Metal Slug *CONVERSION ALERT* on ebay!

neoflo

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks!

:eek:...funny to see that a conversion goes that high on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.de/NEO-GEO-AES-META...Item&pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3a5b8796cf

Facts:
- look at the coloring of the insert, manual and cart-sticker.
-normally you see all the edges of the bricks on the manuals edge.

Originals:
_727154_large.jpg

metalslug.jpg

Fake:
dsc0545g.jpg

Last edited:

T. J.エs shanty

Zero's Secretary
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
it´s actually not the first time, that this seller tries to sell a fake MS1 on ebay. Just take a look at the "boot or no boot" section...

Last edited:

fmdof

Morden's Lackey
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
sorry, not seeing any of it. you can't always base pictures as DIEHARD evidence. theres so many factors. especially since they are all pics with flash, in shitty non direct camera angles. Who's to say SNK made every single manual 100% perfect.

I'm not gonna or have even thought about bidding, but if this is your FOOL PROOF evidence, well i think the judge just threw this case out.

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
354   0   0
sorry, not seeing any of it. you can't always base pictures as DIEHARD evidence. theres so many factors. especially since they are all pics with flash, in shitty non direct camera angles. Who's to say SNK made every single manual 100% perfect.

I'm not gonna or have even thought about bidding, but if this is your FOOL PROOF evidence, well i think the judge just threw this case out.

Dude, it's a boot. The colors of the insert and manual are oversaturated, and the misalignment of the cover is a tell-tale sign of a boot.

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

???????????
:scratch:

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
Yeah he got told it was a fake here about 2 weeks ago, someone's in for a nasty surprise :oh_no:

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
64   0   0

You know nothing,noob;)
Trust me I hardly see what they mean but so far there have been some serious eagle eyes around here who are always spot on with boots.Just by looking at the pics.

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
You know that this cartridge is a conversion, and thus not original, right?

Please inform potential buyers.

seller said:
Hello dear friend
Thank you very much for your message.
About your question, the stick has been reviewed by a collectibles shop in Akihabara, which indicates the cartridge is original, but the box and manual are false.
Likewise the cartridge has a slight inner sound because the previous owner probably did not care as it should be a jewel like this.
The game was included with a box and manual completely false in order to sell as this increases their price and to keep in better preservation conditions.
I repeat the manual and box are not original, the cartridge carrying a certificate from an Akihabara shop collecting SNK PLAYMORE certified on the origin of the cartridge.
Any other questions, please do not use the word "conversion" to not receive automated responses.

fmdof

Morden's Lackey
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
see, I don't know shit. To my eye they look almost identical. I mean, the fake does look supremely sleeker, but the other 2 photos look washed out by flash and light saturation.

also take into account that i am also colorblind. Like actually, not "im a noob i don't know (which as well is true)" But i actually am color blind.

i however will never buy any of the EER homecarts cause of this. well that and I'm not a fuckin bank. Just buy the MVS. it's authentic and is 1/20th the price.

I mean shit, theres fake Halloween and Texas Chainsaw Massacre carts for the 2600 on ebay right now and people are scraping the $100 mark on the games. So as for rare neo carts, I'd stay away. Since they are more popular and cost a heck of a lot more money. especially on ebay.

But yeah, I see where you guys are going, and yeah I'm a noob. we all were as some point.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This really worries me being a new owner of a Neo Geo. I think i'll have to buy the rarer games off trusted forum traders or post pictures here first. Would hate to be in a position to buy these great games and then end up with a fake. It feels like a minefield out there.