Move stickers?

brightangel

Crazed MVS Addict
Hi guys,

Right, I did a search for this already and have found nothing.

Being pretty new to NG games, I've noticed that I keep wishing I had character move lists handy when I play with my very limited selection of MVS bare carts. Sure, I could print out an FAQ and have that next to me, but there's something more attractive about having the actual move strips with art in front of me while I play. (It's also nicer when you have friends over to play, and you can display a colourful move reference for them to look at).

Is this something someone has done?

If not, is this something someone would consider doing? Perhaps not in strip form, but maybe something rectangular that could fit on the inside cover of a shockbox, so when you open the box, you see your cart, and a move 'card' on the other side.

(Edit: changed title to correct name. Thanks, STK!)

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I think traditionally, they are called move stickers. Not sure if that would help with your search. You looking for any games in particular? You can occasionally find people here selling artsets, usually for not too much.

The thing with move stickers is that they never list all the characters' moves (except in the earliest games)...there just isn't room enough. So for what you're talking about, for any game after about 1993 you'd need the stickers AND a faq. Your best bet would probably be getting a mook or faq and creating your own movelists in Illustrator or someting.

brightangel

Crazed MVS Addict
Thanks for setting me straight on what to call them! I wanted to post on this earlier, but I had no idea what to call these things...

I did realise I could buy artsets, but they wouldn't fit in a shockbox. I think some of my suggestion comes from a desire to make a shockboxed cart as close to a retail package as possible, and given that I have absolutely no talent in doing such things, I was kind of hoping someone else had previously thought along similar lines.

I know what you mean about limited space for moves...I was hoping for some form of fold out card that could have everything squeezed on it, but, like you've said, that isn't practicable.

Thanks for your suggestion, though.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
The first thing that came to mind was that you could try messing around with the movelists posted at the NEO Encyclopedia to see if you could format those to your liking...

brightangel

Crazed MVS Addict
I'm embarrassed to say that I've never been to that site!

Looking at the move lists now...I think you're right, surely they can be squished a bit and messed with to fit on a small insert card.

Off I got to manipulate...