Metal Slug 5 video update

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
That battle against that boss on the building is awesome :drool_2:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
WOW! The new slug seen in clip 5 is awesome. I'm so glad you can finally TURN around. Looking good.

Second level boss was great. :buttrock:

All i have to ask is: When can i pre-order?

Last edited:

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
xtoo_short20x said:
That battle against that boss on the building is awesome :drool_2:

Holy----shit.
I couldn't have said it better myself...are you JOKING?
What a great looking game!

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
Yep, ripple and 3D effects are nice, i like the fact that prisonners in this level are not the good old POW with long hair and beard ^^
This slug is starting to look nice... but i fear it will be terribly short...

Lord_Tibor

FLIPTASTIC PRICEJACKER!
I'm sure I'll LOVE this game! it seems that Metal Slug is coming back to its wonderful standards!:drool:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Amazing, it looks like there truly is a lot of new stuff in this game. I can't wait to play it.

-Nick

OMFG ASL!!! This game will own me, with debts to pay!!!

Ok, the music in Level 1 was pure fuckin death-chord grindcore metal. Level whatever is old-school speed metal, including the boss music. The Third level boss is not only innovative but creative as well. I'm like, "Holy shit, the thing blasts the floor below you too!?"

The mecha slug can turn around (required for the level as you saw), same great animation throughout, and I love how they kept the good stuff from previous slugs and just added a bit more finness and flair to it (ie the wailing lead guitars and the bada bing da bashhhh at the end of a level.)

BTW, have you guys noticed on Video 1 that you can hear some background voices as Marco shoots the villagers with the Enemy Chaser? Notice how also what an interesting coincidence it is that the prisoner propelling the canoe is rowing faster during the end of the video while you can hear the metal blaring out.... I realize he's 'changing lanes' but looks like he's headbangin, hehe..

So fuckin cool, so thank you SNKPlaymore!!! If you have a Japanese phrase for YOU FUCKIN' ROCK:buttrock: , please accept!!!

Maybe SNKP does listen to us after all, huh fellas?

I have built a time machine and already gone forward in time to send Shawn my preorder!!!

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Just to correct some of you, the spider on the building boss is the 3rd mission boss, not the second ;)

GARNER

n00b
metal slug 5

i also noticed new tanks and also there is always so much on screen with the tanks you shoot one more arrive. i like the noise the tribes people with masks make when you shoot them and also the noise the prisoner did at the end of the video 7 looking forward now to more videos coming out and also if they post the music to the game.

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire
That mission 3 boss looks great. I love the pseudo 3D effect as you fall, one of the neo's most classic 'hacks'. :)

I am a bit disappointed to see that some of the static items don't seem to take any incremental damage as you shoot them. Take the truck from beginning of movie4 for example. No deterioration as it's being shot. No big deal though, a small nitpick if anything.

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
ok, im deff pre ord this one, im donw atchin movies too, btw. I want the rest of the game to surprise me. Looks so f'n cool!! What a great time to own a neo!!!!

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
After watching all the videos, seeing all the new animations, bosses, backgrounds and music, all i can say is that this game will rock more than the worlds biggest quarry! :loco: :D

dragonwillow

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I think they turned the diff. level down or something... dunno if that affects how strong the bosses are. But you're right, they were pretty unflashy.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Looks amazing! Lots of new situations. It's just painful to watch how horrible this player is. Is it so hard to simply duck under a shot? Geez! The third boss didn't die easy, guys. Look again. This person just tosses grenades out like crazy because you get 10 more every time you die.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
why won't my windows media player run the movies?? :crying:

Is anyone else hosting Ms5 footage?:spock: