MV-1A CONSOLIZE

mord

n00b
I have a mv-1a board that id like to consolize.
I read few guides but they don't fully explain this board though.

I have a jamma harness, but have read I need to connect to more than 1 pin for power???
I want to run it on 5v.

I also wish to use a 5v video encoder, do I just connect this to the same pin that I solder the power to or is there a points on the board to solder too for +5v power and R,G,B & sync?.

If I don't wish to use the harness are there points on the board that I can solder the plug/switch too, if I try and keep it a clean setup.

now audio, I read that if I use the harness it can blow tv speakers or something. id like to have a separate left/right rca plug for audio but have no idea where to solder on the board.

I think the controller ports are ok. just solder the coin on jamma connector to the select pin on port?? Is the points on the board to solder to for p1/p2 ports.

I can solder ect but just cant find any pics ect on where to solder on this model board.

I hope someone out there can help lol!!

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
First of all you will want to check out http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/tutorials.html. They have how to do the 5 volt, stereo, and battery replacement mod for the MV1A as well as many different other MVS PCB's. To get 5 volts for the encoder you can just pull that anywhere that supplies 5 volts. You can find that with a volt meter. As for where to solder for the controls I have a diagram I made and have included it below. I don't have where to tap the RGB points other than the jamma edge so you will have to find those with a voltmeter yourself. Lastly I wouldn't even bother with the coin buttons. If you are going to consolize a Neo-Geo I strongly recommend purchasing a unibios. It gives you a lot more options and makes it so you can insert coins from the controller. Razoola is super awesome to deal with and ships those things out hella fast, its well worth the money. They can be purchased from his website found here http://unibios.free.fr/.

Last edited:

mord

n00b
ye soz I do have a unibios 3.1 installed lol forgot!
on jamma nation x does the 5v mod for mv1a make the audio safe for tv too??
and with the audio im not sure on making the circuit part lol. is there another way/thing to do for audio??