MV1C issue: need help

Fulkelmis

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hi folks,

my 1st post to this forum. I have already done a consolized MVS with a MV1C mobo + unibios + stereo sound + VGA out + scan line. Works perfect. 17 games shockboxed + 2 arcade sticks + 2 neogeo CD pads later, I am doing a 2nd one, received 6 months ago, tested ok (video at least).
I have started today consolizing the 2nd: (3,4,C,D) on +5v, (1,2,14,27,28,A,B,E,F) on ground. 12 for red, 13 for blue, N green, P sync. Tested with my vga card: nothing. Tried the stereo sound hack: no sound (and no more video). Inverted the fuse with my working one, nothing more.
Any idea?

Then, I have played a little KOF98 with the consolized one, enclosure opened. No pb. After closing the enclosure (which pressure a little bit on the neomasta + bios), nothing special. A couple of hours later, I wanted to play a little Metal Slug. Then I have at start a "porridge of pixels" (bleu, green, red, ...), even when I have no game in it. After opening the enclosure, I have seen that the neobios masta seems a little bit unplugged. After set in place, still a "porridge of pixels". Exchanged with an older unibios, double checked mobo + voltage, nothing more.

What a f*****g weekend :-(

Can it be related to the bios installation? Any other ideas?

Thx in advance.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Make sure the NBM is snapped onto the CPU very good and sitting flat. I usually add a bit of hot glue once I verify it works correctly. Its mostly for shipping precautions.

Fulkelmis

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Thx. I have found the problem for the consolized mono: one of the wire connected to the NBM was disconnected.... but only visible with a magnifying glass. Everything OK by now after soldering it again.

For the 2nd one, I finally get a video output (how? I don't know). But impossible to get sound by taping the sound directly from the chip. Any smart idea?
Thx

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Was the 2nd board's sound working before? The MV1C has a chip called the YSA2 that fails often but usually on the controller input side. You might have a bad 9480, that is the small 8 pin DAC IC that you pull the audio from.

Fulkelmis

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Never tried the sound on that mobo. Plus, on my other MV1C, I have never connected the +12V, so I can't test it this way.
if it is the case, any way to solve it? By replacing the 9480?
Thx.