Metal Slug 4 & 5 impressions on Gamespot.com

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
I think PS2 is more of the 2d fighter system than xbox. Streetfighter Anniverary for one, CapcomFighting evolution. I don't think those were on xbox. Correst me if I'm wrong.

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
SFA is out for the bawks, and CFE is coming (though I don't remember when)

H

hermegildo

Weevus said:
I think PS2 is more of the 2d fighter system than xbox. Streetfighter Anniverary for one, CapcomFighting evolution. I don't think those were on xbox. Correst me if I'm wrong.

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection is out for the X-Box actually, CFE is not. The PS2 WAS the 2D fighters console but the X-Box is quickly catching up. I mean, there's GGXX#R, CVS2, MVC2, teh KOF p0rts and the aforementioned SFAC from the top of my head. CFE is the only PS2 exclusive, but not that many people care about it anyway. This is only in the US of course, Japan is getting the Vampire Collection, MOTW and Last Blade 1 & 2 solely for the PS2, unless they get ported to the X-Box later of course.

The PS2 has more fighters in general though.

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
Yeah PS2 has Virtua Fighter 4 Evo, which I honestly think is the best 3D fighter ever made.

XBox has GGXX#Reload though and most likely will be getting ports of all the SNK games. So I guess to clarify, it's the fighting game system for fighting games I acutally want. ;) SFAnniversary Collection is a must own, but Capcom Fighting Evolution I played and will definitely be skipping. After playing that, man, people that complain about SNK recycling stuff don't realize how good they have it. :emb:

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Yeah, I have SFAC and am pleased with it. I heard CFE sucked. What exactly is wrong with it? That pisses me off that they're not bringing the Last Blades or that Darkstalkers collection over here. :very_ang:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
chimpmeister said:
Then I assume you are buying the import MS4 and MS5 games @ $60 each? Because you know this doesn't come out in the U.S. until 8/15/05? :conf:

MS4 on PS2 isn't too expensive if you look on eBay instead of going with Play-Asia or Lik-Sang. I was pretty shocked when I won a brand new copy for $19.99 + shipping from japanvideogames.com.

Certainly worth it at that price.

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
Weevus said:
I'll be getting this game on launch. I just hope it isn't censored. It's always good to support good companies.

The US and PAL versions of PS1 Metal Slug X were both censored which really made a mess of the game, both visually and mechanically. Who's to think this MS4/5 pack will be any different?

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
Ben Herman seemed to imply that he and other people within SNK finally got through to the people in SNK of Japan that were insisting on the censorship that ended up happening in US Evolution/'99, LB2, etc. games from that era.

I have a feeling MS1 on the GBA will be censored though so it can be rated E.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Metal Slug 3 on xbox wasn't censored. What the hell! We can have resident evil and shit, but not some cartoon blood! :very_ang: I'd like to hear a good reason for that. :conf:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Weevus said:
Metal Slug 3 on xbox wasn't censored. What the hell! We can have resident evil and shit, but not some cartoon blood! :very_ang: I'd like to hear a good reason for that. :conf:
As would i then agian some times 'japanese compenys' don't, make any sense at all period :conf: