mortal kombat 9 doesn't look like complete crap. yet.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
I'm really optimistic about this....despite the weird juggle system that still seems to be there from mk vs dc.

TerryMasters

Galford's Armourer
Every gameplay demo ive seen looks like it had dial a combos. I know they said there would be less emphasis, but theyre still in for sure.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the runs. I oersonally loved em, and the game as it stands right now looks really odd when the characters have any distance. They either need to make the jumps longer, or the hops slightly faster/further. Otherwise itll be like genny mk1 with some dial a kombos added.

The video where they mention that the game will be faster as well as removing the Dial-A-Kombos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfHmNRcfFSE

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
The only character I liked after UMK3 was Quan Chi, so I hope he makes a return. It would be great to fight as him in 2D. When it comes to MK I seem to like the characters everybody hates. I loved Kabal and Stryker in MK3, so I hope they come back, I want to have them tag team together as the only characters that thankfully weren't in MK Annihilation. Baraka better be back and have some gruesome fatalities.

One thing I really want after seeing all the videos out of PAX is an old announcer to make a return. The game's announcer has sucked since the game went to consoles. I really hope Ed or Steve Ritchie will come back and voice the announcer/Shao Khan again. If they really want to go back to the roots, get one of them to do the voices again and it'll be like a trip down memory lane again.

The current MK announcer since MK4 has been Hector Sanchez, who is also a game tester. Apparently the throw and switch stance buttons return from the previous MK's.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
The current MK announcer since MK4 has been Hector Sanchez, who is also a game tester. Apparently the throw and switch stance buttons return from the previous MK's.

the stances were a bad idea for MK. Leave technical shit for Virtua Fighter.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Stances in a Mortal Kombat game is like McDonalds giving you real silverware when you order "for here".

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Ahh..god no! I hope that's untrue. I hated having to go into a certain stance to preform a move or input a command to use weapons in MK4. Just keep it like UMK3 and there won't be any trouble.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
If the stance switches are back in i wont even bother. Horrible idea.

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
It should be noted that since this game has an added dash feature, characters that previously had f, f + ? moves, are now inputted with d, f +? (such as Kitana's fan attack). So far, the switch stance button just changes the characters positioning. Some people think that in later builds of the game an additional attack set will be added. In any case this game seems like a mixture of MKII & MKD.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
i dont like the idea of a stance button at all. or a separate throw button.

i think the combos are much more like what youd get in a vs game like mvsc rather than the hard set combos from mk3.

TerryMasters

Galford's Armourer
It should be noted that since this game has an added dash feature, characters that previously had f, f + ? moves, are now inputted with d, f +? (such as Kitana's fan attack). So far, the switch stance button just changes the characters positioning. Some people think that in later builds of the game an additional attack set will be added. In any case this game seems like a mixture of MKII & MKD.

Can you link me to something that says that stances are in? I find it hard to believe considering there's no indication of them on the H.U.D. The stance button could just be a tag button that simply switches your foot pattern in a single battle ala Jacky in VF.

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
Stances in a Mortal Kombat game is like McDonalds giving you real silverware when you order "for here".

I can deal w/dial-a-combos circa UMK3, but if they dare bring back stances, MK9 gets the thumbs down from me.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
* As you would suspect, Jax is a grappler character with lots of grabs and throws.
* His X-Ray move has him performing a double backbreaker.
* For a win pose, Jax reveals and American flag and wraps himself in it.
* The fatality was not shown, but Ed Boon did reveal that it will be a combination of his Mortal Kombat 2 fatalities into one. First he rips the opponent's arms off and then claps his hands to decapitate him.

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
Jax has Clark's super argentina backbreaker as his x-ray. It's nice that they gave him back his purple wave. It was gdlk in MKII.

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
The MKast - Series 2, Episode 2 (Part 1 of 4)

The MKast - Series 2, Episode 2 (Part 2 of 4)

The MKast - Series 2, Episode 2 (Part 3 of 4)

Mortal Kombat 9: New character voice samples
May get deleted soon.

Official MKWebsite Reveals Possible Mortal Kombat (2011) Details

Some of the background music leaked out as well. Some new Tracks as well as old tracks remixed.

MK9 Theme
Armory remixed
Shang Tsung's Throne Room remixed
Temple
Hell
Shang Tsung's Garden
Rooftop remixed (Day)
Colesium
Courtyard remixed

Sonya 1
Sonya 2

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Did anybody save the sound files? You can't access them anymore. Glad that Stryker might be making a comeback. All they need is Kabal and I'll have my MK3 tag team. As the other people said on that MK forum, I really wish they'd get a new announcer. Ever since the game went to consoles the new guy just isn't as good as Ed Boon or Steve Ritchie.