mexican piracy - weird mvs board.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
ok I know very little about these things but this bit of kit looks kind of strange.
someone is selling this in Mexico and the only info they provide is that it works.shitty image ahoy
is this some sort of boot? where there pirated boards too?

Screen shot 2016-12-17 at 4.12.31 PM.png

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
yeah, I had little doubt it was a boot, just never came across such a thing in all these years

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
yeah, boards were bootlegged too. Pretty interesting stuff if you think about it... a testimony to how good SNK did once.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I own one of those now in a painted white shell...somebody try to consolize it and now there are joy ports affixed on to the shell.It works but there is a loose connection somewhere so it resets itself randomly from time to time.I just haven't bothered troubleshooting it so it sits.....until I get inspired to mess with it.
BB

Tanooki

War Room Troll
That I think may be the same exact board that Thieery Henry has who got active here recently. He had posted pictures of it up on Racketboy and I kept encouraging him to come over here, and he remembered having an account and making some post about it too along with some games which ended up a mix of legit and boots too. That board while decent has issues as I know he was talking about some games just not wanting to work or work right I forget which.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Has anyone seen the MV-1C boards that look exactly the same as a legit board except instead of 'MADE IN JAPAN' it has 'NEW CHANNEL' silk screened on the board? Has the SNK logo and manufacture date and all too...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Has anyone seen the MV-1C boards that look exactly the same as a legit board except instead of 'MADE IN JAPAN' it has 'NEW CHANNEL' silk screened on the board? Has the SNK logo and manufacture date and all too...

That isn't a bootleg though. Just different run of the boards from SNK. The bootleg MV1Cs are very obvious.