Who?,
20 Year Member
hokutoshinken:
us aes
1 credit
stage 4
tarma
normal difficulty
god i play that game like everyday, lately i have been getting up while my girlfriend is sleeping so that she doesnt bitch about having to see the same game all of the time. getting to around the trains part on 1 life is like clockwork for me, but once i hit those fucking tunnels and the guys jump and shit i always seem to die and fuck up my whole game!
one credit ??

Yeah right... unless the last "4" into your score Is a typo... :rolleyes:

hokutoshinken

Crossed Swords Squire
i thought to myself "why would he say that?" i went back and got 2,405,924 and died at the last boss on the 3rd board, i guess if had beaten him and got a bonus for all of the hostages and having the plane, it would have pushed me well over 3 million. so maybe it was the 3rd board, i had written it down a month or so ago. i guess you can believe what you want, maybe ill try again and take a pic for you if you really think im some kind of douche bag liar who tries to impress dudes with my metal slug high score. i did think that if i lied more people would be my friend crying

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
hokutoshinken:
i thought to myself "why would he say that?" i went back and got 2,405,924 and died at the last boss on the 3rd board, i guess if had beaten him and got a bonus for all of the hostages and having the plane, it would have pushed me well over 3 million. so maybe it was the 3rd board, i had written it down a month or so ago. i guess you can believe what you want, maybe ill try again and take a pic for you if you really think im some kind of douche bag liar who tries to impress dudes with my metal slug high score. i did think that if i lied more people would be my friend crying
It's not that we don't beleive you.
It's that this is just the truth.

Look at this thread at another forum:

<a href="http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=675&perpage=30&pagenumber=1" target="_blank">http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=675&perpage=30&pagenumber=1</a>

they all use one credit. Look at the last digit,
it's a 0 all the way. Coincidence? I think not.

1 credit = 3 or 5 lives. You use more than that
and your last digit will change. PERIOD.

Thank You,

Jorge

hokutoshinken

Crossed Swords Squire
you are right, everyones does have a 0. thats funny. but if i continue, my score resets doesnt it? maybe not. i get pissed off if i die, and i have beaten it so many times i usually only ever play with one life. you guys are paying attention. ill play again tonight when my girl gets stoned and falls asleep and see.

SNKJorge

hokutoshinken:
you are right, everyones does have a 0. thats funny. but if i continue, my score resets doesnt it? maybe not. i get pissed off if i die, and i have beaten it so many times i usually only ever play with one life. you guys are paying attention. ill play again tonight when my girl gets stoned and falls asleep and see.
Well after you getting busted, now is Bullet's turn.
I will delete your score btw. Will leave bullet's for
Proof. smirk

Thank You,

Jorge

<small>[ June 30, 2003, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: xtoo_short20x ]</small>

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
It's common knowledge (at least I thought) if you continue or somebody joins your game that your score will go up 1 point per time (in most games anyway). You've been gutted, my friend.

hokutoshinken

Crossed Swords Squire
got up at 7 am to prove you guys wrong. high score? 1,810,720. coincidence? no 2nd time 1,330,330. uhh, im a total douche. maybe i just couldnt see across the room well enough the first two times maybe im a complete asshole. i can beat the scores i gave you i know it. i need a pic to redeem myself i guess

SNKJorge

hokutoshinken:
got up at 7 am to prove you guys wrong. high score? 1,810,720. coincidence? no 2nd time 1,330,330. uhh, im a total douche. maybe i just couldnt see across the room well enough the first two times maybe im a complete asshole. i can beat the scores i gave you i know it. i need a pic to redeem myself i guess
Sounds a lot better than your first try when used
more than 1 credit...

Will add it to the scores later.

Anyone else?

Bullet where are you? smirk

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Oh well, I'll give it a try when I go back to Barcelona, but there's no way in hell I can beat that game with only 1 credit (well... I did once... but playing in my MVS I can have up to 99 lifes :D ) with the 3 standar lifes by default... If I'm lucky I'll be able to make it to the 4th stage and around 2M points.

Are you going to do this for MS and MS3 too?

And yes, in the Metal Slug games (and many other arcade ones) your score is not reseted when you continue and 1 point is added instead. Since all other scores are added in multiples of 10, the last figure in your score will tell the number of continues used (as long as you don't use more than 9 of course).

