10 Year Member
Gotta have that YouTube reaction pic in the video :lolz:

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
20231106-125152.jpg

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
God the Jaguar is such a sad console... you'd think it would be able to do MK1 with its hands tied and then you get a 25 min video of compromises made to make it work on the system.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I assume these Youtube thumbnail faces are all self-parody at this point. It's a challeng to make them as over-the-top as possible. There's no other way I can square it in my mind

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
God the Jaguar is such a sad console... you'd think it would be able to do MK1 with its hands tied and then you get a 25 min video of compromises made to make it work on the system.
For what it's worth, this got posted on the Atariage forum and all the veteran Jaguar developers are laughing at this guy.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
And another reason why the Jaguar failed so hard... Couldn't even get a port of Mortal Kombat. Pretty sad for an american-made game console and an american-made game.

prof

And another reason why the Jaguar failed so hard... Couldn't even get a port of Mortal Kombat. Pretty sad for an american-made game console and an american-made game.
There was actually a MK3 port in development at one time, but it was cancelled fairly early on in the process. The console was on its last legs at that point. Jag owners had to settle for the MK clones Kasumi Ninja, which is terrible, and Ultra Vortek, which is decent.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
For what it's worth, this got posted on the Atariage forum and all the veteran Jaguar developers are laughing at this guy.
I checked it out and to the surprise of no one it's another madhouse thread with some loon hijacking it with frogger and rants or some shit like that. Never change AtariAge

I just watched it. On 6MB is so limiting. I hope he does some bank switching or makes a proper CD with a Helper Cart Ala KOF95 for the Saturn. Not sure why it is so limited I guess the Jag just sucks.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Are there any Jag demos that look like they couldn't be done on a SNES?

prof

Are there any Jag demos that look like they couldn't be done on a SNES?
There were some games that dropped around 2000/01 that were pretty impressive visually. Skyhammer and Battlesphere come to mind. I think that era of stuff was mostly finished in the mid 90s before Atari went under, so it just sat in purgatory until a publisher came along after the fact. Not sure how much actual additional development Songbird or whichever company did to that stuff before it was released.

The vast majority of homebrews I've seen on the Jag are fairly primitive graphically though, and look no better than SNES stuff. And then there are a ton of Atari ST ports that have come out. But the Jag hardware itself is fairly powerful, and was far ahead of the SNES. Its failure was due to the business incompetence of Atari, not the actual console.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
LMK when they get to MKII. Who play MK1?