MISTer FPGA?

SC-ULTRA

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I guess its about convenience If you use it to play hardware you already have. PITA systems like Naomi were determined not possible. Haven't turned it on in months.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I love when update all installed 2 of each core. Just what I needed!

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Too bad you had to run it again 1 day later to fix it.
Worst thing that happened to my MiSTer was a fresh install because my micro SD died during warranty.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Does anyone here own and wear a Ghostbusters or back to the future t-shirt?
I got you, fam. I bought this in Barcelona back in 2017. I really need a new one. It’s gone to hell and frayed as fuck.

IMG_7113.jpeg

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I love when update all installed 2 of each core. Just what I needed!

Yeah I think this happened with the Genesis core. I thought that was odd. I really need to get busy and move all the ROMs to my NAS and set that up, that way if the SD card dies or they "update" a core and it fucks everything up, I can start from scratch and not have to worry about re-transferring gigabutts of ROMs and CHDs.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I bought one, updated it, loaded a bunch of games, ran it a few times and put it away.

If I can't be fucked playing it on that thing then I can't justify buying the real deal.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
So how does this work?

Do you just insert the chip and it looks for the rom on the SD card and plays it automatically?

I think so? Or its like one of those NFC cards like amiibos.

deviljin102

Zero's Secretary
10 Year Member
So how does this work?

Do you just insert the chip and it looks for the rom on the SD card and plays it automatically?
It "handshakes" with the code embedded in the card to make it load the game in question from the sd card automatically.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
So how does this work?

There’s an NFC reader behind the bezel. It’s strong enough to to detect the card being inserted into that stand. Smoke and mirrors really.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Maybe someday in the future we'll get a menu that lists every system and game available. Dare to dream.
Doesnt the menu already do that?

I think on an arcade cab is down + start, or up+start and that brings up the OSD.