METAL SLUG X PSX PORT

Kid Fenris

Rugal's Thug
10 Year Member
Now, SSIII is an odd one. Sure, the PS1 ports are - hands down - terrible. However, I'm unsure which 'version' you guys got in the USA? The reason I say this is that I have BOTH the PAL & JP versions of SSIII, of which the PAL version is the version I 'grew up' with. However, the JP version is definitely the worst of the two. It's just utterly unplayable. However, although the animation is arguable worse in the PAL version, I think they may have activated some sort of frameskip which keeps the action moving at a consistent rate. Whilst both versions look like shit (re: animation quality) SSIII on PAL PS1 is DEFINITELY infinitely more playable than the NTSC/JP copy I have. The two versions are slightly different too (re: options menu items amongst other things).

I think North America got the slightly improved version of Samurai Shodown III for the PSX, same as the UK did.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
PSOne Real Bout Fatal Fury JP has a tremendous piece of history within the pages, something not shown anywhere else.

Anyway, talking about horrible SNK ports, nothing, nothing ever!!! Beats the Fatal Fury 3 port for the Saturn, oh god! That's right up there with X-Men Children of the Atom for PSX, samsho 3 PSX USA beats those 2 tenfold.

b-blanco

Cheng's Errand Boy
10 Year Member
Back in the day when a Neo wasn't in my near future some of these PSX ports were pretty decent. The arranged soundtracks and extra features made up for some of the other shortcomings they had.

Samurai Showdown IV: Not a bad port considerable step up from SS3.

Samurai Showdown III:Shit

Samurai Showdown Fencing Pack:Pretty solid and was the only way to play SS2 besides the Neo or the PC port.

KOF 95:Don't remember it to well but I think it was alright from what I remember.

KOF 98:Decent playable port.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
How about Metal Slug Antology on PSP? I think it's laggy. Does anyone agree?

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Samurai Showdown Fencing Pack:Pretty solid and was the only way to play SS2 besides the Neo or the PC port.

I'll second this. Samurai Shodown 1 is virtually perfect, and SS2 is really, really close. Some very minimal frame loss in the characters and some (Genjuro's) backgrounds.