motorcycle enthusiast thread.

sven666

War Room Troll
yeah, 2 extra wheels for support is kinda gay, those huge metal coffins sure are slow too.. zzzzz... i guess the only redeeming feature is that you can haul more than 1 bitch at a time huh... :cool:

anyhoo, are there any neo-geo bikers out there?
what are you riding?
thoughts on new models?, old models?, custom vs sports vs offroad?

bring it...

and anice pic to top it off too..

me, my bike (and a friends), my town...

{8A7EED00-43C7-4EEA-AFDD-3A56FA79237C}.jpg

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
My bro rides a '01 Suzuki GSXR

I'll see if I can manage a pic by tomorrow or something...

sven666

War Room Troll
my streetbike, a Honda VTR 1000F '97 (notice the absence of licence plates :cool: )

{681685C4-3DB3-418D-B21A-CC6E11B17597}.jpg

and heres me coming in from timetrials on my competition bike a Kawasaki ZX9RR '98

{B67931C6-25FA-45B9-AEA1-3EF115582F19}.jpg

both are pretty sweet bikes, the honda may not be the quickest but for the road 270km/h topspeed is plenty enough (almost :rolleyes: ), pretty easy to wheelie with and also very light/small.
the kawasaki is actually still a competitive bike in the nordic championship (in spite of being the oldest by 3 yrs to the nearest competitor), not really any motoGP style tracks here where +-20BHP do all the difference..

my next bike will definetly be a Honda CBR1000RR, tho i think i will drive the VTR to death before i get something new, 22yrs living in a big city means killer insureance fees :blow_top:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
personally i want to get a 1983 harley FLH sportster. which is what i'm saving my pennies towards currently. someday i'll have one.

TrailerTrash

Overtop Pathfinder
Started when I was 16 on a 1981 Kawasaki GPZ 550, it was a POS. Leaked gas, oil, air, you name it. Crashed it once and picked it up and still ran for another 1000 miles before it blew up (blew a hole in the engine). Now Since then I have been riding my 95' Suzuki Katana 750, love it! It may not be a full sports bike but the average person can't tell the difference.

I think everyone should have to start out on a POS older bike that sounds like it's going to blow up any minute (how I started) not only do you learn the very basics of the road but god damn some of those things are TANKS!!! That Kawasaki went down at 50mph in the rain and the only damage was the lettering on the engine that said kawasaki was grinded down a bit (still readable).

After I find a beater car for the winters around here (I'm 18 w/o a goddamn car liscence :emb: ) I am going to test drive some sports bikes in the 750 range and decide what I want from there. Being 6'1 195lbs you just don't fit right on a 600 or smaller, or atleast I can't fit right. My legs cramp up and I can't bend them while on anything that small.

Forgot, Did you guys buy from dealer or from owners? How much is your insurance?

GPZ - $450 bought, $185 year insurance liability
Katana - $1600 bought, $445 on last year liability and this year $220

People tell me State Farm is the best place to get insurance, I still need to check this out.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I have a 72 Triumph Trident 650. Can't remember how many speed it is. But I know that it has one more than my brother's trident of the same year.

My dad drives it and has for the last 30 years.

I'd rather have a norton commando... But that has nothing to do with my user name.

djrconsoles kr1

Astra Superstar
I spent most of my teenage years racing around on my old Kawasaki KR1-S (hence my ebay user i-d :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=72503&item=8198206675

But im a wee bit older now and for the last 3 years I've had a Ducati 748 Bip. Just bought some 45mm carbon micron cans for it so its going to sound pretty sweet for the weekend!

