Metal Slug 3 on Steam in Feb

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
Just saw on steam, pre-purchase is up for MS3 is $5.99 USD. Normal price is $7.99 USD Offer ends Feb 7th

http://store.steampowered.com/app/250180

No specific date given when it will be released, is still says sometime during February. I would assume soon if pre-purchases are going down already.
I snagged it for that. Looking forward to game on :buttrock:

Last edited:

Yoshi

20 Year Member
$5.99 is a no brainer if only to vote for more Steam ports. I'd kill for Blazing Star, and DotEmu has already brought that to smartphones, so it seems plausible.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
pre-ordered this morning... can't wait to try the multiplayer... :D

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yeah!

Pre-ordered for me and a mate, multi-player Slug!

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Pre-Ordered! Looks like SNK wanted to give me a birthday present this year :-P

I'd be happy with just 1, 2, X, and 3, but if they give us a steam Garou with good net code and ranked matches? I will literally cry.

I will cry, literally.

Last edited:

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Pointless releasing this for the PC audience. Any Steam user worth their salt will know how to MAME it.

I already have the ROM.

I already have the ROM, the iPhone version, the MVS version, the PSP version, the damn Neo Geo X version.. So the heck what?
When exactly did this stop being a Neo Geo enthusiast site?

The least we can wish for SNK to do is to put out good legally obtainable ports of their great old games if they won't make any new ones.
Steam needs more good arcade ports anyway, capcom should get off their butts and put their HD remix of 3rd Strike on their too.

Last edited:

Valt C

n00b
I already have the ROM, the iPhone version, the MVS version, the PSP version, the damn Neo Geo X version.. So the heck what?

The least we can wish for SNK to do is to put out good legally obtainable ports of their great old games if they won't make any new ones.
Steam needs more good arcade ports anyway, capcom should get off their butts and put their HD remix of 3rd Strike on their too.

^ This.

And I'll buy this game, and btw I still have a beta key left... I wonder if anyone here would want it.

tomlee80

Kabuki Klasher
This will be an excellent addition to the Steam Library - especially with the forthcoming release of the Steam Machine console. Let's hope SNKP start releasing the rest of the Neo Back catalogue on Steam. Not for my benefit, but for the new generations.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Amen

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey

That's the spirit
Unfortunatelly you're the exception around here

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

Well said.

In regards to Boredom's comment, I guess it's kinda understandable to think that all those who game on their PC's are into MAME, Rom's hacking.

I for one am not, never have and I doubt I ever will be.

So bring it on SNKP, and more.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
In case anybody was wondering, it's (mostly?) playable, but it's a trainwreck compared to free Neo Geo emulation on PC for the past decade and a half. There are various nagging issues all over the place.

In addition, the online co-op is invite only. There is no matchmaking or lobby system, so you've literally got to have somebody on your friends list that has the game and coordinate with them in order to play it online.

It's not worth the asking price right now. Hopefully it will get patched so at least the emulation glitches are resolved, but it would be stupendous if it had proper online co-op.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
In addition, the online co-op is invite only. There is no matchmaking or lobby system, so you've literally got to have somebody on your friends list that has the game and coordinate with them in order to play it online

That's terrible...

...but not really. Don't really see that as a bad thing at all, much less a point advocating non-purchase.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Well that's too bad.

Would you care to elaborate a little more on that?

I've noticed sped-up sound, crappy vsync, the overall visual look is meh. I've seen better on MAME.

Others have encountered sluggish controls (I'm still not sure about this), emulation that pauses for no apparent reason on decent gaming rigs, possibly sped-up gameplay (this might go with the sped-up sound), missing sounds, desyncs in online co-op, and some other problems I can't remember right now.

That's terrible...

...but not really. Don't really see that as a bad thing at all, much less a point advocating non-purchase.

Kaillera was doing a better job at it over a decade ago for free. That's pretty bad. And to not be able to go to a lobby or matchmaking and find some random person to play with is junk.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Kaillera was doing a better job at it over a decade ago for free. That's pretty bad. And to not be able to go to a lobby or matchmaking and find some random person to play with is junk.

Junk...to you, good sir.

Some of us have absolutely no interest in playing with random/faceless/unknown people, and are perfectly fine with running games directly with/to people on our personal friend lists. Blanket statements that do not apply to everyone are silly.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Junk...to you, good sir.

Some of us have absolutely no interest in playing with random/faceless/unknown people, and are perfectly fine with running games directly with/to people on our personal friend lists. Blanket statements that do not apply to everyone are silly.

You can go ahead and use whatever player coordinating system you feel is right for you. If you want to only play with friends, then you can play only with friends. The fact that there aren't any more options makes the game objectively less fully featured than what Kaillera provided over a decade ago no matter how you look at it, though.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
So, I just played through the entire game again. They're going to have to do some serious patching before I touch this piece again. It's absolutely shameful.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
gotta say... playing with the 360 pad is nowhere near as good as with an AES stick :\

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
gotta say... playing with the 360 pad is nowhere near as good as with an AES stick :\

And if you connected the AES-ish Neo Geo X stick (or if you were really ambitious, a real AES stick with an adapter of sorts) to your PC, it would still suck.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
And if you connected the AES-ish Neo Geo X stick (or if you were really ambitious, a real AES stick with an adapter of sorts) to your PC, it would still suck.

lol i'll just keep playing it on my MVS then :p

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
Not completely horrible but the sped-up sound gives me a serous case of the eye twitch every-time it crackles wanting to turn it off. Oh but wait there's NO volume slider in the options, WTF! Stick to playing on MVS, hell for that matter Kawaks runs it way better than this half asses crap. Very disappointing indeed :angry:

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
Not completely horrible but the sped-up sound gives me a serous case of the eye twitch every-time it crackles wanting to turn it off. Oh but wait there's NO volume slider in the options, WTF! Stick to playing on MVS, hell for that matter Kawaks runs it way better than this half asses crap. Very disappointing indeed :angry:

kinda makes you think who they had testing it during the beta period... people that didn't care or didn't know better?