modded ps2 help

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Desolder the chip, buy a HDD, and be done with it.

Regardless if you have a laser problem or not, you can get the games over to the machine via FTP.

can you tell me where to find files/info to transfer games using ftp. I'm tired of removing the hard drive and attaching it to my pc.

Seriously you need to do a fresh reinstall of the modchip as the solder work looks to have been done by a amateur.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Same here, I never removed my hd and hooked up to a pc, but I worn my laser out by installing games by disc. I would like to know how you ftp a ps2 also.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
http://www.psx-scene.com/hdldump/

You need to install LaunchELF, HDLoader and hdldump-server on your memory card/modchip/whatever. Rename LaunchELF as boot.elf so it boots into the menu and you can choose between loading HDLoader or hdldump-server.

Run hdldump-server on the PS2, and hdldumb on the PC. Enter the PS2 IP address and press connect.

Simple as that.

Oh, and this will allow you to install pirated/imported games too.:buttrock:

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
You can also plug your hard drive directly into your computer. Just make sure the jumper is on the right setting (slave, master). That's what I do. You do have to use the right programs. Of course you need the right program to put the games on the hard drive (I use Winhiip).

There are all sorts of tutorials on this.