MVC1 CPS2 graphical issues

Kaike

Geese's Thug
I have a cps2 copy of MVC that has lines in the BG. I thought it was the A board but I have tried 2 of them with the same issues. BTW this only happened like a week ago before that there were no lines.

Any ideas what could be wrong. When I press the boards tighter it slightly helps but does not go away.image.jpg

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Post more pictures.

Esp. in demo and in game play.

---

btw, battery or phoenix.

Scanlines

n00b
Try pressing all the roms in properly on your MVC board, also check the soldiering on the back side of the connectors that mate with the pins.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Make sure the roms are in good. Also you can try connecting the B board without the shell and see if the problem goes away. If it's still there you should be able to rule out a connection problem from B to A. Unless your connector went bad all of a sudden.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Check for bent pins on the A or B board. It's different depending on the region.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Since both "A" boards sound ok, it looks like some graphics data is not making it to the "A" board, for whatever reason.

Like said above: Open the case: Inspect the battery section, And inspect the graphics roms at the back of the board.

Look for anything out of the ordinary. If you can't find anything unusual, then find a either a buddy with a programmer or a buddy with another MvC board and test your graphics roms. See if they all check out ok.

And take a good look at those board connectors. Make sure they look pretty clean. The ones you really want to focus on are the two at the back of the board.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Had a similar problem on an XvsSF board. A bent pin ended up being the problem.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Had a similar problem on an XvsSF board. A bent pin ended up being the problem.

I find a lot of problems with my CPS2 games and graphics comes down to bent pins. Always the best place to start with CPS2 problems I think.