MV-4F - dots in sprite/background layers only on right side of screen

The Webmiester

Pvt. Picklestein,
Hi all,

Wow I haven't posted here in a long time. Anyway, I have an MV-4F I got on eBay untested. It's mostly working except for the dots in the sprite/background layers, but only on the right side.

I have a multiple top boards so I'm sure it's a problem on the bottom board. Reading around, I got some info to look for a break in comms between PRO-B0, PRO-C0 and LSPC-A0, but all seem to be accounted for. I reflowed solder for those chips as well.

Could one of these chips be bad? Which one would it be likely to be? Any other ideas?

Attachments

• PXL_20240213_212356302.jpg
    PXL_20240213_212356302.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 12

maki

Edo Express Delivery Guy
try the DIAG BIOS

also, the MV-4F has the newer chipset, not the first one

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
You have to examine that board and look for any corrosion on chips.If you spot any corrosion,reflow the chip.
BB

The Webmiester

Pvt. Picklestein,
You have to examine that board and look for any corrosion on chips.If you spot any corrosion,reflow the chip.
BB
As I said in my original post I inspected and reflowed all three chips in question, sadly didn't help. I replaced the PRO-B0 chip with one from another board, which did fix the graphics faults but now I'm getting Z80 fault, and I actually noticed a physical crack in the replacement PRO-B0. So I ordered a couple on eBay, hopefully they are real and work lol.