MS5 AES preorders open at Neostore. New price = $349

Damn man....Shawn must know the price increase is going to be a problem, he put somewhat of a disclaimer about the retail price being about $369....

Even though we are talking about only a $14 increase, its getting in the stratosphere now, once you tack on shipping. If prices are going to continue to rise for New releases, then maybe its time SNKP throw in the towel.

I still want this game, but I don't know about buying it at pre-sale or not. Decisions decisions.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I guess the fact that the $ is so low agianst any other currency is pushing the price up...

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
I'm pretty sure this price increase has more to do with the weakened dollar vs the yen right now. At NCS, many of their updates (involving generally higher prices) have alluded to this many times.

Honestly, none of these new Neo games are worth that kind of coin. I'll wait for a sub-$200 MVS/JAMMA price drop, kthxbye.
:cool:

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire
I hate to say it but this price is pure bullshit. What? Does this game have capcom characters in it too? Come the frig on.. Or does this have to do with forum members getting together on a large buy to get a lower price?

As far as I know that is the same Japanese yen price they have been for some time, 39,800. This is just a case of Shawn raising HIS price??

:mad:

EVERYONE, get in on this thread and pray that rimm_rs gets the wholesale pricing.. Seems to me like we should be able to get the game for less than $300 if everyone gets in..

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
As far as I know that is the same Japanese yen price they have been for some time, 39,800. This is just a case of Shawn raising HIS price??

Dude, read above.
If the dollar falls against the yen, and one dollar buys you fewer yen, that same 39,800Y price is going to be MORE expensive.
Get it?

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
AAHH! Okay forget it, not getting this game at release :oh_no:

Either wait for a price drop or pick it up from one of you guys ;)

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire
That doesn't make the PAIN go away.

I need drugs. Metal Slug 5 drugs. They're expensive. But I must have them. Because I don't have the other 5 games to NOT have this one. And now I must pay nearly $400 if I wanted to preorder the game with overnight shipping. :mad:

Hoping for good results from the forum members getting together with their preorders here..

Last edited:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Not to sound like a cock, but I've had and been playing the MVS version of 5 now for a few weeks, and I paid much less than the price of the AES (well, the price at the Neo Store, at least).

Sounds like that buying in bulk for the masses is a great idea, however! rimm_rs is a great guy for doing that!

Spike

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
That seals it, I'll wait til a price drop. If its gone before then, oh well.

Hopefully KOF 2K3 won't follow suit with this increased price nonsense.

Freelancer

Banned
Regardless of the unfavorable currency conversion, such an increase in price was not expected. I figured the price of new releases was going to remain at $335 for a while.

The way I figure it, if MS1-3 have increased in value in different ways, and MS4 has yet to sell out, MS5 should also hold its value. If I can get MS5 at a qty discount for < $300 chips then I'm happy.

Jeeze how screwed up it is that I have bought the best slug (MS3) for the least amount of money, and the worst slug (MS4) for the most.

This is indeed the most insane game platform ever.

syringe

Banned
As of now it's nothing Shawn can control (unless he can somehow manipulate the world bank :P). It's the exchange rates and if anyone has been watching the new/ reading up on taking a tour to europe/asia recently the dollar is dropping like a rock in terms of exchange rates. Which means importing *anything* is going to be really expensive for awhile. Although its good for the economy it helps US manufacturing.
Long story short. it means the economy is rebounding which is good news even if it costs us an extra $15 per cart.

It's also predicted the dollar will stop falling in january and even recover some of it's value. Thus meaning the batch of home carts after Metal Slug 5 might be a bit cheaper. :)

Sorry for this rant from economics 101.

Last edited:

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
I'll probly just snag the MVS version, which should drop even more in a little bit...

Then I'll pick up the AES version a bit later, because its sure to be in stock for a while.

Robert Wallace

Sieger's Squire
Praise the Lard said:
I hate to say it but this price is pure bullshit. What? Does this game have capcom characters in it too? Come the frig on.. Or does this have to do with forum members getting together on a large buy to get a lower price?

:mad:

EVERYONE, get in on this thread and pray that rimm_rs gets the wholesale pricing.. Seems to me like we should be able to get the game for less than $300 if everyone gets in..