I love the bike, rides like a dream, and even though I'm 23, the insurance is pretty good too.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
I think by next May I will probably get either the Yamaha R1, the '05 model probably because I like the exhaust placement a lot on it. The other option would be the Suzuki GSXR-1000. Depends on what I decide on...I probably will go with the R1.

djrconsoles kr1

Astra Superstar
I remember when I bought mine, I test rode an R6 compared to the duke. The performance on the R6 was awsome, especially for a 600, but I personally found it just too uncomftable for me and my wrists were killing after what was a short time riding - the Dukes not alot better, but for me I do find it a little more comftable to ride - dont know what the R1's like though, I was only allowed upto a 750 at the age of 19 so I couldnt try one :(

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
djrconsoles kr1 said:
I remember when I bought mine, I test rode an R6 compared to the duke. The performance on the R6 was awsome, especially for a 600, but I personally found it just too uncomftable for me and my wrists were killing after what was a short time riding - the Dukes not alot better, but for me I do find it a little more comftable to ride - dont know what the R1's like though, I was only allowed upto a 750 at the age of 19 so I couldnt try one :(

I've heard from a lot of people that the R6 is a great bike for the engine size. I actually wouldn't be opposed to getting one...but a friend of mine told me that it wouldn't be worth it. He said that I'd be better off going with the R1 because the whole key to everything is knowing how to properly control the throttle...it won't matter if you have a less powerful bike because if you don't know how to use the throttle in general you'll get in trouble.

Some people I know who have rode R1's said it's a great bike...not the most comfortable thing out there...then again most of the sportbikes aren't. But, 180HP on a 379lb bike is nuts.

The only drawback to getting a bike in New Jersey is that people have little respect for them so they won't think twice about coming over on you. Kind of unfortunate considering there are many more idiots driving cars than bikes.

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
I love my Scooter...

Fucking hell you have all got big bikes, I have a Vespa 125 and it is great for getting around the city of London...I can be any where in London within 20 minutes, with no congestion charge and free parking...

PS I have my full bike licence, passed in 1984 had a few bigger bikes but see no point when I live in the city and ride to work every day.....

djrconsoles kr1

Astra Superstar
thegreathopper said:
Fucking hell you have all got big bikes, I have a Vespa 125 and it is great for getting around the city of London...I can be any where in London within 20 minutes, with no congestion charge and free parking...

PS I have my full bike licence, passed in 1984 had a few bigger bikes but see no point when I live in the city and ride to work every day.....

ha ha :D cant blame you for the scooter where you live mate, my bike would be abit tight around there! I live in 'ol Lincolnshire farming county where theres not alot of traffic and mile after mile of open country roads so bigger bikes are more common round my end than scooters

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
you'd figure there'd be more of a love for the big american cruiser bikes like harley's and indians but i guess not. oh well. i'll be the lone leather wearing eagle backed rider.

that's currently the bike i'm saving for. she's a real beauty aint she? 1983 harley sportster 1000... such awesomeness cannot be matched by any other bike.
Dsc00009.jpg

Last edited:

sven666

War Room Troll
im a bike nut period.. i just happen to have a bunchof sportsbikes cause.. well.. its the most fun you can have without a pair of wings and a jetengine (i think, never flew in a jet).. thinking about fixing up my old dirtbike (honda CR 125 '90something i forgot) with a pair of streetwheels doing it supermotard stylie.. sure its illegal to ride but who the fuck is gonna catch me on that bike :kekeke:

the R6 is a great beginners bike, great handling and LOTS of power for such a small bike.. only drawback is the insane engine.. that thing revs like a chainsaw on PCP :eek: makes for quite an awkward and tiresome experience..

personally i like twins, mainly for the torque but also for the spcial riding style.. nothing beats highspeed drifting in and out of bends :tickled:

@greathopper - man ive been to london a few times, and there are some real nuts there.. people weaving thru traffic doing wheelies and stoppies all over the place, crazy..
worst by far is france tho, holy shit!!, get a bike in paris and your life expectancy drops to a few hours :loco:

as always, ending on a pic, enjoy :)

attachment.php

Last edited:

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
sven666 said:
my streetbike, a Honda VTR 1000F '97

Same one I got, well it's not really mine it's my cousins but he's locked up and I've been riding it since '99. I got into bikes in part due to my cousin and uncle( my uncle being a big time bike fanatic ), been thinkin' about getting a new bike but I'm unsure of what I want to get. Thankfully I have another cousin who lives like three blocks away from a bike shop and since he to is into 'em I have many a good reason to visit :buttrock:

The Drizzle

Whip's Subordinate
I hope to go to a motorcycle school to get a license soon, then I can save up for a GSX-R woot, then paint it flat black and get some bronze wheels. \o/