Most OVERrated Neo Game Ever

N

NGPSkinhead

I also think Super Dodge Ball is crap. The game is like Tekken 3. Just bash the buttons and maybe you win. The first ten games are fun, but after sometime you start to realise that it's more luck if you win than that you are a good gamer.

Other overrated games :
- Crossed Swords : Don't understand why people like it. I thought iit was boring.

- World Heroes : Just standard fighting know a lot of better games

lump505

Kabuki Klasher
Neo B Man, MS3 has only 5 missions but the last mission is sooooooooooo long. It is really like 3 missions in one. There is flying, then rocket part, then space ship.

There are 3 bosses on the final mission. I think you should play the whole game and then see how it is.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Well then I've seen two thirds of that mission I believe. I just didn't want to beat the game so soon after I got it, so I lost. I might be prematurely judging the game, but with all this "last cart" palava everyone is giving undeservedly high ratings because they don't want to know the Neo as a system that went out with a bad game. But I will play some more, and maybe my opinion would change.

lump505

Kabuki Klasher
I agree with you about that last cart stuff but I beleive MS3 deserves all the praise it has gotten. Most of the Neo Geo games that came out in the past couple years have been "A" class titles except for maybe Neo Geo Cup 98' (that was just a rush job and marketing ploy).

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
The only problem with Contra is that Konami couldn't figure out what they wanted to do with it. Ever play that game on Playstation calle Contra Legacy or something like that and they give you 3D glasses to put on. What the hell is that all about???

Please don't hold Konami directly responsible for the atrocity that is "Contra: Legacy of War" for the PSX. That steaming mound of polygonal shite was developed by "Appaloosa Interactive". Konami stupidly entrusted one of their key franchises to an outside development team and well, the rest is history. "Contra Hard Corps" for the Sega Genesis stands as the best Contra title ever, easily besting any Metal Slug game in the gameplay area.

I'll have to agree with lump here and say Magician Lord. This is mostly due to the horrible controls. Maybe in 1990 this game would have been great, but I don't think it's stood the test of time well.

I hate "Magician Lord" as well. It's incredibly overrated. Nostalgia factor aside, it's worthless.

I agree with you about that last cart stuff but I beleive MS3 deserves all the praise it has gotten.

Agreed. Metal Slug 3 definitely lived up to my expectations, and fully deserved all the praise it was lauded with by game reviewers.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
I know I'm REALLY asking for it by saying this, but I can't help it anymore. I think Garou is the most overrated neo geo game by far. Aside from it's beautiful graphics, nothing about this game makes me want to play it. I don't like the character designs, the gameplay is nothing new, and the # of characters is rather limited compared to other new fighters. Why someone would pay $450+ for this steaming pile is beyond me. whew! With all that overrated talk I had to get that off my chest.

Back to lurking,

Matt

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
hey force

i'm with you
like...totally

apart from janet and the visuals,
garou was such a disappointing game

and dont get me started on ms3

a mate of mine lent it to me
and got bored after LESS than an hour

and to think i used to love metal slug 1...

and dolphin

contra hardcorps the best contra?

it was good,alright
but
always preferred the sfamicom one,me

the original was pretty fuckin amazin too

Fran

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
I think MotW was a great game considering it was made to compete with SF3, but then I am also an avid Capcom gamer as well and SF3 is one of my favorite games from them. I enjoy the parry system they put in both these titles and it is a nice change of pace to see some fresh faces and new styles every 5 games or so. The only two gripes I have with MotW are that the music could have been better and I wish SNK hadn't put in those weird confetti effects when you get hit. That looks cheesey and could have been done much better or simply left out. Other than that I can't find anything wrong with the game. True, it doesn't fit in with the other Fatal Fury games, but hell, there were already 7 of those. I see MotW as an improvement on Fatal Fury as I was never a big fan of the line switch or the button layout. I was much happier with the KoF style of control and a quick dodge capability instead of physically switching lines. But then maybe all the things I like are what you find boring. I know a lot of fighting fans that HATE the parry systems with a passion as it can lead to massive turtling. On the other hand, I was always one who liked to play with the turtle style, both as a turtle or against one, as I like the win/loss to be dependent on the capatlization on an opponents mistakes rather than charging in head first and comboing for block damage. I am just a defensive player in 2D fighters so the more defense for me the better.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
I also enjoy street fighter 3: third strike a great deal. I just see garou as a ripoff of SF3 with less interesting gameplay (I like parrys more then just defended) and less interesting characters (this is the first time I've liked capcom characters more then snk characters) and less of them. And I know this game was trying to compete with SF3 (at least on a graphical level), but anyone who thinks garou's graphics compare with SF3 is fooling themselves. An arcade here in michigan has SF3:3s and garou cabinets sitting side by side and SF3:3s made garou look ancient. Garou is probably a great game, but when I play I feel like I'm just playing a ripoff and that just ruins it for me. BTW, I loved the lines in the previous FF games. Set the series apart from other 2d fighters.

Back to lurking,

Matt

lump505

Kabuki Klasher
NO NO NO!!!! Garou is the shit. I can't beleive you think that is overrated. That game has 13 New characters. You cant say that about any other sequel on the Neo.

Gunbu

Man, I wish we could all have a big fighting tournament or something. I don't know many other fighter fans where I live and it would be great to fight against you guys.
Oh well...
wink.gif