MN Roll Call: Walk the Line & Harry Potter

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Day: Friday
Time: TBD
Place: TBD

It has to be friday for me, saturday and sunday are booked and more good flicks come out next weekend. If anyone is interested and doesn't have plans for tomorrow, then give me a call.

aria

Former Moderator
Magician said:
Day: Friday
Time: TBD
Place: TBD

It has to be friday for me, saturday and sunday are booked and more good flicks come out next weekend. If anyone is interested and doesn't have plans for tomorrow, then give me a call.

My g/f wants to see Walk the Line and she's never seen the other 3 Potter movies, so I'd be up for Potter on Friday. (I also have plans on Saturday, including a 9pm kickoff :buttrock: )

Magician

20 Year Member
Bobak said:
My g/f wants to see Walk the Line and she's never seen the other 3 Potter movies, so I'd be up for Potter on Friday. (I also have plans on Saturday, including a 9pm kickoff :buttrock: )

I wouldn't mind going to Block E. So, are you suggesting that we see Potter first and then have G meet up with us for Walk the Line? Or just strictly a Potter viewing for you, Bobak?

aria

Former Moderator
Magician said:
I wouldn't mind going to Block E. So, are you suggesting that we see Potter first and then have G meet up with us for Walk the Line? Or just strictly a Potter viewing for you, Bobak?

first of all: Goddam, you get up early... :p

Second, that may be a good plan. I'll look into times. I'm glad you're up for E because I figure all the suburban theaters are going to be sold out already :p

The reviews of both have been excellent.

aria

Former Moderator
Block E showtimes:

Potter
11:30 12:15 1:00 3:15 4:00 (4:45) 7:00 7:45 8:30 10:45 11:30 12:15
10:45 2:30 6:15 10:00

Cash:
10:30 11:20 1:25 2:25 4:25 (5:25) 7:30 8:30 10:35 11:20

Maybe we could aim for a 7ish showing of one, then grab a bite afterwards waiting for G, then see the second flick.

Magician

20 Year Member
Bobak said:
first of all: Goddam, you get up early... :p

Yeah, Mon-Fri I get up at a quarter to five in the morning. Saturday is when I make up for those lost hours of sleep (I'm usually asleep by midnight or shortly after) and don't wake up until after noon.

Bobak said:
Second, that may be a good plan. I'll look into times. I'm glad you're up for E because I figure all the suburban theaters are going to be sold out already :p

The reviews of both have been excellent.

Potter is two and a half hours long. Potter at 7 o'clock, which leaves an hour for food, and then Walk the Line at 10:35pm appears to be the only option. Unless you want to extend dinner another fourty-five minutes and see the 11:25pm showtime for Walk the Line? Just guessing, but I don't believe G will want to be up until two in the morning for Joaquin Phoenix. :)

aria

Former Moderator
Magician said:
Potter is two and a half hours long. Potter at 7 o'clock, which leaves an hour for food, and then Walk the Line at 10:35pm appears to be the only option. Unless you want to extend dinner another fourty-five minutes and see the 11:25pm showtime for Walk the Line? Just guessing, but I don't believe G will want to be up until two in the morning for Joaquin Phoenix. :)

I called G and she's going to sleep early tonight, would you consider cutting the double-feature down to dinner+Potter at 8:30 or one of the 10ish shows?

I can buy tickets around 5-6 when I get back to downtown from work.

Magician

20 Year Member
Bobak said:
I called G and she's going to sleep early tonight, would you consider cutting the double-feature down to dinner+Potter at 8:30 or one of the 10ish shows?

I can buy tickets around 5-6 when I get back to downtown from work.

Hmm, I'd still like to double up. How about I view Walk the Line, solo, and then meet up with you for Potter. We'll have to forgo dinner of course. How does a 7:45pm showtime for Potter strike you?

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I'd be up for it if I could hitch a ride with you Jasen, no way I wanna drive into down town. :envy:

ANd I see you looking delly, I'm ready to send the money just let me have the paypal addy.

Magician

20 Year Member
Spike said:
I'd be up for it if I could hitch a ride with you Jasen, no way I wanna drive into down town. :envy:

ANd I see you looking delly, I'm ready to send the money just let me have the paypal addy.

That would be some serious backtracking, for both of us. Unless we move the theatre of choice to Southdale?

See ng.com folk, this is why we use the forums for this s**t.

Things happen, plans change and what not.

Anyway, Bobak, since G is calling it an early evening, how do you feel about changing plans to Southdale? I just might have to say yes to dinner if that were the case.

Magician

20 Year Member
If the plans were to be for Southdale then the best option would be dinner, anywhere (even though I'm dying for PF Chang's = reservations) at nine o'clock, followed by a 10:30 showtime for Potter.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Someone call me later!

aria

Former Moderator
Given the changing circumstances, I'm fine with Southdale...however I still have the concern that the show is going to be sold out quick since the theater is in the middle of a suburban den of soccer moms and their kids. I hope the 10:30 show will mitigate that effect... :p

Magician

20 Year Member
Bobak said:
Given the changing circumstances, I'm fine with Southdale...however I still have the concern that the show is going to be sold out quick since the theater is in the middle of a suburban den of soccer moms and their kids. I hope the 10:30 show will mitigate that effect... :p

I'll call and see if there are tickets available. If there are I'll call each of the MN Crew to see who's all interested, for sure, and then I'll make a V-line to Southdale and buy however many tickets are necessary. We can play phone tag as far as food in concerned.