MISTER SNAC help

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Bought one of these - cannot for the life of me get it to work.

Says it "plugs directly into the User port of the IO board."...which I have done. What could I be missing?! I've tried it with every USB port. I feel like it's probably fine and I am not doing something correctly. I have my keyboard plugged in, my other controllers all work. My PCE controller also works fine with my other PCE SNAC adapter...it's just this thing.

1689034173387.png

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Ive got a bunch of snac adapters someone gave me for free and i cant get any of them to work. Spent like 30 minutes trying with the sega genesis one then gave up. Lol

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Bought one of these - cannot for the life of me get it to work.

Says it "plugs directly into the User port of the IO board."...which I have done. What could I be missing?! I've tried it with every USB port. I feel like it's probably fine and I am not doing something correctly. I have my keyboard plugged in, my other controllers all work. My PCE controller also works fine with my other PCE SNAC adapter...it's just this thing.

View attachment 66885
User port on IO board. Digital or Analog…whichever.

But no port on the USB hub board will support the adapters

You then need to go into the supported core and enable the adapter. Some will be SNAC, some will be “serial”

If still not working use the “swap joystick” option as this will reassign the port. Cores can be picky about what port the SNAC adapter controller is on.

If none of that is working you either A) have a bad adapter or 2 ) a way old IO board. What rev PCB add you YAJ f.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
User port on IO board. Digital or Analog…whichever.

But no port on the USB hub board will support the adapters

You then need to go into the supported core and enable the adapter. Some will be SNAC, some will be “serial”

If still not working use the “swap joystick” option as this will reassign the port. Cores can be picky about what port the SNAC adapter controller is on.

If none of that is working you either A) have a bad adapter or 2 ) a way old IO board. What rev PCB add you YAJ f.

That did it!~ Thanks! So, is it not possible to use this for the menu controls? It seems like it only works in the game.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
From what i heard it cant control the menus, which makes the idea pretty useless.
It’s because the menus work on the overarching OS that the cores load from and there is no way to run those via serial. So yes the core menus will not function with the SNAC / SNAX adapters.

Just a hardware limitation of how the whole platform works. Truth be told I don’t use SNAC much but I do have it.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
That did it!~ Thanks! So, is it not possible to use this for the menu controls? It seems like it only works in the game.
Glad it worked. It’s not hard, but it’s “tricky” until you get it working once and remember the process

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
It’s because the menus work on the overarching OS that the cores load from and there is no way to run those via serial. So yes the core menus will not function with the SNAC / SNAX adapters.

Just a hardware limitation of how the whole platform works. Truth be told I don’t use SNAC much but I do have it.
The menu is a core itself, not part of linux

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
The menu is a core itself, not part of linux
It’s talking with the OS in so much as you can add lines of code into certain OS files that can pass a signal through to address the menu options…at least in some cores from what I’ve seen done

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Let's not discuss how Linux works with a senior Linux engineer, eh?