Metal Slug 5 Classic-Shock Insert *WIP UPDATED

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Stayed up a bit too late messin with this insert. This is what I have so far. Thoughts, impressions?

slug5sm.jpg

Last edited:

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Get rid of that lense flare on the front. Maybe do something with the background I dont know, it just looks like the original with all the mechs cut out of the back.

The back of it is awesome.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I <3 the back too. I agree that you should remove the lens flare thing, and would it be possible to enlarge the characters on the front so that they fill in the front cover more?

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Nesagwa said:
Get rid of that lense flare on the front. Maybe do something with the background I dont know, it just looks like the original with all the mechs cut out of the back.

The back of it is awesome.

The front doesnt sit well with me either. It does come from one of the Posters for the game though. If I had a better quality image of that poster to use, I would super-enlarge the Squad with the MS5 logo beneath them.

So to anyone that might have some high-quality stuff.........now is the time to bust out the goods.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
The back is awesome.

The MS5 logo in front would be better centralized, maybe a little bigger, without any treatment in the borders, to mix better with the bg.

Cool job! :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Wow, I was expecting a lot more comments and views for this one (pretty new game in somewhat high demand). Thanks for the comments I did get. I will be trying to figure out the best strategy for the front cover. Keep checkin this out so you can help me come up with the best version for all of us.

I dont mind donations of a Metal Slug 5 mvs cart so i can see how the insert looks with the game in the box. :cool:

anyway........see what happens.

I also noticed that the back is the first I made WITHOUT screenshots. Kinda odd but overall Im pleased with the back. I just hadnt realized I did that.

- NeoCverA

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
NeoC,

If you want more constructive criticism, I would post this thread in the general section of these forums. Not that many people hang out in the creative forums, and I don't see any problem with posting this kinda thing in the general section.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
NeoCverA said:
Heres another Front

slug5f2.jpg

About the first front (and my comments): Try to make the top of the box shorter (more gray in the top) with the MS3 logo covering part of the box, part of the gray area.

About this new version: Try to up the logo a bit, it too close to the box border. And put the art up a bit, too - the logo is covering the characters, while there's a plenty of empty space at the top.

Maybe this second artwork, with the logo centered in the upper part, is the ideal (for me, at least) :cool:

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Verythrax said:
Maybe this second artwork, with the logo centered in the upper part, is the ideal (for me, at least) :cool:

I think that you probably could bring the logo up and over (to the left) about half an inch for each shift, just to maybe have a little room between the logo and the megs box. I don't think moving the logo to the top would be a good move, though, as this would probably cover up the top character's face :(.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
The thing is the artwork itself looks like it was run through a scanline filter, and the background is clear. It just doesnt mesh well.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Yeah, we gotta get this guy a clearer scan of these characters somehow.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
New Version 1.1

Ok heres another hack at it, I updated the back with some screenshots and a few new text layers.
MetalSlug5_1.jpg

Heres a close-up of the back with this version
MetalSlug5_1back.jpg

Version 1.2 next reply

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Version 1.2

Heres another version using the new front art as V1.1 but with a different theme.

MetalSlug5_21.jpg

The Back for V1.2
MetalSlug5_2back.jpg

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
This back cover is the BEST imo.
http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/slug5back.jpg
Btw,you killing me.. I am on dialup because I am at war with my cable service.
You need to get ahold of the original front,It just seems like the only one that will work imo unless you can find some other artwork pertaining to this release.
If I had to change the back in some way,I would get some artwork closeups,NOT SPRITES(if available) of the soldiers and other enemies and place them in the line of fire.
Somebody call Mr. Wizard. :D
-BB

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Thanks BB. Anyone else have any feedback for v1.1 and 1.2?

I need to learn how to do a poll.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
I liked the 1.1 more.

- but I'm still thrilled about the empty space between the chars and the logo... maybe bigger chars, maybe a bigger logo... I don't know.

- the back with the screens have more 'life', but the char boxes look a bit cramped with the text and crosshairs.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
To post a poll, just mark the box about poll that shows right below the text box, when you create or edit the 1st post of a thread.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Version 1.11 Final

Here is the final 1.1 (1.11) Should be up this weekend at Crazearcade.
MetalSlug5_1-copyfinal.jpg