Metroid Prime : Hunters rant

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Why the fuck did they make it a deathmatch game? It's bad enough the series got trashed by goign to 3d (yeah, I know I'm in the minority) but this is RIDICULOUS!

...then a PINBALL GAME?

...AFTER a *shitty* rehash game and a linear piece of shit in fusion?

Is nintendo trying very hard to bury SM and m2 that badly that they are avoiding anything but making a "real" metroid game?

Fuck.. the game looks like garbage.. utter garbage.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
prime 3 for rev !

lol

they need a better thing than metroid for FPS pimping

but what?

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I think NOA is just trying to give Americans what they like: FPS.

Can you blame them for trying to stay profitable?

I'll make my assessment when the game comes out though, right now there's just way too many rumours swirling around the title that I'll hold back my judgement.

DIY

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I wouldn't call Metriod Zero a shitty rehash. I'd say it was a quite good rehash.

Tacitus

Staff member
bokmeow said:
I think NOA is just trying to give Americans what they like: FPS.

Can you blame them for trying to stay profitable?

I'll make my assessment when the game comes out though, right now there's just way too many rumours swirling around the title that I'll hold back my judgement.

I can't blame them for being profitable, but I can if they're dumbing themselves down to the lowest common denominator for the sake of making a buck off of a beloved series.

I commited myself to replaying Prime again this weekend to see if it got any better... I'm not hopeful.

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I think one of the reasons the game has been delayed so much is Nintendo realized it needed major improvements in order to be up to snuff. Personally, if the controls on the finished product are anthing like the demo, I will most likely throw my DS against the wall out of frustration. It was like I needed a third hand. Anyway, I am sure the game will be special with it comes out.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
VanillaThunder said:
Why the fuck did they make it a deathmatch game? It's bad enough the series got trashed by goign to 3d (yeah, I know I'm in the minority) but this is RIDICULOUS!

...then a PINBALL GAME?

Is nintendo trying very hard to bury SM and m2 that badly that they are avoiding anything but making a "real" metroid game?

Fuck.. the game looks like garbage.. utter garbage.

You may be in the minority but I am there with you. I can not stand MP 1 or MP 2. How did the series go from the greatness of Super Metroid ( I also loved the Nes Metroid) to Metroid Prime 1 & 2? I usually don't mind Nintendo whoring out their great classics but why Metroid?

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
VanillaThunder said:
I can't blame them for being profitable, but I can if they're dumbing themselves down to the lowest common denominator for the sake of making a buck off of a beloved series.

They don't actually care about dumbing down, as long as they make the money. When will people realise this? If firms were as passionate about games as fans are there only be like 3 games released a year.

Cash is king.

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
Hey, Zero was damn good! But I never played the 3D Metroids on my Cube, don't have much interest in them.

So Hunters is confirmed to be deathmatch based? Is there no adventure/story type mode as well? Has to be...?

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
If you check out sites like samus.co.uk, you would know that Hunters goes far beyond a simple deathmatch game. The single player mode is apparently substantial.
"Apparently".
I will wait for the game to come out before I pass judgement.

But don't write it off just yet. I for one am pleased about how it's shaping up versus how the demo was.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
I agree that Metroid Hunters isnt a death match, it has that stuff as multiplayer, but the main bulk will be a great 3D adventure im sure, the demo was enough to seriously wet my appetite.

And Zero GBA was amazing, shame i got stuck :(

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Baseley09 said:
I agree that Metroid Hunters isnt a death match, it has that stuff as multiplayer, but the main bulk will be a great 3D adventure im sure, the demo was enough to seriously wet my appetite.

And Zero GBA was amazing, shame i got stuck :(

I agree...I liked Zero quite a bit. It didn't bring any new ideas to the series, but it certainly added a lot of pep to the original game.
I myself am a big fan of the Prime series and I hope NST does a good job on Hunters.
So far, all the movies and screens look very promising.

Also, re: Pinball.

I think it looks fun, and if you read the gamefaqs boards for the game, one user who played it at E3 said that it wasn't entirely a pinball game.

I'm pretty sure I'll be buying both DS Metroids unless the reviews are all around shitty.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
What are you talking about?

They finished the game and delayed it to add on the Wifi Connection support because without online the game would pretty much suck.

And I dont know what demo you were playing Eldios, but there were like five different control schemes. The default one sucked, but if you switched it to one of the other modes it was fine (aka, Move with the thumb strap, Tap to jump, R to shoot)

Tacitus

Staff member
Nesagwa said:
What are you talking about?

They finished the game and delayed it to add on the Wifi Connection support because without online the game would pretty much suck.

And I dont know what demo you were playing Eldios, but there were like five different control schemes. The default one sucked, but if you switched it to one of the other modes it was fine (aka, Move with the thumb strap, Tap to jump, R to shoot)

I can't bring myself to buy this game. I watched the official nintendo trailers today and it's just not intriguing.

Someone told me today there is going to be a fully qualified 1p scenario. Anyone else hear this?

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
VanillaThunder said:

I've got to disagree with you here. I thought Zero Mission was brilliant. It was exceedingly fun to play, and had many clever twists on the original game.

Fusion was indeed a bit linear for my tastes, but the element of being stalked by an "evil Samus" added a good atmosphere to the game.

Hunters looks interesting so far. I will also wait to see it in person until I pass judgment.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
the game looks really good. if i still liked games, id definitely be excited.

iamyagami22

Viewpoint Vigilante
Kid Aphex said:
the game looks really good. if i still liked games, id definitely be excited.

You're blind, this game has terrible graphics and horrible gameplay.