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Fran:
level 5 boss

DAmn! I can't believe you died there... It's the easiest boss of the game IMHO!!! eek!

You lost your Slugnoid or something ? :confused:

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
i hate level 5
it really frustrates me
yeah,even the initial bit before the tunnel

i usually lose at least 1
if not 2 lives
because of those trains

and if i manage to escape from the tunnel
those exploding beasts or the boss
take care of my last life

same thing in slug 2

level 5 = ouch

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Fran:
i hate level 5
it really frustrates me
yeah,even the initial bit before the tunnel

i usually lose at least 1
if not 2 lives
because of those trains

and if i manage to escape from the tunnel
those exploding beasts or the boss
take care of my last life

same thing in slug 2

level 5 = ouch
All I can do for ye Is giving you some tips !

While you're inside the Slug ( before the tunnel of course ), fo the "get out, get in" trick to avoid being damaged. GRAB ALL THE GRENADES you can by jumping out of the slug. keep them. You can't die here. try to save the most of your ammo to get in the tunnel.

Stay crouched the most of your time there. when the Boss from Slug 1 appears, unload tons of grenades on it.

well... the metro-trains... you don't really need a super weapon here. you'll have to fire just as quick as you can and avoid the soldiers. If you're fat, you'll die easily coz' your shots are slower. In the last 2 trains, just keep firing at them, them when they are almost crushing you, step back. A soldier will appear, kill him and he'll leave a Super Grenade gun. you'll blow easily the last fucking trains.

The Mutants... well, they're less harder than the other tunnel part.

They'll only kill when they blow. And they only blow when they hit the ground. they NEVER explode over the walls. tricks ? "get out, get in" of the Slugnoid. Stay standing on your position and move the vulcans of your Slugnoid to make your way cleaner of those jerks. I never walk away without killing them all ( yeah, I know I'm a score whore ! :) )

Walk slowly, the timer is big enough to avoid getting killed by the clock. smirk

SNKJorge

Updated scores...

Thanks for those of you who have participated. :)

@Amano, I will probably do one for each slug. Just
want to maintain this first one as much as possible
to see if we can get some more people to participate.

Thank You,

Jorge

Final Soldier

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Add mine please.

System : Neo Geo CD.
Dificulty : Normal
Score : 3,276,280
Stage : 5
POW's : don't know.

1 credit / 3 lives

eye

SNKJorge

Final Soldier:
Add mine please.

1 credit / 3 lives

eye
Did you play Metal Slug 2?

The NGCD does not have MSX. wink

Final Soldier

Kuroko's Training Dummy
xtoo_short20x:
Final Soldier:
Add mine please.

1 credit / 3 lives

eye
Did you play Metal Slug 2?

The NGCD does not have MSX. wink
OOOPS ! Forget my mistake! Yes it's 2 instaed of X. Does it count too ? the game is basicly the same ! :)

Thank you Jorge! :cool:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Hmmm... I don't think so.

Plus, the location of some secrets are diferent as well as the scoring In general.

You can probably be very good at 2 and X , but the scoring is pretty much diferent In both games. wink

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
Final Soldier:
[QB] Add mine please.

System Neo Geo CD.
Wooooohhoooooo that was a good one. lol buttrock

Don’t worry, a MS2 contest will be made wink

<small>[ July 08, 2003, 04:27 AM: Message edited by: Pep ]</small>

SNKJorge

Pretty similar but not close enough.

I will makesure to add a Metal Slug 2
High Scores thread, all of the Slugs will
be added eventually and will make sure to
add your score as well.

Thank You,

Jorge

SNKJorge

Just got a new record in MSX:

3. xtoo_short20x

Difficulty= Normal
Credit= 1
Score= 3,085,900
Soldier= Marco
Mission= 5th
Console/System= JP Homecart

I would have gotten more, but I got killed
on the third stage, and all my damn
POW's were thrown to the garbage, making
my overall score less. crying

SNKJorge

Well, now that it has been almost one month since
I posted this thread. I will enter the scores
for Metal Slug X in a separate web-page.

What Slug should we play next? glee

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
update please !

MVS mode - Level 8

2 Lives , 93 Pow's rescued.

Tarma soldier. wink

Master Giby... I'll top ypur score !! loco Hard task, but I will ! :D ( I hope ! hehe )

<small>[ July 20, 2003, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: Atrophyed ]</small>