MvC 2 NAOMI - All factory repaired?

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Greetings,

I had Marvel v Capcom 2 for NAOMI before and when I sold it; I sold as "repaired".

There was a jumper wire on the underside with some globs of hot glue - didn't look factory.

I was just looking through some google images and saw another that had a repair at the same spot, but a blue wire (mine was white) and wired from a different angle. So out of curiosity went and looked a couple more including this one on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Vs-Capcom-2-cartrige-arcade-Naomi-/161794700155?hash=item25abb7337b

Also repaired in the same spot, but this time with a green wire.

So...are ALL MvC2 NAOMI carts factory repaired like this? Is it odd that they didn't repair them the same (ie, same orientation, same placement of hot glue, same color wire)?

I know some items come factory repaired - but generally they are all done exactly the same and it is pretty obvious it's factory. The Taito F3 motherboards come to mind.

What else is factory repaired but may routinely look like a home-job?

WupWuh

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I have 2 of these carts and they both have the wire / hot glue combo on the bottom. I'm pretty sure they are both green wires, but I'll take another look and get back to you.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Your board - including chip layout is completely different than mine. Does yours have a revision number / letter on it? Maybe all originals have the fix and all produced 2nd / 3rd run don't need it but are given a different revision?

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I sold it a while back, but I'm fairly certain mine had the wire as well. Pretty sure it was "factory."

WilalvesBR

NEST Puppet
Your board - including chip layout is completely different than mine. Does yours have a revision number / letter on it? Maybe all originals have the fix and all produced 2nd / 3rd run don't need it but are given a different revision?

The factory repaired version have a serial number starting with "BBGG" while mine have a serial number starting with "BBGE".

XeD

Super Sidekicks 2
I just pick one up and mine has the green wire. Good To know this is somewhat the norm as I thought it might be a boot.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I have a MvC2 that has "BBGE" with the green wire present. I got it from GFront about a year and a half ago.

Last edited:

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
The factory repaired version have a serial number starting with "BBGG" while mine have a serial number starting with "BBGE".

I have a BBGE / -02 MvC2 naomi cart.

Label looks just like the one up above.

It has a green wire. :D

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
BBGE
841-0007C-02
With green wire.

Last edited:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Interesting....I'll have a look at my cart when I get home tonight.