Must read: Street Fighter PS2/ Xbox joystick buyers warning!

Sky_R

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I recently just sent in a review to EB about this particular joystick(Street Fighter Arcade Cabinet Joystick) and I have some mixed emotions about the stick when I purchased it. It's a great stick but I think NUBY TECH may have over looked thorough assembly on this product.

Heres my review I wrote for it to be submitted into EB. It should be up on the EB site in a few days. (Hopefully)

Review:

A wonderful joystick. Has great movement and button feedback. However, I had to swap one out before because the up button direction didnt work. Later on I took it back to EB and swapped it out for another copy. I get home plug it in everything works great EXCEPT for the "A" button. So I unscrew the joystick and take a look inside to find out that the wire plug that was susposed to be connected to the A button wasnt connected at all! I tried placing the wire on and it just kept sliding off. So I turned it around and plugged it back up to the button and it clicked in place.

Everything worked fine after that. My point being is- There have been a few reviews about defective nuby sticks and even finding a workers razor inside the cabinet! And it brings me to the conclusion that Nuby might be rushing there product production too soon and over looking the proper precautions for assembly.

If you know a little bit about joysticks (Or even nothing at all) and you are brave enough: open it up and make sure everything is plugged in and working right.

Then I encourage you to take a look inside and see if all of the plugs under the buttons and stick are connected properly.

If everything is connected and you still don't get a proper feedback take it back to eb to have it swapped out. That was probably what the problem was with my first stick that the wires needed to be properly plugged in.

Customers pay high quality dollars for a high quality product. Please nuby, next time you decide to offer a high quality product please be sure to take proper and thorough assembly precautions! Customers: buy this product with caution and be prepared to swap it for another stick if necessary or maybe you'll even have to make sure the stick is hooked up properly yourself to save yourself another trip to EB.

(Sorry for the bad spacing I just copied and pasted this from the review I wrote on EB)

Heres the link where you can read and review the product:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/246238.asp

(haha, but you guys probably already knew about this link. Oh well, just trying to be informative.)

Last edited:

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure people will run into this, especially with the knowledge that the sticks are of good construction outside possible completely-fixable faults.

Sky_R

B. Jenet's Firstmate
No prob kirk. Aside that, it works great for fighting games like SVC, CVS2, KOF, SFA3. The only thing I can't get it to work good with is guilty gear series. Haha but I will learn.

It really is a good stick just be careful.

Sky_R

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Yeah sometimes the down switch gets stuck ocassionally but its nothing major. Same thing happens to me on my modded DC agetec joystick for my MVS. I think thats a typical thing. But that usually only happens to me at the player select screens.

Sky_R

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Wasabi is right it is a good stick overall. Sad for some of the things that happened to other buyers. We can only hope they took it back or modified it.. :P