Music Recommendations plz

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
I'm looking for more music/artists to get into. I like music similar to Cascada, Alice Deejay, and DJ Tiesto. Recommendations??

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Gotenks326 said:
I like music similar to Cascada, Alice Deejay, and DJ Tiesto
Hahaha how about some fucking good music for starters. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm with PUNJABEE on this, techno and dance is fucking atrocious talentless horse shit.

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
soulthug said:
Hahaha how about some fucking good music for starters. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm with PUNJABEE on this, techno and dance is fucking atrocious talentless horse shit.
kthxbye.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
soulthug said:

Meh, shaddap you dried chavstain.

Surprised to hear you say such a thing, especially when you come from such a hotbed of such music.

Of course, I feel the same way about our American exported mediocre mainstream hip-hop...:emb:

P. Diddy or Daddy Yankee anyone? *pffffffrt*

I'd recommend some electronic music, but my tastes are permanently stuck in 1992-1997, when Lords Of Acid, FSOL, The Prodigy, and The Chemical Bros. ruled the Earth. My opinion's void. Heh.

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
soulthug said:

lols thats like saying eminem sucks, therefore hiphop is shit.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Loopz said:
Meh, shaddap you dried chavstain.

Surprised to hear you say such a thing, especially when you come from such a hotbed of such music.

Of course, I feel the same way about our American exported mediocre mainstream hip-hop...:emb:

P. Diddy or Daddy Yankee anyone? *pffffffrt*

I'd recommend some electronic music, but my tastes are permanently stuck in 1992-1997, when Lords Of Acid, FSOL, The Prodigy, and The Chemical Bros. ruled the Earth. My opinion's void. Heh.
I listen to about 80% reggae you retard. The rest, i listen to metal, Hip Hop (but no chart shit FYI.) and rock.

STICK THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT, HOMES!:chimp:

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
soulthug said:
I listen to about 80% reggae you retard. The rest, i listen to metal, Hip Hop (but no chart shit FYI.) and rock.

STICK THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT, HOMES!:chimp:

Is there really that much reggae to listen to? *honest question*

Everytime I hear anyone playing reggae, it's always some skinny white chick drinking a smoothie bumping Bob Marley's 'Exodus' for the 1,000,000,000,956th time. That may just be a product of the barren landscape I call home though.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Loopz said:
Is there really that much reggae to listen to? *honest question*

Everytime I hear anyone playing reggae, it's always some skinny white chick drinking a smoothie bumping Bob Marley's 'Exodus' for the 1,000,000,000,956th time. That may just be a product of the barren landscape I call home though.
Hell fuck'n yeah.
Ask Alec, he's more reggae/dancehall knowledgeable than me.

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
Soulthug, Im gonna recommend you some breakbeat which is either reggae influenced or samples reggae. Interested to see what you make of it. Im quite into dubby breaks.

All Tayo meets Acid Rockers Uptown tracks (Wicked Dub, Bloodline Dub, Rockers Delight, Crazy Youth/Shorty The Pimp but not the trouble soup remix).
Most things Dreadzone, although im quite fond of booty line and once upon a time in jamaca (king at the controls mix)
Paradox 3000 - Let There be Light
Care in the Community vs Cutty Ranks - Badness Can't Work

you can find most of them on beatport.com, trackitdown.net and djdownload.com for samples.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Mawdsley said:
Soulthug, Im gonna recommend you some breakbeat which is either reggae influenced or samples reggae. Interested to see what you make of it. Im quite into dubby breaks.

All Tayo meets Acid Rockers Uptown tracks (Wicked Dub, Bloodline Dub, Rockers Delight, Crazy Youth/Shorty The Pimp but not the trouble soup remix).
Most things Dreadzone, although im quite fond of booty line and once upon a time in jamaca (king at the controls mix)

you can find most of them on beatport.com, trackitdown.net and djdownload.com for samples.

I like breakbeats, I'll be checking these out myself.
Times like this I really miss working at a record store.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Mawdsley said:

Tayo - These Are the Breaks is a great fucking album.

I'd add Freestylers to that list, they are unabashedly influence by the reggae/dub sound.

Uberzone to a lesser extent too.

@Gotenks, you listen to some pretty cheeseball trance/house music, but if thats your thing, then go with it. Similar artists/DJs you might want to check out: Paul Van Dyk, George Acosta, ATB, Gabriel & Dresden, Michael Burns, and early BT (anyone see the This Binary Universe teaser? Seems promising).

Don't be afraid to go to Beatport.com and just surf the trance/house section. You can hear long samples of every track they have for download, and they break every major genre down into smaller sub-sections so you might find exactly what you want. A good idea is to find an artist you already like (Tiesto) and look at the artists signed to their label. Most (I said, MOST) electronic labels tend to sign artists all within the same genre.

Just as a recommendation, look for a track called Transatlantic (Andy Moor Remix) by Jose Zamora and Damien DP.

