Metal Slug 3 on the X-box

verbel

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Hi all I got this on the box and though I've played it on the Neo I'm nowhere as familiar with it as alot of you all soI was wondering how this compares to the origonal?

daybona

Juz,
Aside from the obvious extra game modes, it supports XBL scoreboards, has NO slowdown, and only gives you four credits to complete a stage.

verbel

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Did the origonal have much slowdown? I did'nt get to play it much except in the occasional arcade.

daybona

Juz,
It had very little slowdown, however the x-box version has none, and if you've played it on AES before, it screws up your timing.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
The biggest difference, IMO, is that you don't continue where you left off. After losing your last life, if you choose to continue, you are whisked back to the beginning of the stage whereas the AES/MVS versions will allow you to continue where you died.

I guess I actually kind of like this feature, since it really forces me to learn the stages an improve my MS 3 skills.

This game isn't quite as stable as the AES/MVS version either, I guess that should be mentioned. Although it's pretty rare, the game will occasionally "skip" on the flying mission segment of the final stage. What happens is that you keep flying but the enemies stop coming, and you're just left there flying and eventually run out of time. I thought this was just some random error, but multiple people on these forums have experienced this problem, although as I said, it's quite infrequent and really shouldn't deter you from getting this game.+

Overall, I think it's a great port, and wouldn't hesitate if I were you.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Yes indeed, it's a great game. I just finished another run through it today. I have heard of some problems people have been having with the X-Box version freezing up, but I've never had that problem. Also no slowdown is a blessing (especially during the 4th stage when you are in the drill slug going through the big slug creatures).

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
I'd never actually played it before and I just got the game yesterday.
The continue system, while hard as hell, really adds to the satisfaction when you beat a level, like Galfordo said.
For obvious reasons, then, I can't comment on the slowdown (or lack thereof.)

I'm a huge fan of the first two games, but since those are the only ones I knew, I figured I'd love what is arguably one of the better games in the series. I was not disappointed.