Metal Slug documentary on TV (divx recording)

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
GameOne (The French equivalent to G4TechTV) just broadcasted a 26mn documentary on Metal Slug.

Thanks CrumbY for hosting the 187MB file : http://xpfr.free.fr/ms/

It's in French but I think that member BoyProdigy wants to make a subtitles version of the show.

The show is pretty good and covers many aspect like : the history, the design, conversions, rarity...

Last edited:

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
I think it's funny how Playmore acts like MS1-3 is their work... (they did the same on the KoF 10th anniversary site, with the older KoFs)
It's all part of the "Playmore is SNK" brainwashing. :rolleyes:

However, Playmore has been very nice with the French journalists / fans... Which is just sweet.

mungrin

Panko KING,
Hmkay said:
I think it's funny how Playmore acts like MS1-3 is their work... (they did the same on the KoF 10th anniversary site, with the older KoFs)

However, Playmore has been very nice with the French journalists / fans... Which is just sweet.

Isnt the CE/owner Kawasaki or whatever,wasnt he the original founder/Ceo of SNK?
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6089278/p-23.html

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
mungrin said:
Isnt the CE/owner Kawasaki or whatever,wasnt he the original founder/Ceo of SNK?
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6089278/p-23.html
Yeah well, I'm aware of that. Doesn't change my point... A CEO doesn't make a game all by himself.
That chick in the video acts like "they" have been working on the first Slugs, while very few of them must be from the original team, if anyone...

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Snake-Eyes said:
Heres the direct video link
I know you don't speak French, but the guy on the page says to either link to the page and not directly to the video, or to host it yourself. Howdoin didn't link to it for a reason...

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
Hmkay said:
I know you don't speak French, but the guy on the page says to either link to the page and not directly to the video, or to host it yourself. Howdoin didn't link to it for a reason...

Life sucks.
Either way it wont make a difference. just saving people time.

Ebs

n00b
Howdoin said:
GameOne (The French equivalent to G4TechTV) just broadcasted a 26mn documentary on Metal Slug.

Member Hmkay just posted a link to download the divx recording of the show and you can find it right here:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119243

or directly on this page : http://sokutsu.com/breve.php3?id_breve=2306

When on the page click the "la video du reportage" link to download or watch it.

It's in French but I think that member BoyProdigy wants to make a subtitles version of the show.

The show is pretty good and covers many aspect like : the history, the design, conversions, rarity...

Cheers for posting a link to the video, looks great!.

If BoyProdigy could get some subtitles together, I'm sure everyone would appreciate it.

BoyProdigy

Crossed Swords Squire
I'll be translating this dirty whore for all you anglos. :buttrock:

subtitles only, cause I'm sure no one wants to hear my voice doing everyone in the whole show.

Hecker

Mizuki's Demon
In the video they mention that SNK was bought by Playmore which they said is a Korean company. However, I always tought that Playmore was created by Kawasaki and that it was a Japanese company from the start.

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Metal slug 3D footage.....interesting, but still looks crappy.

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
BoyProdigy said:
I'm sure no one wants to hear my voice doing everyone in the whole show.

Ohhhhh go on dude, that would be great.
Do squiky voices for the ladys, and a gay voice for the presenter....which would be about right for the french :p

BoyProdigy

Crossed Swords Squire
haha, you didn't see the end where the guys kiss I'm guessing. I'm French Canadian, thank god we don't do that fruity stuff.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Just because 2 guys kiss on the cheek, they're gay, or that is gay ?
Not really... It's lame how some people are constantly afraid people will say or think they're gay, so they watch everything they say or do, and try to look and sound manly... Heh, I'll leave it at that...

And the guy decided to kiss him to thank him for the Metal Slug 5 kit, he was just showing his gratefulness... something some people here completely lack, and that's been proven in this very topic.

On a side note, the presenter does seem kind of gay in the intro.

Ebs

n00b
BoyProdigy said:
I'll be translating this dirty whore for all you anglos. :buttrock:

subtitles only, cause I'm sure no one wants to hear my voice doing everyone in the whole show.

Cheers mate :)

...It's times like these when I wish I'd spent more time paying attention in GCSE French...Actually, this is the only time!. :kekeke:

BoyProdigy

Crossed Swords Squire
Hmkay said:
Just because 2 guys kiss on the cheek, they're gay, or that is gay ?
Not really... It's lame how some people are constantly afraid people will say or think they're gay, so they watch everything they say or do, and try to look and sound manly... Heh, I'll leave it at that...

And the guy decided to kiss him to thank him for the Metal Slug 5 kit, he was just showing his gratefulness... something some people here completely lack, and that's been proven in this very topic.

On a side note, the presenter does seem kind of gay in the intro.

Yeah, I get that, but here in North America that is a :shame: . People that do that here are considered gay.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Hmkay said:

you're only partially correct

E.Kawasaki is the same owner of Playmore, who was the same owner of SNK

Problem is, when he regrouped the company, A LOT of people and teams disbanded.

Some members went to Sammy to make Guilty Gear, some went to Yuki, Dimps, Capcom (rumored), etc.

point being, that the heart and soul of SNK is mostly gone. I guess a few of the SNK guys are with Playmore, but most have moved on...

edit: I think I read somewhere that one of the original Metal Slug programmers is with Playmore

Last edited:

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Wow...The French just got cooler in my book.
I would love to have this translated in any fasion.
ThankX!!

sQuareh4t3r

formerly "sQuareh4t3r", then "MacGuffin", now "sQu
Hecker said:
In the video they mention that SNK was bought by Playmore which they said is a Korean company. However, I always tought that Playmore was created by Kawasaki and that it was a Japanese company from the start.
Kawasaki put together a few companies before the imminent demise of SNK, among those being Eolith and Playmore. They were both Korean companies, but later Playmore's corporate headquarters was moved to Osaka (like SNK before it) to help facilitate the resurrection of SNK and their product lines.

Hecker

Mizuki's Demon
sQuareh4t3r said:
Kawasaki put together a few companies before the imminent demise of SNK, among those being Eolith and Playmore. They were both Korean companies, but later Playmore's corporate headquarters was moved to Osaka (like SNK before it) to help facilitate the resurrection of SNK and their product lines.

That makes sense. Thanks man.

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
roker said:
you're only partially correct

E.Kawasaki is the same owner of Playmore, who was the same owner of SNK

Problem is, when he regrouped the company, A LOT of people and teams disbanded.

Some members went to Sammy to make Guilty Gear, some went to Yuki, Dimps, Capcom (rumored), etc.

point being, that the heart and soul of SNK is mostly gone. I guess a few of the SNK guys are with Playmore, but most have moved on...

edit: I think I read somewhere that one of the original Metal Slug programmers is with Playmore

Considering that you, and the other naysayers in this thread, clearly know all SNK developers personally as well how each of their careers have unfolded, I'm sure you're absolutely, factually correct.

By the way, it takes more than programmers to make a game.

Thanks to the original poster for posting the video.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
EX_Andy said:
Considering that you, and the other naysayers in this thread, clearly know all SNK developers personally as well how each of their careers have unfolded, I'm sure you're absolutely, factually correct.

:rolleyes:

I'm only trying to make sense of why SNKP is vastly different from the original SNK

Hecker

Mizuki's Demon
roker said:

I'm only trying to make sense of why SNKP is vastly different from the original SNK

roker, you are a failure. You manipulate and deceive with questionable information. I hope you have learned your lesson and that you wil not recidivate.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
roker said:

I still don't understand why you came up to say I was only partially correct, I can't see anything with what you said that contradits my statement. Heh.
Unless you were just there to show off about your knowledge of SNK ? o_O