Metal slug, original AES or conversion?

pixa

n00b
leGionellz said:
I have a feeling that we are being tested to see if this conversion is sellable as the real deal.

I do not think this being a conversion is a surprise to all of us.. :shame:

Beside that, too many Slug 1's have been popping up lately. This might be version 2 of the carts which Supergoose posted a link to.

All I can say is; be careful !

I dont want to sell it
I WANT TO GET MY MONEY BACK NOW

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
Guys,

I think you need to cut pixa some slack. I haven't seen him try to sell the cart. He is most probably a newbie & is asking for some assistance.

You people don't make it easy for new members.

This is not flame bait, just try to keep an open mind.

32 posts, eh? Why would someone with 32 posts already be so hardcore as to waste $1300? Oh wait, because our friend Pixa here is a fucking scammer.

I fail to see why having a high post count here makes you hardcore or unlikely to spend $1300 on a game.

I have less than 20 posts here but I would 'waste' $1300+ on a game if I wanted it and have invested many years and a damn lot of money on various gaming systems and software.

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
Kenny Boy said:
Guys,

I think you need to cut pixa some slack. I haven't seen him try to sell the cart. He is most probably a newbie & is asking for some assistance.

You people don't make it easy for new members.

This is not flame bait, just try to keep an open mind.

Maybe I'm just seeing ghosts, but who in the world would sell someone a slug 1 and allow him to open it (while obviously he hasn't much technical knowledge on the subject) and offer him to take it back if it's a conversion ?

There's not many people who can open an aes cart without leaving traces. Would you take back a slug 1 with scratches and traces ?

I didn't think so.

pixa

n00b
Actually my problem is:
I opened the game, and now the seller tells me he won t send me my money back if i hve opened it.

But it was really easy to open (too easy, just like if someone has opened it many times before, and i didn 't make any scratch nor trace, only had to use my fingers ...)

I m afraid that i ll never see my money back...

pixa said:
Actually my problem is:
I opened the game, and now the seller tells me he won t send me my money back if i hve opened it.

But it was really easy to open (too easy, just like if someone has opened it many times before, and i didn 't make any scratch nor trace, only had to use my fingers ...)

Go to his shop and get your money back!

Even if he says you have to keep the cart because you opened it
he can only charge you the price of a conversion, not all the money you paid for an original cart.

pixa

n00b
He is not in his shop today.
i have to phoen him tomorrow, i will tell you the end of the story...:spock: :oh_no: :blow_top:

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
pixa said:
Actually my problem is:

Of course you'll never see your money back......
All you see is METAL SLUG :tickled:

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
leGionellz said:
Maybe I'm just seeing ghosts, but who in the world would sell someone a slug 1 and allow him to open it (while obviously he hasn't much technical knowledge on the subject) and offer him to take it back if it's a conversion ?

There's not many people who can open an aes cart without leaving traces. Would you take back a slug 1 with scratches and traces ?

I didn't think so.

I do understand your point leGionellz. All I was saying is that some are too quick to make assumptions.

Now that it has been opened it *could* have been tampered with. I can relate to the seller's policy.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
pixa said:
Actually my problem is:

Why the hell did you tell him you opened the cart? The insert was enough to prove it's a conversion, as I've shown above.

pixa

n00b
I didn ' tell him, but i think he knows this forum...
He sent me a mail saying there s no problem he will pay me back except if i have opened the cart...

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
pixa said:
Actually my problem is:

Pixa,

well after reading that and seeing your most recent pics on your website, it is most definitely conversion. This sucks total ass. I should have asked before how easy it was to open:emb:

I also noticed on some of your pics there are solder burn marks on the boards and like KPJ said, some flux. Machine soldered connections don't leave marks like that.

Sorry about your situation, I hope things work out for you.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
bananaman said:
I fail to see why having a high post count here makes you hardcore or unlikely to spend $1300 on a game.

I have less than 20 posts here but I would 'waste' $1300+ on a game if I wanted it and have invested many years and a damn lot of money on various gaming systems and software.

Just like you said, you would be willing to waste $1300+ on a game "IF you had wanted it, and your previous experience with games overall has NOTHING to do with the Neo as a collectible. You proved my point, so shut the fuck up. Don't even take the time to respond unless you are going to take a picture of yourself with a ridiculously high priced homecart and rub it in my face. You are a newbie who didn't throw down the cash, just like every other newbie with a low post count.....just like pixa. Your low post count has everything to do with it, whether you like it or not.

In the end I was correct, was I not. Pixa is a fucking pussy scammer. He has a collection that consists of only 6 $30-$50 games, so why in the hell would he run out and throw down $1300 on a game that he already owns the MVS of when he still has such a meager collection? Oh yeah, because that MVS cart he owned is now a conversion AES cart. End of story.

ResOGlas said:
Just like you said, you would be willing to waste $1300+ on a game "IF you had wanted it, and your previous experience with games overall has NOTHING to do with the Neo as a collectible. You proved my point, so shut the fuck up. Don't even take the time to respond unless you are going to take a picture of yourself with a ridiculously high priced homecart and rub it in my face. You are a newbie who didn't throw down the cash, just like every other newbie with a low post count.....just like pixa. Your low post count has everything to do with it, whether you like it or not.

In the end I was correct, was I not. Pixa is a fucking pussy scammer. He has a collection that consists of only 6 $30-$50 games, so why in the hell would he run out and throw down $1300 on a game that he already owns the MVS of when he still has such a meager collection? Oh yeah, because that MVS cart he owned is now a conversion AES cart. End of story.

Why the attitude? You have proved NOTHING, only that you are full of ASSUMPTIONS.

