Mobile Phone Gaming Thread

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I am posting this thread to talk about mobile phone gaming. Whether it be what's out, What's coming out, Where to get downloads, or just your reviews and suggestions on games to pick up.... or not pick up.

I recently found playing cell phone games to be pretty enjoyable at my breaks or downtime at work, but am overwhelmed by the large amount of games that are out there, and download something like "Ms. Pac Man" (a game I think I can't go wrong with), and not being able to play the game at all due to the shitty controls.

So tell me and others what games you like and don't like. And what you want to know about, and save us all some money.

Right now I am playing Metal Slug Mobile Impact. It has some weird controls but is pretty fun once you get use to it. I think it was worth it.

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
When the hell is The Shroud Mobile game coming out? I have been waiting for this game over a year and have yet to see a release date?

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I have some KoF mobile impact game. It's pretty bad. I also have Metal Slug MI, which is also really bad.

I have Puzzle Bobble, Magical Drop 2 and Tetris Deluxe as well. Those are all pretty decent.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Aaron D said:
I have some KoF mobile impact game. It's pretty bad. I also have Metal Slug MI, which is also really bad.

I have Puzzle Bobble, Magical Drop 2 and Tetris Deluxe as well. Those are all pretty decent.

I hated Metal slug at first but after giving it some playtime I kinda like it.

Where can I get magical drop and puzzle bobble at?

Ajax

15 Year Member
Mmm, I'm not too sure... I have cingular, if that helps. I just went into the game shop and saw them.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
greedostick said:
I am posting this thread to talk about mobile phone gaming. Whether it be what's out, What's coming out, Where to get downloads, or just your reviews and suggestions on games to pick up.... or not pick up.

I recently found playing cell phone games to be pretty enjoyable at my breaks or downtime at work, but am overwhelmed by the large amount of games that are out there, and download something like "Ms. Pac Man" (a game I think I can't go wrong with), and not being able to play the game at all due to the shitty controls.

So tell me and others what games you like and don't like. And what you want to know about, and save us all some money.

Right now I am playing Metal Slug Mobile Impact. It has some weird controls but is pretty fun once you get use to it. I think it was worth it.

I had a thread like this about a year back when I was really into down loading games to my mobile phone. However, with all of the DS games that have been released, I rarely bother anymore.

I still play Y's and DDR on my phone from time to time though.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Gameoz said:
I had a thread like this about a year back when I was really into down loading games to my mobile phone. However, with all of the DS games that have been released, I rarely bother anymore.

I still play Y's and DDR on my phone from time to time though.

Y's? Is that a different version from the book 1 and 2 versions running around? Sounds interesting.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
greedostick said:
Y's? Is that a different version from the book 1 and 2 versions running around? Sounds interesting.

It is Y's Book 1 and it works very well on the cell phone. I got to about level 15 before I stopped playing.

Doom RPG is another excellent game as well. I have to go through my phone carrier and can only select the games they offer. (They probably offer a 100 or so and update and add new ones every week or so)

I would love Bomb Jack or Twinkle Star Sprites (This may be Japan only) but I am sure that my phone company won't get these in.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Isn't it posible to get online and download game via the blutooth technology? Kinda like how you download music?

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I have Doom RPG and Lumines. They are fairly entertaining.

There was a Lost mobile game that I briefly considered getting just because I like the show a lot, but then I realized there was no chance of the game being good at all.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
greedostick said:
Isn't it posible to get online and download game via the blutooth technology? Kinda like how you download music?

What you can down load would depend on your phone/company. I can't down load anything other than what they offer. I can buy the game out right for $6-8 or I can subscribe for a month and pay $3-5 and either renew the game the following month or let it go. I only have enough memory on my phone to hold about eight games at a time.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
genjiglove said:
I have Doom RPG and Lumines. They are fairly entertaining.

There was a Lost mobile game that I briefly considered getting just because I like the show a lot, but then I realized there was no chance of the game being good at all.

I thought about it as well. IGN and Gamespot have a lot of reviews for mobile games. I usually read up on the games and look at the screen shots prior to down loading.

Bonk was a mobile game that looked great but just didn't player very well on my phone.

Ajax

15 Year Member
greedostick said:

That would be sick. I'd love to find out more about that.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
If anyone know anything about the release of "The Shroud Mobile" I would very much like to hear about it since I have been waiting for this game for over a year.