line.

Xian - thanks for the idea! I will check that next.

After seeing the pic I dont think it would be an issue caused by voltage. Also it seems like its not affecting the fix layer which I think is why the 161 in 1 menu doesn't have the issue.

I'd do what XX said and check under the battery. .

thavarin

n00b
Well, got a bad battery and possibly bad traces.

Perfect timing. Just when I got my 161 in 1. Channel maniac isn't taking anymore work. Can anyone recommend any place to send my board off?

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Bummer, how many traces where affected? Can you take a picture?

thavarin

n00b
I can when I get back from CA :) Flying out soon to get away from IN and horrible snow for week. Since you are on this topic - are there any meetups around the midwest area?

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Ahh lucky you! As far as meetups, not that I'm aware of.