Metal Slug XX (XBLA) - May 19th

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Played online, and it is not good. The lag causes all your inputs to register late. It's no way to play a fast precision game like this. It's because the whole game is streaming live in real time over the net across both consoles. I suppose hiding the lag by making both systems play independently and communicate about what's getting damaged would take too much reprogramming, and wouldn't be realistic for a release like this. Oh well. Back to offline, just like the other Slugs.

Kibagami-Howard

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Played online, and it is not good. The lag causes all your inputs to register late. It's no way to play a fast precision game like this. It's because the whole game is streaming live in real time over the net across both consoles. I suppose hiding the lag by making both systems play independently and communicate about what's getting damaged would take too much reprogramming, and wouldn't be realistic for a release like this. Oh well. Back to offline, just like the other Slugs.

You played online!? I couldn't even play because everytime someone tried to join my room they was kicked and everytime I tried to join another person's game I was kicked:(

elixir

NAM-75 Vet

So it's just like 3, then. Funny how SNK never seem to learn from their mistakes, they're just like Taito with all XBLA stuff.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Doesn't give me much hope for the NGBC / KOF2002UM netcode. Not that I had much hope at this point...

LordG_9

Marked Wolf
I really enjoy the snk games that are on XBL.I believe this is what the 5th installment(?)

Is this worth coping??

Kibagami-Howard

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I really enjoy the snk games that are on XBL.I believe this is what the 5th installment(?)

Is this worth coping??

Its alright to me I'd say its only for huge MS fans. Ralf and Clark are on it which made me buy it to be honest.

Jaylb

Banned, CASEY McMAHON, a.k.a. Japhei, known crimin

Is this worth coping??

Yes it is worth getting. This is a remix of the 7th game that was originally released as Metal Slug 7 on Nintendo DS.

i also got this game. i'm also up for some run and gun shooting if anybody wants to join me on XBL.

So i'm guessing by the replies here that offline its good but the online is just not happening. Brought a 360 at the weekend and was thinking of buying this, now i'm not sure.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
So i'm guessing by the replies here that offline its good but the online is just not happening. Brought a 360 at the weekend and was thinking of buying this, now i'm not sure.
Bottom line is do you want to play MS7 or not? If you haven't played the older games, you're better off just playing those first.

Bottom line is do you want to play MS7 or not? If you haven't played the older games, you're better off just playing those first.

Fair enough. I have played the older games and enjoyed them alot. There are also a couple more (i think) on XBLA so where would you rate this against the others available for download?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Fair enough. I have played the older games and enjoyed them alot. There are also a couple more (i think) on XBLA so where would you rate this against the others available for download?
MS3? I think it's online. Otherwise why play it on the 360?

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Leona is now available as a downloadable character (price : 80 MS points). She has special melee attacks from KOF and she also uses her earring explosives as grenades.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Leona is now available as a downloadable character (price : 80 MS points). She has special melee attacks from KOF and she also uses her earring explosives as grenades.

thats pretty awesome, i'll have to check her sprite out.

played this game a bit on the weekend, pretty disappointed. not really much thought went into enemy placement, or interesting level design.

the later part of the game boils down to endless variations of the classic "5 choppers on top, ground troops flooding in from both sides" laziness.

some quality boss sprites, but they still cut and paste them into mulitple versions. [mining robot for example]

also, how about you let me fucking turn off the smooth filter?

this being SNKP's 5th metal slug outing, I was really hoping they were going to pull it together...

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is this game on wii ware as well? Could this title be made into an MVS cart via xbla file or wii files?

Clessy

Banned
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is this game on wii ware as well? Could this title be made into an MVS cart via xbla file or wii files?

No its not on wii and no it couldnt. Yes that was a stupid question.

Last edited:

Fett

Camel Slug
It is on PSP with a much wider aspect ratio however, and Leona is pretty uber.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
On PSP, Leona is still DLC. They have her seriously overpowered as incentive for paying the download.

Mathius

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Well, maybe we will get a version on a future SNK Classics Collection w/ the issues addressed. I don't have a CMVS or a converter yet so I am relagated to playing the "Slugs" on the PS2 version of Metal Slug Anthology. What wouldn't I give for one of those adapters that lets me use an old-style stick on my PS2.