Last edited:

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
Loopz said:
I like breakbeats, I'll be checking these out myself.
You may also want to give a listen to ILS and The Rogue Element for more of teh beatz

As far as reggae-type stuff, well any tracks The Freestylers have done featuring Tenor Fly simply rule in my book...for some of that you could try 2 of their albums: We Rock Hard or Pressure Point

EDIT: Buro already covered the Freestylers...I snooze I lose
:loco:

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
ive always been hit and miss with freestylers. never really got into the tennor fly stuff. although the stuff ive liked, i really liked!

Buro Destruct

Kazuki Dash said:
You may also want to give a listen to ILS and The Rogue Element for more of teh beatz

As far as reggae-type stuff, well any tracks The Freestylers have done featuring Tenor Fly simply rule in my book...for some of that you could try 2 of their albums: We Rock Hard or Pressure Point

EDIT: Buro already covered the Freestylers...I snooze I lose
:loco:
Serious thumbs up for Rogue Element, ILS is pretty hit and miss with me.

For teh breakz I'd go with the artists already mentioned plus: Pendulum, Breakfastaz, Trafik, Hybrid (I Choose Noise is going to be their heaviest album yet), Fretwell, Derek Howell, R3volve, Toksin, and later BT (Emotional Technology not withstanding).

Edit: Fuck I totally forgot: Stanton Warriors, Future Funk Squad, and Grayarea

Last edited:

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
Buro Destruct said:
@Gotenks, you listen to some pretty cheeseball trance/house music, but if thats your thing, then go with it. Similar artists/DJs you might want to check out: Paul Van Dyk, George Acosta, ATB, Gabriel & Dresden, Michael Burns, and early BT (anyone see the This Binary Universe teaser? Seems promising).

Don't be afraid to go to Beatport.com and just surf the trance/house section. You can hear long samples of every track they have for download, and they break every major genre down into smaller sub-sections so you might find exactly what you want. A good idea is to find an artist you already like (Tiesto) and look at the artists signed to their label. Most (I said, MOST) electronic labels tend to sign artists all within the same genre.

Just as a recommendation, look for a track called Transatlantic (Andy Moor Remix) by Jose Zamora and Damien DP.
Yeah, I am aware that the kind of music I listen to is exactly highly regarded by many people. Unfortunately I only know of so much music and I'd love to check out the "good" trance/house songs. That's why I created this thread :)

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Gotenks326 said:
Yeah, I am aware that the kind of music I listen to is exactly highly regarded by many people. Unfortunately I only know of so much music and I'd love to check out the "good" trance/house songs. That's why I created this thread :)

That's the big Catch-22 with this kind of music.
Typically, some mainstream piece of cheese is the only thing you'll have access to hear...but then it lures you in, and you listen to harder/better stuff, and then eventually what originally got you in is kind of embarrassing. Kind of like the way marijuana works as a starter drug. ;)

Buro Destruct

Loopz said:
That's the big Catch-22 with this kind of music.
Typically, some mainstream piece of cheese is the only thing you'll have access to hear...but then it lures you in, and you listen to harder/better stuff, and then eventually what originally got you in is kind of embarrassing. Kind of like the way marijuana works as a starter drug. ;)
Hey man, you should really look into the Freestylers, I KNOW you'd dig their shit.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Buro Destruct said:
Hey man, you should really look into the Freestylers, I KNOW you'd dig their shit.

I'll do that.:buttrock:

Maybe it will be one more cool thing to listen to while I try to crack 2M in GWars.

EDIT-BTW, which album of theirs is the best to start with?

Last edited:

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
Gotenks326 said:
I'm looking for more music/artists to get into. I like music similar to Cascada, Alice Deejay, and DJ Tiesto. Recommendations??

some of the stuff I like to spin

Deep Dish
Morel
Eddie Amador
The Sultan
Nathan Fake
James holden
Nathan drew Larsen
G-pal
John creamer and Stephine K
John Digweed
Sasha
Harry Choo Choo Romero
Erick Morillo
Dean Coleman
dj dan
Alexander East
Tim Deluxe
Daft Punk
Older Chemical brothers
Pig & Dan
superchumbo
Mandalay
Carl Cox
Armand Van Helden
Rare influence
Lottie :drool_2:

let me know if you would like more.

Buro Destruct

Loopz said:
I'll do that.:buttrock:

Maybe it will be one more cool thing to listen to while I try to crack 2M in GWars.

EDIT-BTW, which album of theirs is the best to start with?
Knowing your tastes, I'd go chronologically in order:

We Rock Hard
Pressure Point
Raw as Fuck

Each album gets progressively less electro/hip-hop oriented and more hard breaks/reggae in style. So if you find yourself on the fence about Pressure Point, you probably won't like Raw as Fuck. We Rock Hard is definitely up your alley though.

Just do a Get File from me on AIM, I have all my shit shared.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Buro Destruct said:
Knowing your tastes, I'd go chronologically in order:

We Rock Hard
Pressure Point
Raw as Fuck

Each album gets progressively less electro/hip-hop oriented and more hard breaks/reggae in style. So if you find yourself on the fence about Pressure Point, you probably won't like Raw as Fuck. We Rock Hard is definitely up your alley though.

Just do a Get File from me on AIM, I have all my shit shared.

Awesome man...I'll do that shit tonight. I just moved in with my very cool GF and finally have a PC at home again. :buttrock: