mv1-1 repair help

scamatics

n00b
i load it up and whatever game i put in it shows a scambled image at first then say work ram and just stays there, so it would apprear to be fact that the ram chips are not up to par, looking for suggestions and mayeb ram chip locations, it looks like there is only 1 chip on the board that is removable, but anyhow, someone needs to load me up with info

thanks

jeff

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Turn off the DIP switches on the mainboard (they're all on right now).

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
If the dip switches aren't it then the ram you need to replace is one of the surface mount 256k SRAMs... they can be labeled 62256 or 43256 on the board and can be one of many different part numbers like "CXK58257AM-12L" They are basically a 256k x 8 bit SOIC packaged SRAM chip.

It's possible to replace them, but it's really best left to someone with a real surface mount solder station as it is real easy to booger up the board.

RJ

scamatics

n00b
ok new update

ok, so i flick on test mode onstead of having them all on, and it came up, what i see from the dip settings, dip 8 switch does not work, which it labels stop mode, what is stop mode?, im going to switch out the dip board with a new piece tommorrow and i will let you know of my success, also i can go into the settings for the game in the slot, so at least i got some good news... so i hope,

what is the purpose of the stop mode dip? i dont see a need, maybe im just newb

Adamaki

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
scamatics said:
ok, so i flick on test mode onstead of having them all on, and it came up, what i see from the dip settings, dip 8 switch does not work, which it labels stop mode, what is stop mode?, im going to switch out the dip board with a new piece tommorrow and i will let you know of my success, also i can go into the settings for the game in the slot, so at least i got some good news... so i hope,

what is the purpose of the stop mode dip? i dont see a need, maybe im just newb

So you can pause the game during play and go for a pee...

scamatics

n00b
another question

im starting to think the dip isnt the problem, i havnt switched it out yet, but is there a way to short just dip 8 to be always off, just like totally cut it out of the equation