Mortal Kombat 1 (PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Switch & PC)

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Is there even much of an audience for MK on the Switch? Anybody who seriously wants to play it isn't going to want a technically compromised version and I can't imagine much of MKs demographic lines up with people who only own a Switch and have no other options to play the game.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Is there even much of an audience for MK on the Switch? Anybody who seriously wants to play it isn't going to want a technically compromised version and I can't imagine much of MKs demographic lines up with people who only own a Switch and have no other options to play the game.
Switch userbase is roughly twice that of the PS5 and Xbox Series combined and Mortal Kombat 11 was considered to be pretty good on the system.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Ive been playing MK1 on my PC (in a Chewlix) and I deffo need to update my PC. It can run SF6 online perfectly and most of the single player campaign, but sometimes on the single player city thing it will bog down on certain fights. Like almost running underwater. Other than that, SF6 runs perfect at max settings.

MK1 - not so much. After knocking down some settings and running in a lower rez, its usually smooth as butter, but I can hear the little fan in the PC running overtime.

Then closing out the game basically crashes steam. Though I dont think that's an issue with my pc, but MK1 and Steam.

Only about 30% through the story and its not bad so far.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
The PC ports of NRS games are always outsourced and poorly optimized so that's not particularly surprising. And yeah, Switch ports of games designed for modern hardware are always going to look like dogshit and companies are going to release them anyways because there's 100+ million Switches out there so there's bound to be a significant chunk of people willing to play bad versions of games because Nintendo.

I've read in a couple of different places that the networking is server-based and not P2P so people in certain parts of the world can't really play the game online because the ping is shit even if you live in the same building. Wish I could say I was surprised.

famicommander

15 Year Member
It's not just that the Switch version looks worse, it's that it's a completely broken mess even if you don't compare it to the other console versions. The Switch is used to getting the lesser version of fighting games but generally it's still a competent port as we've seen with previous Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, SamSho, and DBZ games on the system.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Kinda insane that there is no Pitt Fatalities yet. I mean....its a basic MK requirement. the fact that there is none yet is ridiculous.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The commercials for this game are pretty rad at least. Can't believe it took them this long to license the theme song from the movie.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Pretty sure they used it in a commercial for MK11 as well. Praga Khan could always use more money for party drugs.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Diversity combat.

Game was ok but the ending was a fart. This multiverse marvel shit is bad. A shame we got stupid time travel kronika instead of cool dark raiden. Mk9s story was pretty good up until the fucked up ending of it.