Minneapolis is going to disband the police department

Marek

Banned
I feel like when I have talked about a hard reset for the country before I got a lot of 'so you would go back to slavery?' kinda replies. Maybe I could get a few more takers these days.

I'm sure you did since you peddle in inflexible absolutes

I dont know why I'm replying to you. You're voting for Trump in a swing state and should be fucking ashamed of yourself.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I think you underestimate how much surplus ammunition there is. Or how quickly that would boost the economy.
I wasn't saying it like it was a bad thing. If it looked like it was going to come to pass, the very first thing I do even before buying a gun would be to invest whatever I had in General Dynamics, Northrop, Remington, whatever, assuming they're publicly traded.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Repeal and replace?

Sounds very useful for the enemies of America, useful for the cowards who hide in their authoritarian governments, and useful for the small who see no path upward but through the chaos of a burning house.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Sounds very useful for the enemies of America, useful for the cowards who hide in their authoritarian governments, and useful for the small who see no path upward but through the chaos of a burning house.

These things will only be feasible if there is a paradigm shift on a global scale.
When the aliens come

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
I wasn't saying it like it was a bad thing. If it looked like it was going to come to pass, the very first thing I do even before buying a gun would be to invest whatever I had in General Dynamics, Northrop, Remington, whatever, assuming they're publicly traded.

I wouldn't invest in GD or Northrop. They are both terrible and piss off their customers more than not.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member

So you think it is possible to unwind the giant ball of knotted yarn that is the federal government to get at the core?

Maybe some sort of built in expiration date for all laws wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. If people care enough to keep them, they'll reenact them. If they don't, then we have one less "Don't tie your horse to a post outside of a church on Sundays" sort of law on the books 150 years after its purpose has been served (if it ever served a purpose to begin with).

Just some decluttering of the federal statute book.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If there is a certain area that’s problematic now, it will continue to be a problem under a new constitution. Governments across the globe have displayed maladroitness under bureaucracy despite all the variances in their charters. Ours is still better than theirs. All of them. Even the French system (talking to The Roker).

To go further, say we change the Supreme Court to have a 10 year term limit, then we may see issues of inconsistency in the court rulings, cases overturned with more frequency. The result: a weaker rule of law.

Or let’s say we set all taxation through the states, which will in turn pay tribute to the federal government, allowing us to diminish the IRS to its proper size of a laptop computer weighing less than 7lbs. The result may likely be a diminished ability of the government to protect the rights of the people, and the states breaking off, such as Texas, finally putting its money where its mouth is.

So I worry that most of the changes that different people on each side are proposing will go down the worst possible path. The benefits are often limited to costs or feels, and not the safety, security, and happiness of the people.

I’m interested in changing the structure only so far as limiting the role of the federal government to regulation of the state governments and protecting the rights of people against states, while leaving police powers and welfare strictly in the hands of the states. At the moment, we see the federal government involved in determining if marijuana is schedule 1, if old people can be euthanized, or creating highway budget rules requiring uniform drinking ages. All of that is bullshit and unnecessary for a government that should be focused on the quality of life, the protection of rights, and a defense against any, even internal, who wish to subvert those rights.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Found this thread on Reddit started by a Chicago cop (allegedly) and thought it had some good ideas and perspective on reforms for custodial action and the 'warrior' mentality that many cops in these major metropolitan areas tend to exhibit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/chicago/co...lice/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Some of the users in that thread don’t even try to hide their MO, like overman123. And reddit, despite all the pretty talk about fighting hate, has no option for users to report white nationalism.

I tried to engage one of them before who had a similar username referencing WN lingo, and found that they are there in force. Makes reddit feel a bit Wild West I guess.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
'Overman123' feels like some 4chan shit.

I'm not really a fan of reddit but I keep an eye out for various threads relevant to situations that may impact my immediate region. Every once in a while, I find something worth reading. I thought the OP's ideas were intriguing possibilities for potential ways to.move forward.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
'Overman123' feels like some 4chan shit.

I'm not really a fan of reddit but I keep an eye out for various threads relevant to situations that may impact my immediate region. Every once in a while, I find something worth reading. I thought the OP's ideas were intriguing possibilities for potential ways to.move forward.

Reddit has a lot of astroturfing.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I mean, at least /r/The_Donald got quarantined. Too bad it took four years. The level of propaganda there was so insane and unfortunately very effective.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I mean, at least /r/The_Donald got quarantined. Too bad it took four years. The level of propaganda there was so insane and unfortunately very effective.

The members of the_donald just resurfaced in other shitpostholes, like wallstreetbets

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Getting rid of police is retarded. Maybe they mean de-militarizing police. Or maybe they're retarded.

I'd go with retarded. I'm thinking they'll try to work along the lines of a PMC, something like the DOD/CIA did with Blackwater (Academi) which was a fucking international disaster.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Did Camden NJ's go at this worked out? Haven't seen any studies on the decline of crime or anything since they disbanded their police force in 2013 as mentioned by john Oliver.

Yeah watch this (sounds like most of you haven't):

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Yeah watch this (sounds like most of you haven't):

So what if we haven't? I bet you haven't watched Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song. Who cares?

Also, I don't frequently agree with John Oliver's perspective. I'm 100% behind this though.