Michigan members! Arcade auction in Kzoo 4/17

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Superauctions will be in Kalamazoo on Saturday April 17th. If you're looking for a Neo cab it's a great way to find one. At the last one in Kzoo there were 3 neo's (one of which is in my basement now :cool: ). Other SNK cabs were 2 Guerrilla War's and a Lee Trevino's Fighting Golf cab. Even if you're not looking to buy a cab it's fun just to go and play on everything there.
Some friends and I will be going and if anyone wants to meet up it'd be all the more fun.
You can check the superauctions site here

SuperGunGuru

Galford's Armourer
Yeah should be a good time for all. I'll be there with Firebomber and some other friends looking for a good project game.

Last edited:

hateful_liar

Armored Scrum Object
Yeah, I've been planning to attend this for the last couple months. Mind if I ask you guys how around much the neo and street fighter cabs were going for last year? I've managed to save up about $600. I'd really like to get one of each if I can. Also, do you remember if there were any of the japanese cabs there? Thanks and hope to see you guys there.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
$600 will be more than enough to get at least one nice cab and you might be able to squeeze two out of that if you're lucky.

One of the biggest factors in the price of cabs at the auctions is when they are sold. All of the cabs at the start go for much higher on average than the cabs sold at the end. So hope that the cab you have an eye on is near the end ;) Of the 3 neo cabs there last time the most expensive was the conversion 2 slot that sold for $480 just because it was near the beginning of the auction. The other two cabs in muuuch nicer condition went for less ($375 2 slot, $460 4 slot)

There were around 4 SF2 cabs that sold for $100 to around $250 depending on condition. There were two CPS2 cabs (one XvsSF and one MvC) as well and i believe they sold for around $300. There was a SF3 cab in nice shape that went for $300.

There weren't any Japanese cabs last time. It's pretty much all US stuff, except for maybe some slot machines.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
If I had the room, I'd be there in a second

too freakin' bad

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Too bad you have no room for a cab. I was just barely able to make space for mine. I wish I had a picture of my father's face when i told him to come downstairs to my room (he didn't know I had bought it). I'm suprised I'm still alive.

A meet up would be great guys. Plus it's always good to have extra eyes to make sure the auctioneer doesn't take bids from invisible men :emb:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I'm going supergun

cabs are:

dirty

big

and most need work

I came close to buying one last year at a local Little Ceasers (for some reason almost every Little Ceasers has one) but it would have need some major work done to it (overlay, painting, led indicators, buttons and joysticks replaced, etc.)

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Yeah i know what you mean. I've done a lot of work on my cab and there's still a lot to do. Working on the cab becomes a hobby in and of itself.

I'm gonna make a SG eventually too. As much as I love my cab, it's not exactly portable.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
firebomber said:
Yeah i know what you mean. I've done a lot of work on my cab and there's still a lot to do. Working on the cab becomes a hobby in and of itself.

I'm gonna make a SG eventually too. As much as I love my cab, it's not exactly portable.

And I'll have a nice Red Neo Geo 2 or 4 slot one day

with the light up mini marquees, the led coin counters, headphone jack, and memory card reader

SuperGunGuru

Galford's Armourer
It'd be cool to have us meet there. I have to agree with firebomber and say that working on your cabs can become a hobby and be lots of fun and hardly a chore at all. The biggest problem I have is to stop playing them so i can work on them ;) I was very surprised that the 2 slot conversion was that much, but I guess some people didn't bother to look around and see the better neo cabs there. I'd guess they were n00bs that didn't know much about cabs and obvioulsy not the neo. But yes if you bring 600 you can get at least one good cab, maybe more. What we'll see there depends on whatever anyone decides to bring to sell. I've thought about selling one of mine before, but don't have the heart to do it. :mr_t:

Last edited:

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Bumping this up in case someone missed it.
It's this Saturday!
Go for the games, stay for the laughs. Listen to the auctioneer ramble on about stuff he doesn't know ("A neo geo.. what is that a 5, 4, 3 slot?) Marvel at the fact that everything wrong with a game is because of a "power supply problem." And never fear because even if it won't boot "They ALL worked last night."

SuperGunGuru

Galford's Armourer
Marvel at the auctioneer's excitement over a converted Mortal kombat! "Mercy, only 225 for a Mortal Kombat! You guys are tight!"

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
damn, I wish

one of these days it'll be

oh yes, it will

firebomber

Astra Superstar
I seriously wish you were allowed to take movies at these things. The shit that happens is just too funny sometimes. The combination of people that don't know a thing about arcade cabs with a willingness to pay anything just to have a game leads to great things.

There was a stick on a 4 slot there that was missing the ball so it was just the metal shaft sticking up. The guy starts flicking it around and then asks me if it was some type of special Baseball controller stick :spock:

Or when I was checking out a converted 2 slot and some random guy walks up to me and yells "You know this doesnt have a memory card?!?"
Was he trying to kill the competition for the cab? Who knows, but he just walked away and I didn't see him again.

Oh and if you get bored you can always walk around and play "guess the burn in." This is where you look at the monitors in converted cabs and try to figure out what they stole the monitor from.

SuperGunGuru

Galford's Armourer
Yeah that pisses me off how they don't let you take pictures. My digital camera is small enough that I might be able to get away with something, like at least record the auctioneer in action. They wouldn't even be smart enough to know it was a camera, let alone that it was on.

Sundance

Sho's Rival
Man..these fuggerz need to have an auction in my neck of the woods..there all on the Eastside of teh country.

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
Sundance said:
Man..these fuggerz need to have an auction in my neck of the woods..there all on the Eastside of teh country.

A-greed, god dammit. I have been waiting for at least 6 months for them to announce one in the Denver area...

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
Sundance said:
I woulndn't hold your breath, Orochi Iori Y. I don't think its gonna happen in our lifetimes. :( The only place i've seen selling anything Neo Geo related is www.fossco.com up in Golden. http://stores.ebay.com/Foss-General-Store

Yea, I have seen their stuff too... thought about getting one of their four slots, but they are a bit expensive... and they don't have pics of the actual machine in the ebay auction at least some of the time. I went and checked out their store a few months ago, pretty cool place they have there. For now I am just doing a consolized MVS 1 slot and keeping an eye out for a decent 2 or 4 slot cab for a good price. Eventually one will show up... ;) They have been trying to sell that 2-slot gold forever! Pretty clean looking machine, but I am certain you could get a better deal at an auction. I'm not the biggest fan of the gold cabs design compared to the "red" or more traditional cab design either.

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Do they ever just sell the MVS carts at these auctions? I don't need a cab, just the carts.

Tempest

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
The last amusement auction in Denver that I know of was in December 1996 :eek_2: I picked an assload of good JAMMA PCBs for $50 back then. There was one in Ft Collins last summer, but I didn't get to go. The Next Denver auction? Maybe when hell freezes over :oh_no:

firebomber

Astra Superstar
I've never seen any bare PCBs sold let alone MVS carts.
There probably were a lot sold back in the day but now most sellers would just as soon put the smaller pcbs on ebay.

They do auction off bags of tokens, but that's about it ;)

SuperGunGuru

Galford's Armourer
firebomber said:
I've never seen any bare PCBs sold let alone MVS carts.
There probably were a lot sold back in the day but now most sellers would just as soon put the smaller pcbs on ebay.

They do auction off bags of tokens, but that's about it ;)

don't forget teh slot machines. If you go to an auction, it's possible to meet people that could sell you just carts.