Mortal Kombat 9 Roll Call

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Let's get this started shall we? I will try my best to keep the list up to date with everybody that's playing it.

HoSlappa/Yuckmud- MoonJump81
Cannonball-Skink517
Average Joe- PTrainerJoe
NeoTurfMasta-Freak Masta B
Jedah Doma- Jedah Dohma
IsamuBlue- GreyKnight411
FOMOCO&CO- falkenzr
Ratson- vwbabe84
SetaSouji- EvilToastyBagel
Soniku-Soniku17

Playstation 3

Reality Check - Hawkingbird
Biohazard53 -Biohazard53
Chunky Lover53- ChunkyLover
Kim Kaphawn -ZeroKyori
Asmoday -Ashmidai
Beh3moth- Beh3moth-X

Last edited:

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
i'm considering the 360 version

never thought i'd be interested in another MK game but this one has piqued my curiosity

used to play MKII/III pretty much everyday at our local pizza place when i was a kid

definitely hoping for a nostalgia effect with this game

and no, i don't give two fucks about the online pass fee

i'm not a fan of it but i understand its reasoning enough where it doesn't deter me from playing the game

XBL = PTrainerJoe

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Only five people? Damn. I hope this is going to be good. I'm going into this one blind. Since I'm on the 360 they didn't have a demo so I hope it's going to be alright. Of course their holding the reviews of the game till 12AM PST so I guess I'll end up finding out when I'm installing my game to the hard drive weather or not it sucks.

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
PSN- ZeroKyori

Servers not up yet, so I'll be playing some WWE All Stars till then.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Only five people? Damn. I hope this is going to be good. I'm going into this one blind. Since I'm on the 360 they didn't have a demo so I hope it's going to be alright. Of course their holding the reviews of the game till 12AM PST so I guess I'll end up finding out when I'm installing my game to the hard drive weather or not it sucks.

I was watching some online play of over the weekend on justin.tv and it looks silky smooth. I'll be picking it up today but I won't be playing until around 10pm.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
reviews are looking good. Hopefully I can sneak out to best buy sometime today and grab the 360 version.

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
Hit me up on XBL. Just let me know you're NG handle so I know who you are, lol.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Bought the game today on 360. GT is: Jedah Dohma

BTW: I think I may have taken one or two of you off my list because of my bad memory. I just remember looking at a few names going "Who are these people?" Now I remember.:crying:

cannonball

15 Year Member
Bought the game today on 360. GT is: Jedah Dohma

BTW: I think I may have taken one or two of you off my list because of my bad memory. I just remember looking at a few names going "Who are these people?" Now I remember.:crying:

One of those was me! Skink517

edit: I never got a chance to get to the store today so I'll be on tomorrow.

Last edited:

Reality Check

World Hero
I been playing it online and it's been really bad for me. KofH rooms have been lagfests. I haven't had a decent match in those yet. While player and ranked matches being a up above it. Outside of KofH I'll say it's comparable to SFIV.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I haven't touched the online yet, way too much single player stuff to do with the story mode, Challenge Tower and getting an overall feel for the game. I hear normal one on one fights are fine, it's the King of The Hill (my one tipping point on buying the game) is the lag fest.

Also, did anybody else have a problem with the costume unlock codes? I got the Reptile one from Amazon and I got the throwback costume but it doesn't say I unlocked the "Tasty Snack" fatality.

cannonball

15 Year Member
I haven't touched the online yet, way too much single player stuff to do with the story mode, Challenge Tower and getting an overall feel for the game. I hear normal one on one fights are fine, it's the King of The Hill (my one tipping point on buying the game) is the lag fest.

Also, did anybody else have a problem with the costume unlock codes? I got the Reptile one from Amazon and I got the throwback costume but it doesn't say I unlocked the "Tasty Snack" fatality.

Same here. I ended up playing story mode all night. The story is so awesome.

I had a similar unlock code thing with sub zero classic costume and fatality. It took me forever to find that you had to hit start to select alternate costumes, and the unlock ones don't show up in the nekropolis. As for the fatality, it will show as "locked" until you actually perform it. It should be the same button commands as in the original game.

edit: Also, is Kano gonna have to choke a bitch? I love this game.

Last edited:

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
I finished the story mode last night. While I really liked how they introduced characters and explained their backgrounds, I was really disappointed with the ending.

Thanks for the info on the alt costumes and fatalities. I couldn't figure out how to use them for the life of me.

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
I picked it up on PS3, but I am terrible to a degree that makes me just chuckle at times. I haven't taken it online yet. Anyone on PSN notice problems with the net code? I am hearing mixed to bad reviews so far on that front. I was wondering if it has to do with all the disconnections going on or if the net code just needs patching. Anyway, same PSN id... Ashmidai

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
This shit is great, greater than i thought it would be..
360 : falkenzr

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
i always hear people bitch about lag, but jc, this shit was making me all kinds of angry...it was making me play like a female...mostly..
i will just have to get in more online 4 reel..

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Picked it up for 360 and am loving it so far. Online is no option at the moment since I am leeching a slow-ass wifi connection.
GT I am using is the girlfriends one:
vwbabe84

I will try if it works online with the shitty connection but I doubt it.
Will be online when my own line is up and running again.