I never stated whether I thought Pixa was a scammer or not, simply that a low post count on here means NOTHING in terms of collecting, Neo or not.

If you have a negative aggressive attitude to people who are newbies to posting on these forums then so be it, that shows more about your character than it does about anything else.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
bananaman said:
Why the attitude? You have proved NOTHING, only that you are full of ASSUMPTIONS.

I never stated whether I thought Pixa was a scammer or not, simply that a low post count on here means NOTHING in terms of collecting, Neo or not.

If you have a negative aggressive attitude to people who are newbies to posting on these forums then so be it, that shows more about your character than it does about anything else.

Sorry for being a dick, but the point was that a newbie doesn't show up here at the forums and buy a rediculously high priced AES cart right off the bat. It just doesn't happen.

ResOGlas said:
Sorry for being a dick, but the point was that a newbie doesn't show up here at the forums and buy a rediculously high priced AES cart right off the bat. It just doesn't happen.

No worries :)

And a fair point although I must admit I was tempted to buy high priced carts almost as soon as I came here untill I was (rightly) advised to wait untill I was more familar with the members of the forum.

Although I have no real viewpoint either way on whether Pixa is genuine or not, it does strike me as strange that he would bother to try selling the cart here (if that was his intention) - I don't think he would have too much hassle doing so on eBay, and to try such a scam on these forums would be daft as this is the one place where a fake cart would be picked up as opposed to elsewhere where the chances of getting away with it are much higher.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
ResOGlas said:

Why not? Not everybody that likes the Neo needs to be an active member of this site and spend some hours each week discussing the current dramas.

I don't find his story hard to believe: he is a regular neo geo collector / gamer, and he decides to buy a game he likes a lot in AES format: Metal Slug. I agree this would be his first purchase of this caliber, but well, from all the overpriced AES games, Metal Slug is probably the only one that somehow deserves the hype, and you can always sell it anyway for the same price. However, the guy he buys it from is a scammer and sells him a conversion, and tells him the bullshit lie he will refund him if he's not satisified (this happens all the time in these scams, like kyokugenstar did).

Pixa is suspicious about this not being legit, so he wants to hear the opinion of the neo experts here. He's taking as many pics as he can or is requested, there's no way he is trying to make this look legit so he can sell it, he only wants the TRUTH, and if we reach the conclusion that this is a conversion, he'll contact the seller.

So did you actually pick up the game in person? Is the seller's store in the same city as you? Usually the scammers don't want this to happen, because it's beter for you, so you can go there and kick his ass easily.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
Why not? Not everybody that likes the Neo needs to be an active member of this site and spend some hours each week discussing the current dramas.

I don't find his story hard to believe: he is a regular neo geo collector / gamer, and he decides to buy a game he likes a lot in AES format: Metal Slug. I agree this would be his first purchase of this caliber, but well, from all the overpriced AES games, Metal Slug is probably the only one that somehow deserves the hype, and you can always sell it anyway for the same price. However, the guy he buys it from is a scammer and sells him a conversion, and tells him the bullshit lie he will refund him if he's not satisified (this happens all the time in these scams, like kyokugenstar did).

Pixa is suspicious about this not being legit, so he wants to hear the opinion of the neo experts here. He's taking as many pics as he can or is requested, there's no way he is trying to make this look legit so he can sell it, he only wants the TRUTH, and if we reach the conclusion that this is a conversion, he'll contact the seller.

So did you actually pick up the game in person? Is the seller's store in the same city as you? Usually the scammers don't want this to happen, because it's beter for you, so you can go there and kick his ass easily.

The simple fact that he was searching for a printable scan of a Metal Slug insert awhile back is good enough proof that this fag is up to no good. He has a very small low budget collection of AES carts, and already owned a Metal Slug MVS+Phantom..... His low budget carts are great for SACs, and he already owned the ONE cart needed to make the conversion...not to mention that he was looking to print up a metal slug insert when he didn't even own a shock box.....

Fuck it. Pixa's scamming isn't worth my time. If you guys are still so blind as to not even notice how obvious and simple Pixa's scam is....well....I pity you.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
ResOGlas said:
The simple fact that he was searching for a printable scan of a Metal Slug insert awhile back is good enough proof that this fag is up to no good. He has a very small low budget collection of AES carts, and already owned a Metal Slug MVS+Phantom..... His low budget carts are great for SACs, and he already owned the ONE cart needed to make the conversion...not to mention that he was looking to print up a metal slug insert when he didn't even own a shock box.....

Fuck it. Pixa's scamming isn't worth my time. If you guys are still so blind as to not even notice how obvious and simple Pixa's scam is....well....I pity you.

That insert thread doesn't prove a thing. It only lasted 15 minutes, and he didn't say it was for AES nor it was implied by anybody. He was sent to shockbox inserts, and appearently he was satisfied.

About him doing the conversion himself, well, maybe he had the ingredients, but you sound like everybody that has a neo know how to do a conversion. It's not that easy, you need a lot of knowledge and proper equipment I don't see him owning.

I think you need to cool down a bit. I remember threads asking if a MVS cart was boot or not, and you jumped saying "clearly a boot, don't deny it", while other respectful people said it was legit and showed some proof of it. I also remember (no offense) when you were a n00b here as well, yet claimed to know a lot about the neo. Basically the same as pixa.

On the end, we shouldn't care that much even if you are right and pixa is a scammer, as his evil plan has failed as we all know his Metal Slug is fake. Kthxbye.

Peace.

Last edited:

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
ResOGlas said:

Ditto, it's all quite obvious actually..

Anyway, French fucker count +1