MV-1B MVS help needed desperately...

Angry Foo

n00b
Sorry for the panic, but I am lost. I have a hyper Neo 64 motherboard hooked up to a supergun from MAS Systems. It works fine and I have had no problems. A day ago, I had received a used MV-1B MVS 1-slot I had purchased on Ebay. The games run fine on it, but I have no control now. The joystick on my controller sends no signal, and the buttons send joystick signals. For example, when I hit the A button, it gives me a joystick "up" signal (the character jumps in fighting games). I assumed it would be like the Hyper motherboard, just plug in the large JAMMA cable and play. But I cannot get my controllers to work with this MV-1B motherboard. Is there something I need to do with the 8 switches by the DIP switch? Do I need to plug in the 8-pin connector??? Also , does this sound like a problem with the motherboard? I want to leave him good feedback, but I am not sure if something is not working on this 1-slot...

Any answers, suggestions, ideas, or theories would be greatly appreciated....

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
I'm not sure how to help you, but I would recommend posting this in the Tech Support forum, there are plenty of people who could diagnose your problem.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Sounds like you have an Iritating Maze board...the bios is meant specifically for that one game (the controls are mapped for a trackball) the only way to use regular games on it is to replace the bios.

Angry Foo

n00b
Thank you Rev...
Somebody else just suggested that, but the seller assured me it played with his other games. Maybe this guy is trying to get one over on me. I will need to look into this more. If anyone has any other suggestions, I would be grateful...

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Well I own an Iritating Maze board and can tell you that what you describe is exactly what happens with my set-up. So either the seller didn't actually test the controls or he is trying to pull one on you.