15 Year Member
What a terrible day

LRZwzN5.gif

One of the all timers.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
What a bummer. Rest in peace.

Edit: Excuse the goofy video, love the Song Black Superman.

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
He reached a nice age, considering his illnesses. Rest in peace.

Marek

Banned
Aw man. He was always my favorite.

Ali used to stay at the octagon towers in Miami when he was training. It was just THE CHAMP and a bunch of old jewish retirees who loved him. So my great grandparents had a place there and my mom, as a teenager, rode an elevator with Ali and he looked at her daishiki and said, "my first wife wouldn't wear those, but my new wife does" and smiled and my mom almost feinted.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Holy shit that sucks. Had a feeling it was coming soon with the recent news though.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
RIP Champ.
It's crazy to think the Atlanta Olympics happened 20 yrs ago.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
ok this is starting to get scary. i cant remember losing this many legends in a single year in my entire life.

RIP

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I became a fan of boxing long after Ali had retired, but this man transcends the sport. There are few athletes that transcend their sport, let alone have such a meaningful impact on the greater society. He took part in some of the biggest fights there ever were, popularized trash talking, and I think he was the greatest heavy weight of all time. There will never be another like him and he contributed greatly to boxing.

RIP.

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
What an absolute legend. I'm glad though he is no longer suffering. Honestly I'm shocked he lived for as long as he did. I would imagine that boxing takes quite a toll on the body. I watched a documentary on ali a couple months back that after one of the big fights (forget which one) he was back in the locker room in pain and pissing blood because of all the body shots/shots to the kidney's that he took and went straight to the emergency room. I'm sorry but that's fucking insane.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Never been a traditional sports guy but Bruce and Ali were always my twin pillars of awesome.

Damn.

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
Always thought it would be cool to have ali (in his prime) take on tyson. I'm not much of a sports fan, but there are tons of documentaries on netflix and I think one was called chasing tyson or something like that and I never realized how powerful tyson was back in the day.

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
Boxers of the past were real man. Now look at these guys today, motivated by money when they take up fights and some are cowards by dodging fights and forcing opponents to take fights at catch weights and shit. Anyway RIP to the legend Ali.

Marek

Banned
Same, I actually thought he was about 10 years older.

Boxing really takes a toll on your body. :(

Well I've read a lot about it and there isn't much hard data to say that boxing is why he got Parkinsons. I hope they do an autopsy and learn more about it all.

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
The after effects of fighting into 1981 when he was past his best shows the tolls of what came later for Ali. The battering that he took from Larry Holmes, one of the most underrated Heavyweight champs of all time for 10 rounds was horrific. Then the Berbick fight a year later. Another aspect that isn't discussed is that Muhammad while having great head movement and ability to move back from shots, prided himself on taking his opponents body shots over and over and over again. The 3 fights with Frazier culiminating in the Thrilla, Ali took SEVERE body assault from Joe. Joe was a body snatcher, breaking fighters down.

The Foreman fight with the rope a dope, Foreman is one of biggest 1 punch heavyhanded boxers of all time. Doing the rope a dope, again he took a battering to the body. He fought a who's who, The Bear Sonny Liston, Earnie Shavers (one of the hardest punching light heavyweights ever who moved up), Ken Norton, Ron Lyle, Jimmy Young, George Chuvalo (greatest chin of all time IMO), Henry Cooper, Bob Foster (Another hard puncher and all timer), and on and on.

Most list Ali as the Greatest Heavyweight of all time, others list Joe Lewis. I lean a little bit more on the side of Joe Lewis, more because of the meaning of what Lewis-Schemling 1 and 2 meant to the world at the time and the aftermath. Ali is 1B IMO but it makes no difference since he transcended his era and sports at the time as still to this day. Very sad day for me. RIP Champ!

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Ali in his prime visiting the classic "Wallace and Ladmo" children's show in Phoenix:

RIP Ali and still miss my friend Wallace :(