MVS 120 in 1 Graphics Glitches

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Hey, I'm having some issues with a 120 in 1 multi cart. All the games have graphical glitches.

I think I had this issue before and I don't remember what fixed it. I wanna say I just power cycled or reinserted the cart.

Legit carts work fine in my 2 slot.

I've cleaned the contacts with a pink pencil eraser and looked the boards over, but nothing jumped out at me.

Any help would be appreciated!

1.jpg2.jpg

supersega

Mr. Big's Thug
Hey, I'm having some issues with a 120 in 1 multi cart. All the games have graphical glitches.

I think I had this issue before and I don't remember what fixed it. I wanna say I just power cycled or reinserted the cart.

Legit carts work fine in my 2 slot.

I've cleaned the contacts with a pink pencil eraser and looked the boards over, but nothing jumped out at me.

Any help would be appreciated!

View attachment 29828View attachment 29829

ROM gone bad possibly? Does it work with other carts? But also, they're putting 120 games on a cart that was only meant for one so the console might not like it. Also maybe check any microfuses under a microscope to see if they got jammed and broke? Its more common than you think.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's a lower address line issue or the C roms. Either a bad connection or whatever they have handing the addressing isn't working properly, maybe bad soldering.

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict
It's a lower address line issue or the C roms. Either a bad connection or whatever they have handing the addressing isn't working properly, maybe bad soldering.

This. I can't tell you how many boots or multicarts I've seen that have awful soldering. Bridged IC legs, as far as the eye can see.

You could try reflowing chip legs and checking other solder joints. That's the trouble with those multicarts, they're always hit or miss. The "workmanship" varies day to day.

Hopefully you get it working!

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Yes, I've seen problems like this on the 120 in 1, and the 138 in 1. For me (in both cases) it was bad solder points on the large square CPLD chips. Don't attempt to resolder them without some good flux, amtech or chipquik (not solder) flux. Without good flux you will end up joining all the pins up.

SmokeMonster

Morden's Lackey
I bought a Shock Troopers boot that had graphical and audio glitches and it ended up being bridged pins on one of the chips. Here is the procedure to fix it:
I've also used this method to clear bridged pins on an STV slave-CPU that was testing bad.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Thanks for the help. I've reflowed every bit of solder on every joint and leg but still the same.

Looks like it might be junked. Worked fine for months till recently.

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict
I have a reflow station at work. I could reflow the entire board and check it out if you'd like. Worst case is the game still doesn't work :lolz:

supersega

Mr. Big's Thug
I have a reflow station at work. I could reflow the entire board and check it out if you'd like. Worst case is the game still doesn't work :lolz:

Or he can just throw it in the oven on some tin foil at 380-385F for 5-8 minutes ;). Also, I like that car on your profile pic. Is it yours?