Multi game cart question MVS :D

Moria/the man

New Challenger
I was wondering what the best choice to try to buy one of these.

I just recently acquired an Omega.

Just looking for suggestions on where and what kind to buy. I know of one in AliExpress.com

Do you know if the ROMs on this cart are arcade perfect?

Thanks guys!:qcf:

bdlou

Quiz Detective
Go look at the 161 in 1 thread. It has all your answers. Also, howdy neighbor!

Moria/the man

New Challenger
Hey bdlou! Thanks man. I'm checking it out now and hello neighbor! I went to Bothell HS. :D Maybe we could do a Neo game party one of these days.

All others feel free to leave their thoughts still.

blotter12

Kabuki Klasher
If you can find a 138, that has the best selection of games, but it isn't "plug and play" like the others (ESPECIALLY on a CMVS). The 120 & 161 are easily available and both have a nice selection of games. Personally, I'd lean towards the 120 because the games that are on the 120 but not the 161 are better than the games that are on the 161 but not the 120.

Also, the 161 has glitches in Aero Fighter 3 that make the game unplayable. It also has the proto version of MOTW that resets the game when you do Jae Hoon's TOP attack.

But, by all means, the games lists are available online. It's not hard to find them and decide for yourself.

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
Forget the 138, it won't work with the omega due to the sub board. I've owned most multi cart (138, 120, 150 and 161), and I personally feel the best combo is 120 with a 161. 138 has actual load time to get into a game, which is a tad annoying. Owning both a 120 and 161 will cover most games. You can always check the exclusive for both, and then pick only one which fits your taste.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I got a 120 because it had shocktroopers and TSS, I could be wrong, but I think those were 2 key games not on the 161. I would buy from Aliexpress.

Arcade Otaku wiki has the game lists, so look those over.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Sadly, that list isn't totally accurate... I bought a 150in1 because of Pulstar and Viewpoint, which shouldn't have been on the 161in1, but from what others report are.

Oh, also the multicarts are boots. Expect glitches and weird stuff. They're good to supplement for games you can't afford (SSVS) or to try out some titles that you don't know, but they can't beat the real carts.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I got a 120 because it had shocktroopers and TSS, I could be wrong, but I think those were 2 key games not on the 161. I would buy from Aliexpress.

yeah I'll confirm, neither of those are on the 161.

Moria/the man

New Challenger
Tried to order the 120 in 1 and got the "We are sorry, but due to legal restrictions, AliExpress is unable to provide escrow services to residents located in Washington State." message from Ali Express... Anyone else have this problem or know a way to get around it?

THANKS!

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
Sadly, that list isn't totally accurate... I bought a 150in1 because of Pulstar and Viewpoint, which shouldn't have been on the 161in1, but from what others report are.
Yeah, that list is really in need of some editing. I just looked at it, and every entry where 150 has a checkmark and 161 has an X is wrong. Either the 161 actually has that game or the 150 doesn't actually have the game. It also spouts some BS about the 138 in 1 loading games into flash memory like an Everdrive.

Moria/the man said:
Tried to order the 120 in 1 and got the "We are sorry, but due to legal restrictions, AliExpress is unable to provide escrow services to residents located in Washington State." message from Ali Express... Anyone else have this problem or know a way to get around it?
Ohhhh, that sucks.... and it's just Washington state. All they have to say about it on their website is that they'll have it fixed later this year. Right now, your only options are probably to find a source other than aliexpress or have a friend from a different state order it and mail it to you.

Order it from Jammaboards, I've gotten lots of stuff from them never had any problems.
Unfortunately, that is not the 120 in 1

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Vigormortis: Nope its the 161-in-1, IMO the 2nd best multicart on MVS. Far as I can tell the 120's have been totally discontinued, can't find them in stock anymore.

I recommend getting the 161 and then pick up the carts not contained in it (over time/as you can/$$$) from the sales threads here. I wouldn't order/buy carts from Ebay ever!

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
The 120 in 1 still available from aliexpress for under $75 shipped. It is worth serious consideration over the 161 in 1 if Aero Fighters 3, Garou Mark of the Wolves, Shock Troopers, Twinkle Star Sprites are top priorities. The OP's problem is that Washington state just happens to be one of the few places in the world where you can't order from aliexpress.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Man, with all this multi-cart talk going on, I think I'm even going to pick up a cart or two.

Hey, ds, hurry up already!! I don't know how much longer I can hold out. :p

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Garou is on the 161, and as far as I can tell it plays just fine. :)

Aero Fighters 3 is also on the 161, but its glitched pretty badly and only the first few mins are actual playable. :oh_no:

I never personally cared for Shock Troopers, so I say "meh" on that one. :thevt:

Twinkle Star tho, that is seriously a good game and not on the 161... Prob the best game the 120 has over the 161. :crying:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The Garou on the 161 does play fine, but it's a rom of the prototype which has some differences from the real final product. The one on the 120 is supposed to be the final rom.

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
The Garou on the 161 crashes if you attempt to perform Kim Jae Hoon's TOP move while the 120 version seems to run flawlessly.

Moria/the man

New Challenger
The Garou on the 161 crashes if you attempt to perform Kim Jae Hoon's TOP move while the 120 version seems to run flawlessly.
I was going to mention that. Good looking out. I ended up getting one from Jammaboards.com It works fine other than the fact I didn't know that if you have an Omega with built in Memory, it doesn't allow you to do the hold start to go to the game selection menu option. This makes it so you have to turn the system power off to get back to it. Not terrible but.... Yeah. I'll have to check out tat 120 :D I really want to get more MVS games though and do the whole shock box with insert thing though too. hehe

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Since the Omega has a Unibios you can just press Start+Select and do a softreboot through it's menu - still pretty comfortable.

Moria/the man

New Challenger
Since the Omega has a Unibios you can just press Start+Select and do a softreboot through it's menu - still pretty comfortable.

Tried that out but it just took me back to the beginning of the game that I was playing :(.