mv2f problems help is welcome

fremen

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hi guys,

I'm doing a cmvs with a mv2f, I've followed the XX tutorial from Jamma Nation X and I have some problems.

For clarifications, the XX's tutorial is completely right

Everything work ok except the game, no sound no picture, I can see the cross screen without game and the bios screen when I insert the cart but it is all. For clarifications, the board recognizes the game (in the menu).

I've used this power supply
http://www.ebay.es/itm/140718635432?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It supplies 5v 8A, I think that is enough to feed the board.

I read somewhere that the cable section is crucial, I've used thin wire, could it be the problem??

Thank you very much in advance

Saludos

Last edited:

Wereroku

n00b
Do you have your hard dips set right? Do all but number 7 to up position and that should put you in freeplay. Mine was doing odd things when I did not have the dips set right.

fremen

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hi,

Do you have your hard dips set right? Do all but number 7 to up position and that should put you in freeplay. Mine was doing odd things when I did not have the dips set right.

Thanks for the suggestion, I revised them and the number 8 was on (I'm stupid), now the game works but the sound comes and goes, this is Ok in the headphones.

Saludos

mjs256

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
It is a very good sign that the sound works through the headphones. I would guess that it is either a problem with the volume control slider or the capacitors. Try cleaning the slider. If that does not work then slide it to minimum volume and put resistor of about 500 Ohms in parallel with it as a test to see if that improves the cutting in/out of the sound. If that does not work then replace the capacitors making sure to get the +/- correct.

On the other hand, if you are consolizing it then you would probably be better off getting the sound from the headphone jack anyway, so does it really matter if the speaker output cuts in and out?

fremen

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hi,

It is a very good sign that the sound works through the headphones. I would guess that it is either a problem with the volume control slider or the capacitors. Try cleaning the slider. If that does not work then slide it to minimum volume and put resistor of about 500 Ohms in parallel with it as a test to see if that improves the cutting in/out of the sound. If that does not work then replace the capacitors making sure to get the +/- correct.

On the other hand, if you are consolizing it then you would probably be better off getting the sound from the headphone jack anyway, so does it really matter if the speaker output cuts in and out?

Thanks msj256, I soldered the sound directly to the headphone jack as you suggested and the problem dissapear, in the XX's tutorial also said this, if you have problem with the A/B place, try with C/D (headphone jack).

Thanks again

Saludos

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Make sure you edit the first post because the way it's worded sounds like the tutorial is wrong.

fremen

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hi XX,

I'm really sorry it was not my intention to create a misunderstanding, the tutorial is right, the problems were due to my clumsiness.
I'll edit the first post to clarify the issue.

Saludos

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
I've found that cleaning/replacing the sliders corrects intermittent sound issues most of the times. It's why I keep a couple of parts boards around. Those things are problematic.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Hi XX,

I'm really sorry it was not my intention to create a misunderstanding, the tutorial is right, the problems were due to my clumsiness.
I'll edit the first post to clarify the issue.

Saludos

It's fine dude, no problems. It just happens a lot when people don't read all the way through the tutorial. ;)