Metal Slug 3 PS2 rejected by SCEA???

biocat

Kula's Candy
Both gamestop.com and ebgames.com have an ETA of 12/16 for the game. Of course, that doesn't mean much, but at least it is something.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
rimm_rs said:
It was rejected about 2 months ago, this if FACT.

It did not even get concept approval.

Sony does not think it represents what Playtstation 2 is about.

I'm a little confused, could you elaborate?

Lets Gekiga In said:
I also heard SCEA is the reason why Rockman Complete Works didn't come over here according to MMHP (http://www.ibis-research.com/mm) If that really is true, that really pisses me off. :blow_top:

Are you talking about the pending Mega Man collection?

I hope not.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
If this is actually true, I'd love to see Playmore pull a "Working Designs" (when they stopped putting out Saturn games after "mistreatment") and stop publishing games for the PS2 in the U.S.

But that would not be a good idea on their part for obvious reasons. :)

Oh well, stuff like this is the reason I imported MS3 over the summer. :P

Lee

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Wow, with the incredible amount of SHITTY games the PS2 gets in a year, they hesitate to release MS3? Bastards... :shame:

Does anybody know how well MS1 and MSX for PSX in USA, if they were released? MSX was released here in Europe for sure...

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
MSX was released here with gay white blood. Don't think MS1 was though..

rimm_rs

Banned
@ the roker

concept approval= a piblisher tries to get a console maker to sign off on a title and "bless" it so they can publish it.

The risk it all taken by the publisher, not sony, so sony is arrogant about this.

as for m3 it will eventually get pushed out, but expcet some cg cinemas or the like to pass sony's bar.

how do i know this? ben herman and I are buds.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
This is such fagginess. It better be a rumor.

Sure, keep Metal Slug 3 from coming over here, but by all means, bring on such quality titles as Portal Runner and Unlimited Saga. :rolleyes:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
rimm_rs said:
@ the roker

concept approval= a piblisher tries to get a console maker to sign off on a title and "bless" it so they can publish it.

The risk it all taken by the publisher, not sony, so sony is arrogant about this.

as for m3 it will eventually get pushed out, but expcet some cg cinemas or the like to pass sony's bar.

how do i know this? ben herman and I are buds.

I hope there's an option to disable the CG cinemas, this reaks of horse shit.

ST-V

Lyte Edge said:
Oh well, stuff like this is the reason I imported MS3 over the summer. :P

Tis true, but many of my friends won't exactly run out to purchase an import PS2/game or mod their console. OR purchase a Home Cart system or get some kind of arcade/supergun setup.

Regardless, if you at least want to enjoy many of the 2D games on a Sony console, you're gonna have to import anyways... *shrugs* Still bullshit tho, these companies need to cut this whole game rejection process: the fact that someone get's paid to do so pisses me off even more. :very_ang:

Yea how much of corporate America really plays videogames anyway?

Sony does blow. They are teh mainstream monster.

That´s why I hate sony. I don´t even buy anymore their products.
Sony ruined the actual game scene.

aof004.gif

toshiba stuff is much better btw

HPMAN

UI resident
Blah Blah...

SNK refused US Pulstar / Blazing Star / Magical Drop / WW7 etc...

SNK ruined videogame market.

SNK sucks.

HPMAN said:
Blah Blah...

SNK refused US Pulstar / Blazing Star / Magical Drop / WW7 etc...

SNK ruined videogame market.

SNK sucks.

don´t blah blah my sony hate posts

and to think was nintendo to release the beast by backing up their deal with sony to make a stupid cdrom attachment to the SNES

Even thought SNK never made US versions of some games, their systems are region free, you could still play J releases in US systems.

I just hate sony police against game play, replay value and 2D games.

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
If the rumor is true, that sucks, but I'll just end up getting the Jap version then.

Jim is hot

Cheng's Errand Boy
Uh oh

This better not affect the arrival of the US KOF 2K/2K1 package!

bluedevil

Galford's Armourer
we could always start a petition. i'm sure if sony is assured that they will sell enough copies to justify releasing it, they will. appeal to their greed.:D

mike 88

Quiz Detective
bluedevil said:
we could always start a petition. i'm sure if sony is assured that they will sell enough copies to justify releasing it, they will. appeal to their greed.:D

listen who cares if it is released or not. anyone who has a neo just go an buy one!!

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
mike 88 said:
listen who cares if it is released or not. anyone who has a neo just go an buy one!!

Because some of us wanted to support SNK here in america on a large brand name console.

Others of us have it in MVS form and have to stand at an arcade cabinet to play it and would occasionally like to sit on a nice comfy couch.

Some of us have both of those reasons. :buttrock:

Robert

20 Year Member
I understand that SCEA has rejected MS3, it's a sensible choice. Just think that it could have taken the place of Barbie horse riding or one of those bright 3D platform game.

bluedevil

Galford's Armourer
i know i'd hate to see britney's dance beat get bumped off the shelves.......:rolleyes:

mike 88

Quiz Detective
Shapermc said:
Because some of us wanted to support SNK here in america on a large brand name console.

Others of us have it in MVS form and have to stand at an arcade cabinet to play it and would occasionally like to sit on a nice comfy couch.

Some of us have both of those reasons. :buttrock:

i understand everybody's gripe, but you are dealing with sony a bunch of fucking asshole's

JC10001

Zero's Secretary
Update: SNK/Playmore has released the following statement (source: IGN-PS2)...

"Published reports regarding Metal Slug not coming stateside are incorrect. SNK is still in development to publish the game for PlayStation 2, contingent on Sony's approval process. Sony often asks for changes to a product before giving approval, and it is SNK's intention to work with Sony to make sure this product can come out for the PS2. It's unfortunate that certain gaming sites make stories out of non-news, without ever bothering to fact check."

Note that Sony may still decide to reject the game even after the changes have been made but at least SNK/Playmore is trying their damndest to get it out here.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Now we have to get a CG, stupified version of MS3.

I just hope they don't cut out the gore