Yeah I agree the price for a new release Home Cart is absolutely nuts.....

What difference does it make if you all pre-order the game in one bulk order to get the discounted price?

The price on a Neo Geo Home Cart should not be that expensive period.....its just another Metal Slug.:oh_no:

DEXTERPAWN

Kuroko's Training Dummy
i think 349 is bull shit and now my rage meter is at MAX:mad: . has any one seen ss5 is selling like crazy by the way? honestly i was hopeing to get ms5 for 250. and then i woke up and saw how the price has increased where are you 335:mad: :crying:

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
its just another Metal Slug.

True words spoken. That was the exact same thing I was thought when I played it at the kof2k3 loke test. A good purchase for *diehard* fans of the series.

Droid

rebellion1

Mr. Big's Thug
good jesus.

i mean, its just metal slug. Yes the game rocks, but....ITS JUST METAL SLUG!

i loved metal slug 3, wouldnt pay more than 50 for it though.

gunrock46

Dodgeball Yakuza
Maybe SNKP will respond and drop it to a reasonable $250. The last thing they need is to completely piss of their loyal user base. Maybe a metal slug 5 strike is in order until the price is $250.

DEXTERPAWN

Kuroko's Training Dummy
that would rock. finally afforadable homecarts. i like the sound of that also boycot untill us version gets uncensord while were at it pluus decent english conversions. or mabe in the case of ss5 engrish(hey its better than nothing)i liked svc chaos beacuse of how much they talked. it was like we were family.

Robert Wallace

Sieger's Squire
I dont think any kind of strike or boycott is going to have any effect just because people will buy it and besides its not like you can buy the New US Neo Home Carts from anyone else.

I just dont see why the price is so high if you only buy 1 game.

If you buy 20 copies of this game you can get a discount price, WTF is that?

I dont buy Home Carts so its no the price does not hurt my wallet, I think the price for this game and other new releases should stay around $315.00.

When the MVS price for MS5 is less than $300.00 I'll consider buying the full kit.

Anyways this is just my opinion on the price of homecarts, they are not worth it to me. Have any of you even played this game yet......is it worth more than $300.00?

gunrock46

Dodgeball Yakuza
Robert Wallace said:
I dont think any kind of strike or boycott is going to have any effect just because people will buy it and besides its not like you can buy the New US Neo Home Carts from anyone else.

I just dont see why the price is so high if you only buy 1 game.

If you buy 20 copies of this game you can get a discount price, WTF is that?

I dont buy Home Carts so its no the price does not hurt my wallet, I think the price for this game and other new releases should stay around $315.00.

When the MVS price for MS5 is less than $300.00 I'll consider buying the full kit.

Anyways this is just my opinion on the price of homecarts, they are not worth it to me. Have any of you even played this game yet......is it worth more than $300.00?

I know what you mean by the discound of 20 or more purchased. To me (hate to say it) but it seems like a bit of price jacking. There I said it cause nobody else would. $250 is fine. $335 is excessive IMHO. Guess I'm only gettin it if rmm_rs gets the prices down low enough to afford it.

I'm not boycotting anything. I am however going to excersise my rights as a consumer (Falling Down style)...hehe...I will just have to wait for this one to drop in price after release. Seriously, at this price, there will be plenty to go around. You can only incrementally raise the price so much until some people reach their breaking point, and I think $335 was pretty much my limit for a new release. Sounds stupid maybe because its only $14 more now, but everyone has a limit somewhere. I have patience enough to wait for the 6th Metal Slug game.

It's not a shot at Shawn at all, if it truly is because of the weakened dollar, then so be it, thats something he can't control.

I can always change my mind of course, the beauty of freedom. We do have 3 full months before release. Hopefully, there will be some cool freebies.

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
Sucks, I think its insane and rediculous. First the $335 and now pushin it even more. Sure this is a "special" hobby but if anything this will only hurt sales or increase the number of people waiting for a price drop anyway. I see this as pointless.

And also sure we keep saying "its only $10 more, or $15 more" but you could keep saying that everytime there is price increase, it could also be seen as way of slowly conditioning us for higher prices. Eventually it'll be $399 before you know it.

Last edited: